White/Blue at Coachman's Golf Resort, The

Dress code: Slacks or shorts are acceptable. Shirts must be worn at all times. Shoes are required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

White 71 5303 yards N/A N/A

Coachman's Golf Club is home to three championship nines, providing golfers with three different 18-hole combinations to choose from. The club is just southeast of Madison but it feels much farther thanks to the surrounding acres of wooded hills. The nines: the Red, White, and Blue, boast a scenic landscape covered with mature oaks and willow trees. Although they are a good test, the golf courses were designed to appeal to players of all skill levels from high handicappers to scratch golfers. The White/Blue combination combines the two longest nines. Although the Blue Course was added 20 years after the White nine was built, it is an excellent complement to the older course. In addition to the trees that line the fairways and frame the greens, there are also tricky water hazards coming into play that will keep even the most experienced players on their toes.

sikawis11's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2018

cmelms's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2018

Mike7846587's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

"Fun place to play, small greens made this short course tricky"

skidogmsn's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017

Gave her played here in years and decided to put a 4 some together for a little golf now soecial, we really enjoyed ourselves and ended up staying for fish fruit, the almond encrusted Walleye was incredible!

Thanks for a fun afternoon coachmans!

Commented on 07/31/2017

Hi skidogmsn. Thank you for the kind review! Glad you enjoyed yourself out on the course. We hope you'll be back to play again soon!

"Old-Style Muni"

u000003199930's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2017

I haven't played a course like this in a long time. It's an old-style muni with very wide fairways, short holes, huge greens and straightforward layout. At first, the course seemed a little plain and uncreative, especially on the front (red) nine. But the more I played, the more it reminded me of courses from my youth in the hills of Pennsylvania. And the back (white) nine which turns toward some lovely woodlands and the Wisconsin countryside is both picturesque and quiet. Here, you won't find fairways lined with townhomes and subdivisions, something I forever find in the Chicago area. Instead, there are rolling hills, the sounds of nature, and some much more interesting holes. In the end, I had fun. Don't come looking for a Pete Dye design. But if you stick a few wedges, you can make some birdies and have a pleasant day on the course.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

Commented on 07/31/2017

Hi u000003199930. Thank you for your review and feedback.Glad you had fun with us.Also, thanks for sharing your pictures with us! Hope to see you back out again soon!

"Maintenance crew"

DAN6846657's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Course was if fine shape and the starter and staff were very friendly and helpful. If I had any draw backs of this course it would be the maintenance crew. They did their job very well but were, shall we say not very courteous. We had mowers, sprayers, or some sort of maintenance machine on 6 of the first 9 holes and were always waiting for them to finish their job and move on. They would not stop and let you play even if they were mowing the fairway you were on. You would wait on the "T" box or in the fairway for them to finish. Other than that I would recommend this course to anyone. But considering the "HOT DEAL'" I got (18w/cart) for $13, I guess I can't complain at all.

Commented on 07/12/2017

Hi DAN6846657. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate all the feedback! We hope to see you back out here on the course again soon!

"Great course for the price"

u392402098's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2017

Great course for the hot deal price but overpriced without a discount or coupon code.

Commented on 06/08/2017

Hi u392402098. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to leave us a review. We always appreciate the feedback. Come out and play with us again soon!

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017
Used cart Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Starter served no use. Sent out singles, foursomes, groups of 6, pairs, and parents teaching their kids to play in no particular order. Not to mention there was women's league playing the whites. However, course was in good shape.

Commented on 06/08/2017

Hi u983531545. We are sorry that your time out on the course did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate the feedback, and will be sure to keep this in mind. We hope that you give us another chance in the future.

"Great value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017

Always a great time. At times the pace can be a slow, especially when you have groups of 6 people playing together.

Commented on 05/30/2017

Hi u8571267. Thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to leave us a review! We appreciate the feedback. We hope to see you back out on the course soon!

"Leaves"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Nice layout but if you are going to stay open and take money for play you should still keep course up. It looked like the last time the holes were cut was a week ago and at least blow the leaves off the fairway. One hole was 100 yards of leaves all the way across the hole and we both lost ball right in the middle if the fairway. Besides that was nice to be playing in November

Commented on 11/14/2016

Thanks for taking the time to review and rate us, we appreciate it! We're sorry about the issue with fallen leaves but we're glad you enjoyed your round with us. We're closing for the season on the 17th, but we'd love to see you out on the course again beforehand!

