Baraboo Country Club

Located just a short drive from Madison, Baraboo Country Club overlooks the rocky bluffs of Devil's Lake State Park. The golf course has a stunning natural setting that is also indicative of the rich history of Baraboo. The course is routed through carefully protected and preserved Indian burial mounds that are more than 1,000 years old. Draper creek ambles through the golf course, connecting Devil's Lake to the Baraboo River. It comes into play on half of the holes. The par-5 eighth is the course's signature. This tricky hole first requires a drive over water to a generous landing area before doglegging left to another landing area that is tightly lined with trees, water, and Indian mounds. Finally there is a blind shot to a sloping green that not only breaks severely from back to front but is also well protected by bunkers.
Silver (W) 72 5612 yards 74.0 127
Silver 72 5612 yards 67.8 121
Bronze 72 5006 yards 64.7 117
Bronze (W) 72 5006 yards 69.9 118
Copper 72 4029 yards 61.4 99
Copper (W) 72 4029 yards 63.9 108
Scorecard for Baraboo Country Club
Black M: 73.0/129 186 400 463 359 418 388 386 355 387 3342 172 407 458 196 495 407 201 524 342 3202 6544
Gold M: 71.4/127 177 390 455 350 387 376 378 343 376 3232 165 400 450 145 488 396 179 487 332 3042 6274
Silver M: 67.8/120 W: 74.0/126 148 377 426 294 379 323 347 298 341 2933 156 350 374 109 459 314 163 435 319 2679 5612
Bronze M: 64.6/117 W: 69.9/117 141 290 378 287 289 267 328 298 299 2577 131 342 332 109 404 282 145 402 282 2429 5006
Copper M: 61.3/100 W: 63.9/108 124 258 305 242 255 267 265 220 210 2146 125 241 308 80 298 237 85 304 205 1883 4029

Year Built 1962
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Larry Packard (1962) Wadsworth Golf Construction (1962)

Carts Yes - $20

Golf Simulator Yes

BooCC Lover

Very interesting holes with some tricky shots to keep it in play. Medium difficulty with some very easy holes interspersed to make for a scoreable course. Plays much harder than it looks. New layout encourages faster play and is easier with fewer hazards on front nine, more on back nine. Playing from the Golds will challenge most golfers I know.

Good Wisconsin Dells alternative

A little off the beaten path but worth the trip if you're in the Dells area. The course design is a bit unusual with both nines starting with a par 3. Overall a fair layout, but didn't like the par 5 3rd hole. Greens often sloped and a number have swales that will carry the ballot the green. Need to keep approach shots below hole as downhill putts can easily get away from you. Would give it 3 1/2 stars.

Enjoyed total layout great day at the ballyard

First time on course definitely will be back

This golf course is in perfect shape. Just a great course course. The greens roll true and hold well

Great test of all your shots!

If you ever want to have a great money game, bring it here as the challenges never end with a number of risk reward situations to navigate. Once a season is a minimum for this beauty!

Fun course

Good value, friendly staff. Beautiful weather helped but course was fun to play! Had different levels of golfers and using different tees made for fun for all. Will play agin when in the area.

A Challenging course

Played 18 holes. Was a nice course to play with some challenging holes. Nice scenery

Poor course management

We had booked for yesterday ( 9/22/2915) a tee-time for 1.00p.m. and it has been confirmed by mail. When we arrived at 1.25 p.m. we saw, that there was a high school golf tournament going on and when we wanted to check-in the manager told us, that , because of that tournament we could only tee off at 1.30. He said, that he had tried to contact us, but he had not been successful.( We had no missed incoming call in our cell phone….). At 1.30 he told us, we would be paired up with 2 other people, but we could split up after the 9th hole, if we wanted. After 4 holes we ran quickly into the last tournament girl-group, which took as loooooong time to continue up to the 9th hole, where they finally had finished. When we came to the 10th hole we found a flight of three gentlemen in front of us, who told us, that they were allowed to cut in. As they were fast players we agreed and when they played out the hole, another cart came up and told us, that they were allowed to cut in too. We did not accept that, and we continued as a four-some , as the company was very nice. At the hole 15th another single came up to us and asked, if he could play through, as his tee-time had also been delayed for 45 minutes. We agreed, but we regreted that decision, because when he looked for his drive he searched for 10 minutes and finally picked up one of our balls……. We finally finished at 6.30 p.m. !!!!! , which has not only been one of our slowest rounds, but also should have been qualified as a twilight rate , or simply should have been managed much , much more professional. (By the way: the Marshall was never seen during the hole game.) After this experience we will avoid to play at this course again, although it is a nice and well manicured course in a magnificent setting. We will ask to withdraw us from the newsletter distribution list, as we will not come again. We hope, that they will respect that, as their over-frequent publicity breaks again and again our spam filter……..

u000005925273
Commented On 02/03/2016

I quit reading after you admitted to showing up for what you thought was a 1:00pm tee time at 1:25pm and expected them to do anything for you...did I miss something? I am not trying to be rude, just more curious than anything as we have always had amazing service at this course. I am sure their GM would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about this one.

Convenient location

We enjoyed our day and the couple we were paired with. The weather was colder than expected, and pace on second 9 was very slow. Nice clubhouse and restaurant facilities.

well worth the cost to play

pro shop very friendly and helpful. Chance of rain the day we played and the pro offered us a towel in case it rained. Course in great condition, and the new tee boxes prove interesting. Greens are well kept.

Bang 4 the buck

Nice place and great deals in the pro shop. Enjoyed the quietness as well

No better course for the money in the Dells area!

From the greeting in the Golf Shop to the course, to the beverage cart service, to the greens (perfect), to the restaurant staff it was an incredibly enjoyable day. The course is busy though so expect a foursome pace of play if you are a twosome!

baraboo cc

Baraboo Country Club offers challenging golf to players of every skill level, fair pin locations and kept up very well, even with the flooding in early spring. I recommend this course to many people who haven't played it.

Really nice and challenging course

Everything was in pretty good condition. The greens played true and weren't really fast but maintained a good pace. There really wasn't anything I was disappointed with. The electric carts with a little hook on the side for a little cooler was an added perk.

nice course

I have played this course before and I would recommend for others to play it also

Course in VG condition except for tee boxes-they were very rough.

2 some on back nine playing multiple balls poorly without allowing faster players to play through ruined what had otherwise been a great day of golf. Appeared to be father/son combo both taking up golf for the first time with no golf etiquette ever learned.

Pace of play was excellent

Played the course on a Sunday in Sept. of 2012. First few holes were very slow due to a group ahead of us which had backed up 3 groups. The Marshall warned them once, And then REMOVED them from the course! What a concept. The 7th hole is a wonderful par 5. Playing in the fall showcases the beauty of the Baraboo Bluffs. Was well worth the $16 I payed. I would have felt just fine paying $45-50. Well maintained and greens were very good for the time of year.

Good course, great food

Chef is unbelievable. Had Buffet, didn't really care what the bill was. All of it was made from scratch.

Course is always in good condition.

I enjoy playing at Baraboo Country Club. The course offers a good challenge for the average golfer, requiring a variety of different shots.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019