Fairfield Hills Golf Course

Year Built 1997
Architect Harold Spink

Pitching/Chipping Area No

Very Simple Course. Good for iron practice. Holes 10-12 will suprisie you

The course itself is very simple and very little challenge. Would recommend for novice players or players like myself who just like to kick around the irons and hone skills. This was my first visit and I was aware it was only a 9 hole course. However the extra 3 holes (10-12) were nice! It was like being at a completely different course. The first 9 are just straight shots to pin locations. But the bonus holes had good doglegs and tight challenging fairways with lots of hazards.
My ONLY complaint was the amount of grass clippings and grass piles all over the course. Both in the fairways and the roughs. They had just mowed that morning and then just left all of the clppings piled up everywhere versus giving it a second cut to clean it up.
As to other comments I've read about the mosquitoes, they are correct!! Lots of them! But if you are an avid golfer like myself you would be smart enough to keep a can of bug spray in your golfbag....

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 10/14/2019

Hi gball22. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for such a detailed and thoughtful review in regards to the specific layout! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement, such as maintenance of grass clippings. Thank you for playing Fairfield Hills Golf Course.

Nice 12 hole

This course is worth every bit of the $20 it costs to walk 12. I had only two things to improve; one controllable one not so much. My first thing was that some of the fairways were longer than some of the roughs I have played on at other local courses (not really a big deal when you consider price.) My other issue was a group of either 5 or 6 slowing down play. Luckily this course is laid out so nice you can work around slow groups and work your way back to the hole they were playing on that you jumped.

Reading past reviews someone had stated that the mosquitoes were bad out there. I did not find this to be true even though it is one of the wettest years I can remember living in Wisconsin.

All in all this is a great value course and I recommend anyone in the area to try it if you aren't pro or looking to spend the price of Dells courses!

Mosquito Breeding Ground

This course certainly will speed up your game. Swarms of mosquitoes nip at your ankles, neck, back, and head as soon as you pause. Trust me, there were almost no practice swings. If putts didn't drop in 2, we'd take a 3 and run for a sunnier spot. Didn't make much difference whether you were on a green, a fairway, or your cart. These mosquitoes wanted fresh meat. Other players mercifully gave us "bug wipes" which helped reduce our swatting and hopping as we putted. We will never play this course again. It's pretty but so buggy, we're still scratching! It would make an ideal place to practice your ability to focus!

Response from on 09/17/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Solid Value

Good opportunity to practice your irons. Course is a hybrid of short par fours and various length par threes. Played the original nine hole lay out twice although they have an additional three holes which we didn’t see. The greens were in good shape and putted true. Staff was friendly and the course met expectations based on course description and reviews. Good value!

Buff's review

Great little course for the novice golfer. A short 9 hole layout with some slightly narrow fairways requiring accurate drives.

Major disappointment

Course was rated 4.5 stars. What a joke. Booked 18 holes thru golfnow. Upon arrival found out it was only a short 9 that was played twice. This is a 2 star at best. Would not recommend or play again.

Response from on 10/12/2017:
Hello Robert, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Fairfield Hills Golf Course, in the Milwaukee area. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor customer experience with us and that you were unaware of the course layout. It looks like you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with our staff, so we hope that improved your round. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Great course.

I enjoyed this course so much i wish i lived closer so i could play it more. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. The other players i met there were also friendly and not "stuffy" as some i have met at other courses. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Great place.

Great Family Friendly 9-hole Course

I would recommend this course while you are in the Dells. We enjoyed it so much we decided to make a second tee time for the next day! Enjoy, it's worth it!

Cute well maintained 9 holer

Fairfield Hills is a little gem just outside of Baraboo Wi near the Wisconsin Dells. A par 30 course with a couple long narrow par 3's. A great course for novice golfers and challenging enough for experienced golfers.

Nice little nine hole option near the Dells!

This is a nice little nine hole golf course that will provide a few looks at birdie for the entire foursome. You also won't lose all the balls in your bag on this one.

nice little course

Not a long course but still fun to play. Very high handicap friendly. Great if you just want to get in a quick round. Nice driving range as well.

Great 9 hole course!

Great 9 hole course. Was able to all my clubs and you better be accurate off the tees

Baraboo, Wisconsin