Langdon Farms Golf Club

1 reviews

Blue/White 71 6214 yards 70.3 127
Scorecard for Langdon Farms Golf Club
Black M: 73.7/133 405 392 192 356 440 122 558 464 427 3356 386 629 446 179 416 361 420 224 514 3575 6931
Blue M: 71.5/133 372 368 173 322 403 115 512 449 409 3123 365 607 425 166 379 340 411 204 502 3399 6522
Blue/White M: 70.1/127 359 368 153 322 361 115 512 411 376 2977 365 558 399 166 353 340 371 185 502 3239 6216
White M: 69.3/126 W: 75.5/139 359 346 153 304 361 103 484 411 376 2897 342 558 399 148 353 311 371 185 488 3155 6052
Gold M: 65.6/115 W: 71.0/129 329 286 124 270 331 97 403 367 310 2517 302 471 343 130 309 276 321 167 410 2729 5246

Year Built 1995
Fairways Winter Rye Grass
Greens Poa Annua Grass
Architect Bob Cupp (1995) John Fought (1995)

Practice Hole Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Oregon (2017 #20)

Don’t waste your time or money!

Don’t waste your time or money at this course unless you want marshalls swarming you on every hole regardless if anyone is behind you or not. I’ve played golf all over the world and have never experienced anything like it. I even attempted on multiple occasions to question this practice. They always had no explanation. They would disappear for a hole and then show back up the next hole. Furthermore, Keith Lee (employee) arrived on the 16th tee and requested we skip a hole or tee off from the 150 yard marker. There was no one behind us! The next group was 2 holes back and we were on 16! He and his marshalls certainly have no clue about golf etiquette, customer service, or course management. You could not pay me to come back to this course! What a terrible experience.

Mvinson24
Commented On 07/16/2018

We did complete our round in less than 4 hours and 30 minutes. In addition, I talked with the twosome (we were a foursome) behind us in the clubhouse after the round. They both stated we did not slow them or impact their pace of play. This course is obviously clueless with golf etiquette. Best of luck.

LangdonFarms
Commented On 07/15/2018

Thank you for sharing your experience, Mike. Through regular customer feedback, we know pace of play faster than your groups chosen pace is generally preferred. Our on-course staff and Keith were also working with the group behind you to create a better experience for everyone. We know completing 18 holes in less than 4 hours and 30 minutes is not for everyone and we are sorry that standard did not meet your expectations.

Oregon Advisor

Best Public Course in Portland

Langdon Farms is a good solid golf course that is especially great in the winter because of conditions. The course plays firm and lush even with wet weather.

They also have a great clubhouse, with great people, good food, etc.

They always try to keep people moving quickly, but they also have a lot of tournaments so pace of play can be a struggle sometimes.

With the farm card, you get discounts and amenities that are perfect for a weekend golfer.

The only downside is the course gets a ton of play, and pace of play can be slow at times. Overall great course and value.

1st time playing and will be back for sure

Decided to play Langdon Farms at the last minute so we got a late tee time around 5:57 pm. $15 to get in as many holes as you could. We ended up getting in 15 before darkness won out. It was my 1st time playing here and I absolutely loved every minute of it. The staff were super friendly, the starter was a nice dude, and I loved the layout of the course. Easily to walk as well. My only suggestion I would like to see is to maybe add a course layout to the scorecard, or at the start of the holes, add a overall layout of the hole so for people playing the course for the 1st time, it would be nice to see where all the hazards are before teeing off. Other than that, I will gladly come back and play more here.

superb condition

Played in early April and again in early May, both times the course was in excellent shape. Drainage is outstanding. Great course for walking. Nice clubhouse. Free warm-up range balls with the round.

Course itself: fairly straightforward, but in a good way (i.e. not simple or uninteresting). Not a lot of water or trees, but enough to keep you honest. Little in the way of elevation changes. Finally, to reiterate: in excellent shape considering all the rain this year. My new go-to course.

Golf Bowl Tournament

Throughout the last 14 years we have played over 50 courses during our 24 man tournament. Langdon is always a top pick for the guys and they didn't let us down this time. Course was in great shape and the staff was fantastic. Given that Portland has so many courses to offer we usually like to try new courses. Unfortunately with their superb service and beautiful course conditions we have to keep coming back.

