Oakbrook Golf Club

2.3

Located less than an hour from Seattle in Lakewood, Oakbrook Golf Club is one of the area's hidden gems. Opened in 1966 as a private club, the course opened its doors to the public in 2012. The course is known for its smooth, firm, and fast greens. The 6,700-yard layout plays both narrow and long but it is player friendly enough to appeal to a wide range of skill levels. With hundreds of mature oak trees scattered throughout the course, accuracy is key. It's a course that rewards strategy rather than raw skill. One of Oakbrook Golf Club's toughest holes is the par-4 seventh, which you'll have to play from below since it's sloped steeply from top to bottom. The downhill shots and doglegs will put golfers of any skill level to the test.
Blue (W) 72 6680 yards 78.4 139
Green (W) 72 5735 yards 73.6 128
Scorecard for Oakbrook
Blue M: 72.5/130 504 389 427 189 380 180 358 341 556 3324 375 392 426 200 502 426 187 386 440 3334 6658
White M: 70.5/125 479 371 415 172 363 154 350 324 536 3164 337 368 405 170 480 386 164 375 419 3104 6268
Red W: 73.8/128 463 340 358 144 332 154 337 315 468 2911 328 330 410 117 469 352 164 357 336 2863 5774
Yellow M: 70.6/120 403 299 352 123 282 116 270 263 455 2563 313 318 396 117 421 313 131 312 336 2657 5220

Year Built 1966

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Washington (2016 #7)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #4)

Buyer beware!

DO NOT PURCHASE A TWILIGHT MEMBERSHIP! I purchased a twilight membership during the summer and I asked the gentleman signing me up if there was a contract involved like the Executive Membership, the employee told me no there is not and that I could cancel my membership at anytime. I asked this because I knew I would be going back to school in eastern WA and that I wouldn't be back until next summer. I've even came into the clubhouse and said that I will be canceling my membership at the end of September and if I could do it over the phone, again I got the same answer Yes I could. I went back to school and called to cancel and they said I was locked into a 1 year contract. They then proceeded to tell me that the employee who signed me up who has been there nearly 7 months never said such thing. If this was true I would have never signed up for my membership because I knew I wouldn't be living here 9 months out of the year. The website doesn't even say that there is a 1 year contract. If this is how oakbrook does business by swindling customers into contracts I would stay far away from them!

Great value!

Awesome course to pay full rate, country club conditions! Fast, true greens. Course in great shape and played in 4 hours.

Championship layout

Fast greens (stay below the hole). Bunkers need more sand; was like hitting off of hsrdpan.

Course is in good shape. Pace was a little slow but the course was busy, and we had a good time. Would recommend, and will be back!

Course is in Great Shape

1005 tee time with 4some walking on a Tuesday. Finished in short of 4 hrs. I played it last week and rough was US Open-like. But since they got it mowed down. Course was in great shape. Good walking course and a good challenge. You will need to be able to work the ball left and right around doglegs and some on course designed obstructions. Ball placement on several holes is critical to score well. Price was more than we usually pay but I had a free round coupon otherwise would not have paid $39 to walk. Thanks Columbia Hospitality for the inflated prices since you took over.

its okay

disapointed golfnow didnt tell me could only play back 9 twice as they were sanding front 9 greens. its an ok course, feels kinda crowded and it doesnt have a good flow, but, the trees are beautiful. fairways are beat up and not much sand in bunkers. hardpan

9a8207e3-0956-55bf-991c-b0480075ab31
mpreiss
Commented On 05/30/2018

Update.. I played the complete course on 5-27-18 and it was in wonderful shape. greens were fast and true and we got around on a Sunday in 4 hrs 10 minutes!

Gr8 day at Oak Brook GC

November golf in Washington is usually wet and soft, Veterans Day was 60* and dry. Course was in great shape for the rain we had just before. The course was punching the front nine fairways but cleaning right after. This course would be a jewel in the spring.

Enjoyed our time there,

Tom

NO marshel

Vary slow play no marshel to monator pace of play group in frount of ours 3 holes behind , we finealy pick up our dalls and whent around them .yes 3 holes dehind buy the 6th hole crazy!! Poor course management ,

9a8207e3-0956-55bf-991c-b0480075ab31
mpreiss
Commented On 04/05/2017

yes the staff there doesnt seem to care much about nothing

Really enjoyed the course. Great Greens!

I really enjoy this course. Played it last weekend & looked forward to get out again on it yesterday. Course is in good shape. Very good walking course.

Best greens around!

I've now played Oakbrook several times and each time the course has gotten better. Great layout of the course, it's challenging but fair. Pace of play is great, each time I've played, 4 hours or less for a round. The greens are some of the best around, firm and fast.

Best greens around

Oakbrook has come back extremely well since all the trees were remove about 18 months ago. Greens and fairways that did not receive any sun for 6 months of the year now get plenty and are in great shape. Right now, the hallmark of this course are the greens. I challenge anyone to find better greens on a public course anywhere in the area. In fact, it is unlikely one will find better greens on many private courses. Management if fully aware of the need to get rid of the many stumps left behind from the tree removal and are currently working to remove what is left between now and the end of the year. If you are looking to play some of the best greens in the area head on out to Oakbrook, you will not be disappointed.

ONE of the best green in Pacific North West!!!

I have played many courses around Tacoma and Seattle area this year but Oakbrook has the best green without any doubt!!!

Cannot believe this is Public!!

I have long known about Oakbrook, and was invited there many years ago by a member. I had know idea the course is now open to the public!! My round was fantastic as was the course! Very friendly staff, greens were the best of any course I have played this year, and the remodeled bar was a great place for us to enjoy some great food and drinks. The golf pro Jeff remembered our names from checking in before the round and talked to us after our round about our experience. Seriously thinking of joining the clubs' monthly membership program.

Outstanding Greens

These greens are some of the best I've played on any public golf course. The improvement from the last few years is unbelievable. The new staff is making this golf club a very friendly place to enjoy your day.

Love the pace of play and the greens!!!

I played Oakbrook last week with my wife and another couple. It was fairly busy and I was shocked that we got around in 4 hours and 10 minutes. The greens were amazing. My guess is they were close to 12 on the stimp and very smooth - fun to putt.

The renovations they did 18 months ago are starting to pay nice dividends.

If you looking for a great value - I highly recommend Oakbrook golf club. Might be the best public greens I've putted in the state.

Oakbrook Is Back!

It's absolutely amazing that the crew working here has brought this course back into such great shape so fast! The greens are immaculate and fast, bunkers are a fun challenge and the fairways are really benefitting from the tree removal program. What's amazing is how with 300 trees removed, it still is a tree lined course that requires ball control or pay the price, which is what I enjoy. Good job to all involved with bringing this gem back to life! Give them a few more months and the conditions will be five stars, the same leadership did just that at McCormick Woods last year.

A great day of golf!

Greens were in excellent shape. Pace of play was very fast. I would recommend this course and I will be back!

Excellent greens, fun to walk and easy access to amenities.

I love walking this course. The fact that it used to be private shows in that the amenities are easy to get to. Evening golf is great. The greens are fast and a blast.

University Place, Washington