"excelellnt November golf"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/07/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

great day to play golf in Wisconsin course in great shape for November

Commented on 11/09/2016

Thanks for joining us on the course! We do our best to the keep the course playable for as long as we can -- it's good to know that it shows!

"Decent Course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2016

The course isn't the most challenging. Many short Par 4 & 5 holes. The pace of play was slow. The course was in good shape and the greens ran smooth. A good course for high handicaps and beginner golfers. I would likely play again.

Commented on 08/08/2016

Thanks for your review! We're sorry that the pace of play wasn't up to spec, but we hope that will change your next time on the course. We're glad you came out and we can't wait to see you again!

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/02/2016

First time here and I was impressed. Very nice and I will definitely be back. Very friendly staff and very pleasant and helpful

Commented on 08/03/2016

We really appreciate your review! We pride ourselves on great service, a great course, and our players' enjoyment. Let us know if we can improve your golfing experience and we hope to see you on the course again soon!

"Nice layout"

u045201841's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2016

I was very bummed last yer, 2015, when coach mans wasn't on Golf Now. Very happy it returned and enjoyed playing here again. It was in great shape!

Commented on 07/28/2016

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you enjoyed the condition of the course -- always great to hear that. Don't forget: you can book tee times straight through our site, and you can get information about events and specials there, too. Hope to see you again soon!

"course needed some tending"

DwightOtt's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Course needed to be mowed. Fairways were long and roughs were very long.Slowed pace of play while people looked for their balls. Also lots of twosomes and a group of 5 golfers out messed up pace of play along with antsy golfers who kept hitting into us.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Coachmans"

cmelms's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/11/2014

Excellent value for this great course. Never have a problem with getting a tee time and n this 27 hole course.

"Never Again!!!"

Jonathan2006981's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2014

We got to the fourth hole and we were shocked to see 5 (five) carts in the fifth fairway. There were eight people on one hole. Directly in front of us was a dad with two younger kids. No big deal, but the eightsome? We jumped to six only to see the eightsome had jumped to seven. They were very loud and obnoxious. Not to mention SLOW. Never again!

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Worth playing"

Kidneyboy2000's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

My son and I played Coachmen''"s on a Wednesday late morning. We played the blue tees which measured at about 6200 yards. The condition of the greens was very good and they rolled true. The rest of the course was in Average /good shape with a variety of challenges. The pace of play was excellent. The pins were in some nasty positions. All in all it was a good experience especially with a cheap price from Golfnow.

"Something's wrong"

RobertoBernini's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2014

Coachman's Golf Resort is a beautiful place to shoot golf, however it is a terrible place to play golf on weekends....how can that be?<br/> Well, for the 4th straight time now, we have encountered groups of 6 and even 8 at times, out there hootin & hollerin, dragging their spikes across the greens, spitting out red gooey candy or gum, or something...the biggest problem is that when a two some (my wife & I ) get stuck behind one of these groups, we pretty much lose heart & leave. I complained to the starter, and he said "that's the way it is out here on weekends"...Golf is supposed to be a gentleman's game, but weekends at Coachman's, it's more like a drunken free for all...

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"flatlanders heaven"

badgergolfnut's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2014

Coachman's can be an enjoyable couse if you avoid their primary clientelle, which is the many Illinois residents who stay at the inexpensive motel on the property. Weekends can get pretty busy, and you can easily be in for an unacceptably slow round during the popular times (Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, Sunday mornings). If you avoid those times and get a discount, the course can be fun. The red nine (old front) is the shortest of the 3 and they really need to recalibrate their tees so that the average golfer can play 18 from whites at 5900-6100 yards. Besides feeling like the white tees are too short, the tees themselves are ridiculously small and crowned in the middle, I have never played another course in my life where you can't get a flat lie on your tee shot. The layout has some interesting holes particulary on the white (back) nine. The greens have always been the best aspect of this course, they are pretty consistent and roll true. The staff is friendly, they usually have a starter although they don't cope well with being busy. My previous visit, we had a noon tee time on a Friday and found that there were no carts available! And once we managed to get two it was a free for all getting off on any of the nines. All I get from that is that the management is too cheap to make sure they have enough carts to handle the demand.

If you can play an off day and get a discount, this course can be a fun place for a round, particularly if you don't have to drive far to get there.

Quality of food & beverage: Average