Golf Bowl Tournament

Throughout the last 14 years we have played over 50 courses during our tournament. Langdon is always a top pick for the guys and they didn't let us down this time. Course was in great shape and the staff was fantastic. Given that Portland has so many courses to offer we usually like to try new courses. Unfortunately with their superb service and beautiful course conditions we have to keep coming back.

First Course Played in Portland Area

I did not know which other courses to try, so I chose Langdon Farms since it was only 20 minutes from where I was visiting. I walked on, and was told they would get me out as a single in 20 minutes. I ended up waiting more than an hour, which was not so bad, except they were not very good about keeping me informed about when I would tee off. The fairways are very wide and forgiving. But you have to chip and putt well to score on this course. Course maintenance was excellent. Very unique double green on 9/18. The 607 par 5 on the back is really long for most of us. Some downhill on third shot, but a par here is really good. I thought it was a little high in price ($61 with cart on a weekday), but I don't have anything to compare it to in the area. I would play it again,

Good course. Not overly challenging.

The course was in great shape considering the heavy rain we have been having this time of year. My only complaint would be that the maintenance crew was working on the tee boxes as we were playing. They seemed to be on every hole and there was a tremendous amount of noise. Not the most relaxing round.

Greens were true and nice

For this time of year, great shape. I enjoyed it very much. The weather was perfect today

Good course, nice greens, good pace of play by everyone

The course was a little wet from the rains, but the greens were in very good shape and well taken care of. The course has a good variety of holes for distances, and I like the open layout. Even though no real trees to get in trouble, if you are off the fairway the rough will cost you a stroke if you are not real sharp on your recovery shot. I feel it is one of the better courses in the greater Portland area.

Best Course in the area

Langdon farms is a gorgeous course. Greens are hard and fast, and in the summer they have some long grass outside of the regular rough that makes you not want to miss too badly. Sandtraps and greens make this course great. They seem to have a green of every shape, size, and angle on this course. It is a bit more money than I like to spend, but they have some good deals on Golfnow that make it very affordable. I golf at this course every chance I get.

love this course

really fun course - every hole is unique drains relatively well for winter golf

Great layout, in good shape for the time of year.

Lots of fun holes I play this course this time of year because it drains well and the green fees are much more reasonable than during the summer. If you don't mind paying high green fees the course is incredible in the summer. I have never been dissappointed in the course when I have played it.

Greens are in good shape considering the winter conditions

Course is in good condition, including sand traps which are usually too wet this time of year.

fun and firm.

course was in good condition considering the weather we have had. i enjoy playing golf in the winter and find it best to not go when it is rain because yes your ball will plug and be difficult to find. instead go after a cold streak because the ground is firm and you can actually get roll out of your drives. course was in good shape, a little bumpy greens but fair.

Wonderful golf course.

When you put together a combination of nice grass on the tee box, fairway, and the green, x18 , you would have a nice golf course. Add a nice club house and manicure everything around the holes is pleasant to the eyes.

Overall good value and well maintained course

I have played at Langdon many times and have had good luck. This past round was not that experience. My round was prepaid on golf now and after the 2nd hole we discovered we were behind a shot gun tournament that had gone off 30 minutes prior to our tee time. We left after 9 holes. To their credit they did offer a rain check based on the slow conditions.

Great looking course, but...

Great course. Challenging yet not impossible. The only draw back was the course officials. They started us late and expected us to play catch up through the first 4 holes. We were enjoying ourselves until 3 different course officials were on our butts telling us to hurry up. One official sped up to us on the tee while I was teeing off (how bout some course etiquette guys). Maybe if they would let us play we could catch up. This made us feel hurried and decreased our overall enjoyment. Other than that the course was great.

Great Local Course, less overpriced than it used to be.

I love playing at Langdon, more than any other course in the Portland area. That is saying something as we have an abundance of great courses in our area. I consider Langdon my home course, which is also saying something. I can relax here and enjoy my round, always. If there is a problem, it is taken care of without question. I really appreciate that and it keeps loyal.

Do like the lay out

Course gave me an enjoyable afternoon with son and son-in-law

Canby, Oregon