Slope N/A

Year Built 1997
Architect Harold Spink

Pitching/Chipping Area No

Snacks, Restaurant

Course good; staff doesn't masks

This course is lovely and well kept. They added some precautions for COVID-19 like asking golfers not to remove the flag from the hole and adding noodle to the pole. However, no staff wore masks. So, to protect yourself, wear a mask if connecting with the staff. And, be sure to book online.

Hole in one course

Really enjoyed the course. Got a hole in one on hole 7!

Surprised

Thought this track was going to be ho-hum flat.
Pleasantly surprised what a fun golf course and driving range. Very friendly service manager and a great value. Course is in very good shape with rolling hills, tree lined and challenging par 3’s and 4’s. Par 3’s were long from 130 to over 200 yards. Will be back again.

Great Place

Great course! Very well kept and very friendly golfers and staff. Would highly recommend! Will definitely play again

Fun, relaxing place

It was a good time for the money and great for the average golfer.

Awesome local course

Great staff, close to home. This is one of the best courses around for the convenience and price. We try to get out a couple times a month, when we’re able, to play Fairfield. The course is always clean and kept up. Definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn’t been to a smaller, par 3 course.

Plays Once a year

Safe, Fun place to golf

I felt very safe golfing here. While it was a bit busy, everyone was quite far apart from each other and you don't need to touch anything (flag/holes...) . It felt great to get outside and spend time with my family while golfing the course.

Pleasantly surprised!

With the low cost, I wasn’t sure what to expect but this course was a diamond in the rough. Will be coming back.

Challenge your accuracy

Very fun course for any skill level. You better be accurate or you'll be in trouble quick. 12 holes are perfect quick round. The greens are some of the best in the area, roll very true.

Great Value

Play Fairfield Hills multiple times a year. Always in great condition for a good price. The staff is very friendly, and I appreciate the overall cleanliness of the facility. The driving range is great, plenty of targets to hit at.

Very Simple Course. Good for iron practice. Holes 10-12 will suprisie you

The course itself is very simple and very little challenge. Would recommend for novice players or players like myself who just like to kick around the irons and hone skills. This was my first visit and I was aware it was only a 9 hole course. However the extra 3 holes (10-12) were nice! It was like being at a completely different course. The first 9 are just straight shots to pin locations. But the bonus holes had good doglegs and tight challenging fairways with lots of hazards.
My ONLY complaint was the amount of grass clippings and grass piles all over the course. Both in the fairways and the roughs. They had just mowed that morning and then just left all of the clppings piled up everywhere versus giving it a second cut to clean it up.
As to other comments I've read about the mosquitoes, they are correct!! Lots of them! But if you are an avid golfer like myself you would be smart enough to keep a can of bug spray in your golfbag....

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 10/14/2019

Hi gball22. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for such a detailed and thoughtful review in regards to the specific layout! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement, such as maintenance of grass clippings. Thank you for playing Fairfield Hills Golf Course.

Superb Value

I come to this course often throughout the summer both to play, but also to use the range. There are multiple options in terms of number of holes to play so I have flexibility depending on how much time I have to go play 9 or 12. Also pace of play is never an issue. I don’t feel like I ever get backed up despite the holes not being the longest. For a nice course, one of the quickest to play.

Staff is always friendly on and off the course and they have food and beer for after the round to wind down with. Would definitely recommend to visitors or people in the area especially the range which is as well kept as any in the area and they run different deals throughout the year!

Nice 12 hole

This course is worth every bit of the $20 it costs to walk 12. I had only two things to improve; one controllable one not so much. My first thing was that some of the fairways were longer than some of the roughs I have played on at other local courses (not really a big deal when you consider price.) My other issue was a group of either 5 or 6 slowing down play. Luckily this course is laid out so nice you can work around slow groups and work your way back to the hole they were playing on that you jumped.

Reading past reviews someone had stated that the mosquitoes were bad out there. I did not find this to be true even though it is one of the wettest years I can remember living in Wisconsin.

All in all this is a great value course and I recommend anyone in the area to try it if you aren't pro or looking to spend the price of Dells courses!

Must play in Dells area

This course has improved over the years and this summer was in really good shape. I’ve always liked playing the 9 but the newer three holes add a new dynamic to playing the course. It’s an awesome track especially for the price. I most recently played on a Saturday AM so it was more crowded then when I typically play on weeknights in the summer.

Range has targets and is the best kept in the area if you don’t have time to get through 9

Really Nice Course

We love playing this course. Like the option to play 9 or 12-holes. We play often.

Plays Twice a year

Great for all experience levels!

I'll be honest, I'm a terrible golfer, but I LOVED this course. It was perfect for a new golfer like myself and my boyfriend who is a rather experienced golfer. The course is beautiful and well maintained. Having the option to play 3,9, or 12 was awesome. I particularly enjoyed the driving range. Great space, great location near the dells, super friendly staff. Can't wait to go again soon!

Baraboo, Wisconsin