Mt. Hood Oregon Resort

Year Built 1981
Architect John Harbottle III (2008)

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Traditional and 'proper' attire required for the golf course and all practice areas.

Restaurant

Playing Multiple Courses 21

Got a deal to play 27 w/cart!

Was able to play all 3 nines w/cart with a coupon deal. This is a typical PNW style course lined with trees and narrow fairways. Thistle and Pinecone was fun to play while Foxglove was very challenging to me. The Foxglove course was rolling after my ball would land and if you missed the fairways your ball will likely roll out of bounds. Same course could use a little more attention out of the other two, all because the fairways and rough on some holes blended together. Would definitely come back to play.

Always great playing at The Resort

We’ve had a lot of rain this past week so the course was pretty damp. Still playable The course is gorgeous and always fun whichever nines you play.

Foxglove unplayable

They have a lot of nerve scheduling players on foxglove after several days of rain. Its unplayable. The fairways are wet, the second cut has not been mowed/muddy. Any tee shot 5 orc10 feet off the fairway will more than likely be a completely plugged or lost ball

Beautiful course

Played the “Thistle” and “Pinecone” although i wish i would’ve got to play “Foxglove” as i’ve heard that’s the signature 9. Course was in great shape and the greens rolled true and were fairly firm but still had good feel. only gripe would be the staff. I played with my girlfriend and as soon as we walked in the shop and they saw her it was like they didn’t take us seriously. i requested you play foxglove and pinecone and then walked away to look at some merchandise and heard him send another group out on foxglove because they “were pretty open.” about 2 minutes later i walked back up with what i wanted and to pay the cart fee and was told we’d be on thistle and pinecone. when we got to the tee, the starter looked at me and my girlfriend and before saying anything to us he said to “make sure we kept up with pace of play.” felt like because i was young and with a girl we were looked down on. otherwise beautiful facilities, friendly restaurant staff and fun course.

Hidden Gem On The Mountain

What an AMAZING DAY!! My brother and I play golf somewhere every week but after today, I may have just found my new course! I wish I could explain what we saw and played today, The Staff went WAY out of their way to make sure our day was perfect. Truly a hidden GEM in the forest. Part of me doesn't want anymore people to know about these courses but it's just not fair to the rest of the world not to share this truly amazingly set of fun courses. How anyone gives less than 5 stars is beyond me!

Shotmaker course

Great time playing all 3 nines! Got to the course at 4pm and finished 27 holes at 8:30pm! Course marshall Ryan and the entire staff at Resort at the Mountain are very humble genuine good people! It was a real pleasure meeting you guys and being so hospitable with me at the course! Great design with tee boxes tucked back in forest outcroppings that require percise tee shots through narrow gaps, narrow undulated fairways, and medium sized greens. Definitely a tight shotmakers course that needs precision off the tee! Highly recommended

great fun

We play The Resort once or twice every year. This year the course was in very good shape. The greens were a tad slow but still rolled true. The best putting surfaces I've played on this year. Started on Thistle and it was great. Finished on Foxglove and it was much more crowded. We joined up with the twosome in front of us and played it as a foursome. The other guys played from the blues, we played the whites. Don't mean to be critical but if you play from the blues and you can't hit your drive past the whites, you shouldn't be playing from the blues...

This is NOT a resort course.

I do not think they advertise as a resort course, but the Resort at the Mountain enjoys reciprocity with this course, so naturally I thought there would be more to it, especially for that price. We played on a Sunday, and it seemed like they had not mowed anything for 3 days or more. The greens were very slow. The fairways were almost too bumpy to ride the cart down. If you get off the fairways, the grass was like if you hadn't mowed your lawn in 2 weeks. The tee boxes were in awful shape...sometimes tough to find a spot where grass would not come between my club and the ball. They didn't even seed the divots. The sand was thick and heavy. On one of the nines, there were flags and huge holes for soccer balls on every hole! There are no muni courses in Spokane in nearly this bad of shape. Even the food at the turn (roast beef wrap) was incredibly bad. Locals even said they have let the place go. We would never return to play golf, but the resort was great. I rarely leave reviews, but I wish my wife and I would have known better before we took an anniversary golf trip. Jeez, for nearly the same price, the Salishan course was ten times better...what you might really expect for the money and a stay-and-play package at a resort. The owners need to get their act together.

No Accountability!

