Bass Lake Golf Course boasts some of the finest golf in the Northwoods. Carefully carved from mature forests of oak and pine trees, the course is abundant with native wildlife. The course dates back to 1926 but it underwent a major renovation in 2003 that made certain aspects more challenging, while also making it more playable for a wider range of skill levels. The layout is much like playing two golf courses in one with a front nine that is tightly lined with trees and a hillier back nine that wraps around a large lake. There are also a few small ponds that come into play on the front nine. The rolling terrain guarantees uneven lies as well as the occasional blind shot. Accuracy will also be needed in order to avoid the strategically placed sand traps, mature trees, and thick rough.

Bass Lake Golf Course
Scorecard for Antigo Bass Lake
Black M: 70.1/125 375 409 174 516 398 337 517 178 391 3295 304 398 136 520 315 370 370 200 400 3013 6308
Blue M: 68.3/122 357 389 153 496 380 322 496 161 371 3125 290 345 122 498 298 346 330 181 388 2798 5923
White M: 65.7/117 W: 68.0/118 305 358 135 475 356 281 449 154 334 2847 261 302 114 421 292 331 304 138 353 2516 5363
Red W: 67.4/115 281 316 102 402 294 267 415 108 305 2490 250 286 102 392 215 288 285 123 338 2279 4769

Year Built 1926

Very nice course and staff. Aerating is being done on some greens.

Best course north of highway 29 (Hidden Gem)

For $6 on the golfnow app, this was way more than worth the price plus my hour and 40 minute drive just to get there. The course is absolutely fantastic. The fairways are cut super tight which gives you that great roll. It's like the course is cut right into the middle of a forest. The greens are very well maintained, you can tell they are rolled. I have to mention the sand traps as well because I found myself in them multiple times. It's all sand unlike some places that have stones mixed in, there is none of that all sand. I would like to know how many acres this course sits on because there are so many long holes and there are very few that you have to worry about someone else spraying a bad shot at you. The staff there are all great people 2 out of the 3 shook my hand and talked with me just to be nice not just to move you along and take your money like. I will be coming back, and bringing friends.

Fun Course

Very nice course for Seniors. Well maintained and very challenging. Had a great time. Will play it again this year

One of the nicest courses in NE WIS.

My wife and I both played the course and really enjoyed ourselves. Great course and will definitely play again.

A beautiful couse

The course is challenging. The greens are very fast and require precise iron approaches in order to make for easier putting.

Nice Outing

Bass Lake is a very nice course. For this time of year the greens were in very good shape and overall we had a great day of golf with good bar staff after our round.

Will not honor GolfNow

Lets start out saying that this is a very nice course, I really enjoy playing this course. I golfed it quite a few times over the summer this year. We never ate there, we only ordered a couple drinks from the beverage cart, that was all.

What really bothered me about the last time we were there was this. We had a tee time for 9:07 (roughly) for four of us riding 18 on Friday October 2nd . We showed up around 8:30 and prior to getting there I checked the Golfnow website to see if their were ay specials, just so happened there was. For 18 holes riding it was $35/person +tax. For 9:15 AM. Instead of booking with that, I figured I would ask the pro shop if they would honor the $35/ea price to us so I wouldn’t have to go through the website. She turned us down and said she would honor it “next time”…… next time???? Ok so being so far up north the course is open two/three more weeks….next time…whatever. So when I asked how much it would be it came to $49.11/ea +tax, so roughly $52/ea. That is quite a hike in price from the $35/ea. I didn’t make big stink about it there as I just paid the increase in price. She then told me they had 89 groups coming through today, so she wouldn’t honor that $35 price. Ok, whats that mean? You want to make more money? Then why be on the Golfnow website? On that day we also had a frost delay, so we didn’t end up teeing off until 10:00 or so. She did throw in a free bucket of range balls. I was pretty upset after the fact hence why I didn’t make a big stink about it in the pro shop, but after awhile it got to me so I figure I would write this review to let others know.

