A view of the 8th hole at Blue Course from Mascoutin Golf Club

Mascoutin Golf Club in Berlin offers 27 holes of championship golf. The holes form three different nines, offering three different 18-hole combinations to choose from. When the club first opened in 1976, the Red and White nines formed the original 18-hole golf course. The Blue nine was added in 1999 to offer even more variety. All of the courses were carefully carved from century-old forests. Mature trees frame nearly every hole and line the gently rolling fairways. The White/Blue combination is the shortest layout, but it also features more water hazards than the other two courses. Accuracy is key to doing well but none of the golf courses are too punishing if your shots are slightly errant. They are player friendly but also diverse, making them appealing for players of all skill levels.

Mascoutin Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Larry Packard (1976) Rick Jacobson (1999)

Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Showers, Locker Rooms

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Wisconsin (2017 #24)

Entertaining Clients 9

Old School Challenge

I'm usually not a fan of tight, tree-lined courses, but Mascoutin has a different feel than most courses that look like it. The Red/White nines are the originals and really test a player's ball striking. Not only do you need to keep it between the trees, but approach shots need to be precise in order to leave reasonable birdie looks. The Blue nine is shorter and offers lots of birdie chances with more hazards to penalize a miss. The greens feature numerous slopes, swales, and ridges that make putts of all lengths difficult. I have played the course a lot this year and still find myself completely misreading putts.The course is always kept and great shape and the greens can really get fast if it stays dry. Really fun course that should not get overlooked for those staying in the Green Lake area.

Family golf outing

A beautiful day, nice course, great pace (3 1/2 hrs) for 18 holes. Will be playing again!

Plays Twice a year

Great Course With Great Conditions

I hadn’t played this course in many year. The course is beautiful especially with the fall colors. I loved my round and thought that the holes are laid out very well and each hole is unique. Great job Mascoutin staff!

Mascoutin

Always a fun course to play as each hole presents its own identity and challenge. On this day course was overbooked.

Beautiful Course

We played a fun 18 holes. We played the white/blue tees. You better be straight off the tees or your in trouble. The course has a lot of sand, water and trees to keep you on your toes. Would recommend taking the drive up if you can.

Good time

Played the red course and blue course. Blue course was absolutely amazing. Great design and totally worth the golf trip. Red course was an average Wisconsin 9.

Fun

This course is a very nice challenging course. Staff was extremely nice and they had notes on each cart with notifications on water issues on certain holes. For the price they might of tried having the sand traps manicured better, even though we had rain the night before , since I played at 3:00 pm. Or, better yet I could stay out of them by being a better golfer! Overall I like playing this course once or twice a year when the family is on vacation. I would definitely say play it and make your own opinions. Thanks Golfnow

Most underated course in WI

Mascoutin is Wisconsin's best kept secret and worth every penny paid in green fees. Friendly and knowledgeable staff with an excellent junior program. Greens are perfect and fairways are like carpet. I've played almost all available course in the area and this one has, by far, the best conditions. Makes Lawsonia seem very over-priced.

Iowa Advisor

A Solid Option in the Green Lake Area

Mascoutin GC was a last minute addition to our golf trip to Lawsonia, due to rain at a course we planned to play in the Madison area. The Mascoutin staff was helpful and eager to accomodate our foursome. We ended up playing the Blue 9 twice, more to come on that later. Our entire group enjoyed the Rick Jacobson designed Blue 9, and we found the condition of the course to be really good, in spite of 3 inches of rain the night before.

The Good:
Mascoutin is immaculately maintained. The greens are fast and true, which is pretty incredible considering how much play the course seems to get. The Blue 9 is an interesting and fair layout. If you pick the right club off the tee and execute, you are going to have a chance to score. Our group had 2 eagles, and 5 birdies, but we also had some others when we got out of position.

The Average:
The price we paid on a Friday morning was $78 for 18 holes with carts. For me, that's a higher priced course in the Midwest. I think this course would feel like an incredible value at $50-$60 for 18 with a cart on a Friday. At almost $80, it felt slightly overpriced to me.

The Not So Good:
The Pace of Play was awful. Our round took us 4 and a half hours, and we only played that fast because we were allowed to play the Blue 9 a second time. After a nearly 3 hour first 9, the course staff allowed us to play the Blue again. With only 1 other group on the Blue, we played in 90 minutes. I realize 9 holes were shut down due to too much water on the course, meaning they were fitting 27 holes worth of golfers into 18 holes. However, I don't feel like the course staff did enough to keep the pace moving.

My favorite hole is the par 4 8th. It's a risk reward short par 4 with water down the right side. The hole gives you options off the tee to go for the green or lay up left. Our group made birdie both ways, plus we had an eagle here!

Good experience

First time playing here. Staff was friendly and course was very enjoyable. Was in great shape.

Wonderful Venue

Signed up online at the last minute, staff was very friendly. Fairways and greens were in great conditions. Next time I'm in Wisconsin we will play here again

Mascoutin golf

this course was recommended to me by a starter at another golf course and i finally made it up here. I love everything about the course. It is challenging but fair, long enough that it isn't easy, and super fast greens which i like very much. the course is in excellent shape and the greens run true. you won't be disappointed golfing here

Nice course, great layout.

Played the red 9 and the blue 9.
Red nine is less challenging then the blue. Loved the blue nine more fun with some great views. Greens and fairways were in great condition. A must play when in area.

Anonymous

Great Value

Drove 70 miles to play. Played the White - Blue 9's. Had fun greens were quick on the White. Slower on the Blue.

The pond was almost gone on hole 6 on the White...what happened?
The rough was a little heavy.

The golf was good and the price was right.

Excellent course & value in Kettle Moraine

Great 27 hole layout- multiple tee boxes provide challenging distances. Nice wide fairways, rough not too thick. Large Greens could be a little quicker but overall excellent. Traps should be raked with more sand. Overall course condition is excellent
One of the best values in Wisconsin!
Very nice clubhouse, bar area, patio. Pro shop & locker rooms small

great

very nice course in good shape; price was great, condition was very good- nice experience !!!

I like the layout. Very challenging.

The condition and layout provide provide for a very unique experience. I like the variety of all the holes.

Berlin, Wisconsin