Reid Golf Course

Year Built 1928
Golf Season Early April until early November
Architect Bob Lohmann (2013)

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard and Visa

Reid Rocks!

Golfing at Reid was a total pleasure. The staff and other players were kind and fun. The course was in great shape and offered some nice challenges. Thanks for a fun 18!

Front nine backed up 8 people deep waiting to tee off

Not a great start to the round when the staff stacked the front nine like Jenga blocks and had to wait 10 minutes to start every hole on the front . Back bone went much better. There was nobody on the back nine. We did have random people practicing chipping on one of the greens while we were trying to putt. Choose was maintained very well. Staff was friendly.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please be advised that we are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Reid

Reid is a very well designed and comfortable course to walk or ride. It offers a variety of hole layouts and contours that challenge the golfer and make it fun. The conditions are excellent for a municipal course.

Inside staff member needs to learn friendliness

Staff member who checked us in didn’t seem to want to be their, and was rude when we checked in. Evidently “Municipal courses don’t require good customer service”.
The course overall was great as was the in course service!

Reid ia awesome

Reid golf course is always in awesome shape. the front is a little easier than the back but can be difficult with the trees. The greens are always at a moderate pace. the staff is very friendly. the grill is tasty. Highly recommend !

Enjoyable day.

Teed off early so we were ahead of the crowds that came to play on a beautiful October day.

Reid Golf Course

Not a really long course, but it has some narrow fairways. We were disappointed there was no one in the bar area to make food, as we had driven into town and figured we would just grab a bite at the course. Only saw a cart girl twice in 18 holes, and only on the final back nine.

Commented on 09/17/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review of staff availability is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Great course for twilight

I love Reid. The Greens are always semi fast, and the course is always in great condition. The staff are always friendly and the twilight rates are unmatched. Great local course that's not too difficult and long, all in all, one of my local favorites!

Great course and price

Got 18 holes with cart for $21. Course was in great shape, pace of play was fine my threesome finished in about 3:45. Everyone was friendly. Course is fairly short with a few drivable par 4s. Greens were smooth and decently fast. $3.50 for 16 oz Miller lites. Had a great time would highly recommend especially at hot deal price.

Weather was great, course was fun, play was really slow (+5 hours for 18)

Commented on 06/03/2019

Hi, philliwr. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. We work hard to create a seamless experience from start to finish so that you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We appreciate your honest and constructive criticism of your recent round with us. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We will escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Reid Golf Course, we hope to see you again soon!

Great Deal

Love the course! I play here a few times a year. Very convenient for where I live. I would rate 5 stars but the guy in the pro shop was very rude to us when we arrived. However, when we got in after our 18 there were two different gentleman behind the counter and they were very polite and pleasant. I was with the mindset I wouldn’t come back before I talked to them. I will reconsider it and hoping I won’t let one bad experience ruin the course for me. This was my only bad experience. Other than that the course was busy and the pace of play was great. Course was in great condition as well!

Great Value

A nice old style course in good condition. A fun course to play.

Very Good Public Golf Course

The staff is always very accommodating and the golf course is in very good shape

Very nice parkland course in the center of town

Reid is a nice-to-very nice golf course perfectly centrally located. On the card it doesn't look long but you'll hit driver on most holes and it has all you want in length, especially a few of the par 4's (5,9,14,15). Fairways have been great the last few years and greens in really good shape also. Greens have some contour so distance control to the right spots is crucial or you'll have some tough reads. Lots of big trees and a few water hazards so straight is definitely better here. Clubhouse serves variety of beers (I am sure they have soda, too) and pizzas/burgers. 3 practice greens and a smallish driving range. Over all very nice course and good value. Great values for twilight and spring/fall.

Good value

It’s a straight course with not much trouble. Helps the fade player more than a draw guy. Course has been in better condition the past couple years. Great value if you go at twilight but can be very slow. Basics golf course food selection. Burgers and brats and apps. Only course that I’ve been at that has no liquor. Kinda stinks

Response from on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to see that you recommend the course, and we appreciate the honest feedback. We will keep working to make necessary improvements to the course, and we would look forward to having you back again sometime soon.

Golfer friendly course.

For a Park District course this is a very well kept maintained Golf Course. The fairways were just wright, the greens could use a little help but as I said for a Park District kept course Very acceptable. Staff was friendly and helpful.

prices are bad

I payed 39 dollars for 18 holes and a cart and that is a TWILIGHT rate, some courses you pay 25.00 for 18 holes for twilight golf. and when i went there the club house attend Brad was extremely rude to me, he came out and said i could not use my pass during the time i was there and i knew that and had brought money to pay.he was rude about the hole thing. NOT BUYING A PASS AGAIN!!!

Appleton, Wisconsin