Thanks,
Matt

Don't Miss Out on this Gem!

Played Bass Lake (35 minutes from Rhinelander) 3 times the 2nd week of Sept. on annual fall vacation in the north woods. Fantastic course, fabulous condition, Very friendly staff. As a 8-10 handicapper, the Blue tees were challenging (I was not up to the Black tees, which would have made it a very difficult test). Don't recommend the white tees unless a 18 handicapper or worse). 6 days after the greens were aerated, they were in great shape. Beautiful hilly course without any gimmicks or impossible shots (but some great views and very demanding shots).

Will not play any other courses in the area as long as I am in this part of the state.

Bass Lake

We(foursome) played this course on a day when the weather was perfect. The course was also perfect, excellent greens, very good fairways. Extremely beautiful course. We had a great time. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The greens are well groomed and manicured plus run true.

This course has everything.

This course is a work of art painted on the beautiful canvas of the Northwoods landscape. The course has every feature to test a golfer: water hazards, tree-lined fairways, well-placed bunkers, changes in elevation/slopes, etc. If you haven't played this course yet, I assure you that you will be pleasantly surprised to discover the many facets that this golfing "gem" has to offer.

The course is in great condition. Greens fast and true. The course is fun to play and offers plenty of challenge on a scenic layout. Great value. Relaxed atmosphere and a warm friendly vibe. I like to make the trip from Minneapolis a couple times a year. Never disappoints. Great to play for a group with a range of handicaps. It will challenge the scratch players and allow the less gifted to bogey their way around.

True Gem of a Course

First off you will be using every club in your bag. I have been playing this course every spring, summer and fall for over 30 years and I am always amazed on how great of shape the course is in especially the Greens which are fast and they roll true. Good times are had both on and off the course as Jim Pukall and his staff go out of their way to make you feel at home. You get great rates for the rounds you play with cart or walking. For more info visit the website www.basslakecc.com. Also Jim has information for upcoming tournament events each month which are a hoot to play in.

Poor weather

Hidden gem in the Northwoods of Wisconsin

Didn't get to play this absolute gem of a course due to weather, wet conditions. We will go and play another time as we have played before. Worth the time and cost, a great course and fun, too. How do I get my online sign up fee refunded? We got rained out but you still charged me.

Best Kept Secret in Northern Wisconsin

I have been playing this course for over 30 years. It may be the greatest course to play with your buddies with a few dollars on the line. Plan to stay the weekend and play 36 a day. Talk to my buddy "Pooks" who manages the course and he'll set you up with a place to stay that won't be more than 5 minutes from the first tee. I usually walk when I golf, but this is a riding course (not required, but you will really be glad you did, especially on that second 18). Pace is play is always good. Stay and eat, the food is great and the staff is super friendly. I will upload a pic or two after my next trip there this Summer. It's reachable from Minneapolis, Green Bay, Milwaukee or Chicago. You will have a great weekend I promise.

Great course, Great Staff

Green were incredible. Super nice staff. Challenging but short course. Very scenic. Make sure you check this one out if you are in the area.

Bass Lake

Course in fair shape due to rough winter but overall good. Could have used a course marshall as we had to wait for foursome ahead of us 2.

Bass lake

The course is not overly long, but is quite challenging. It was in great shape and has a lot of variety. It is a course that really requires all kinds of shots and should appeal to golfers at all levels.

Course in excellant shape

Greens, Fairways were beautiful, especially for this late in season up here.

Lovely, shorter course in great shape.

Bass Lake is a well-groomed slightly shorter course in very good condition. The greens are somewhat fast and in almostn perfect shape. There are numerous dog-legs and some water hazards.
Fun to play for the average an d senior golfer. Highly recommended.

Pickerel, Wisconsin
Antigo, Wisconsin
Gleason, Wisconsin
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Wausau, Wisconsin

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package