This review is in regards to the Golf Course, and specifically the management and customer service for the golf course. The resort at the mountain has 3 9 hole courses with the foxglove course considered the "signature" 9 hole course. The pinecone course is generally considered the 2nd most favorable course with the Thistle course considered the lowermost of the three courses. It was pretty disappointing to schedule a tee time for the pinecone/foxglove courses only to find out 25% of the way through the foxglove course that a shotgun tournament had been scheduled and that I would have to leave. As I explained to the course ranger who was organizing the tournament I had booked that specific combination of courses and there must be be a mistake. Although I had a written confirmation of my tee time indicating I had booked the pinecone/foxglove courses the ranger had no Idea how to help. I returned to the pro shop as the players of the tournament added additional unpleasantness as they wanted me out of their immediate way. Upon arrival into the pro shop I provided the emailed tee time confirmation reflecting that I had indeed booked the pinecone/foxglove courses. The prop shop attendant, Bryce, could only say that there was some sort of mistake with no other relief. When I asked for a refund, as I was not able to play the courses that I had agreed to pay for, Bryce presented a credit for a future 9 holes. A credit is something that is typically given when acts of mother nature (IE bad weather) prohibit someone from finishing the round of golf. A credit is not something that should even be considered when the course has facilitated the mistake. I stated that I had driven nearly 1.5 hours from Portland and would not have done so without being able to play the signature pinecone course. Bryces' failure to do anything to make up for there error was infuriating. Having worked in the hospitality business its a pretty easy avenue to provide a free round of golf and/or a free meal at the resort restaurant when the business is in the wrong in order to make amends with the customer. Unfortunately, at least Bryce does not understand that nuance of proper customer service. As Bryce refused to refund my less than round of golf I have since had to open a dispute with my credit card company in hopes of some financial reprieve. Mistakes happen and nobody expects perfection but how you treat your customers after making mistakes is an integral part of any business and one that the Resort at the Mountain surely should take heed of.

Response from on 09/05/2017:
Hello Shane, thank you for reviewing our course, The Resort at the Mountain, in the Oregon area. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with both our staff and the course. We have notified our staff, and we would like to invite you back to our course to secure a tee time. Please reach out to the pro shop and ask for Bryce. Thank you for the feedback, and we hope to see you soon.

Green recently plugged/terrible conditions

The greens were in terrible shape following recent plugging. Plug holes not filled with sand made putting worthless.
Very disappointed that this was not noted during booking process, as made for a long frustrating day.

Response from on 06/12/2017:
Hi Greg, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and the three star rating. We regret to hear the course conditions were not to your liking. We will note the issues mentioned to our team in order to prevent this type of problem in the future. We will also make sure to advertise our course maintenance better to our golfers in order to clear any confusion that may arise. We hope to have you back again soon here at The Resort at the Mountain in Welches for an even better round. Thank you for your feedback and have a great day!

Not well maintained. We talked to some of the regulars and they say they've really let the course go down hill.

Response from on 06/07/2017:
Hello Kurt, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry to hear about your subpar experience at our golf course. We’re normally known for our exceptional attention to detail, and we regret that we missed the mark. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to earn your business again.

No course maintenance!

This course has great potential but needs a lot of TLC. It appears like they are short of funds because it was in terrible shape! We won't be going back.

Response from on 05/30/2017:
Hello Sharon, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and pace of play. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.
Commented on 05/31/2017

Hello Sharon, the previous response was not from The Resort. But we are, and we do apologize about our golf course during your most recent round. Our winter was tough, and it is still showing. We had over 9 feet of rain from Oct. '16 - April '17. This put us behind on the preparation of the course for the spring. We hope you come back, it has been a very unusual year but we are working around the clock to get it ready for your next visit.

Not Ready for Prime Time

I love playing at The Resort but it was a difficult winter and that's set back course maintenance. We had hoped the course would be ready for a holiday weekend but it wasn't. Foxglove wasn't even open yet. Plus the greens had just been plugged and sanded which was awful because The Resort's green are usually some of the best I play on. Several of the traps looked like they hadn't been touched since the last fall. The rough was U.S. Open length. Expect to get back there probably in the fall and I'm sure the course will be back to the pristine conditions I'm used to experiencing.

Early play.

Course still needs a couple of weeks to dry out. Standing water, very soft conditions off of fairways.
Cart path only for carts so made for a lot of walking. Lost two balls that just disappeared in soft ground.
On the good side, if you kept your ball in short fairway grass it played nicely. Greens were slow but in very good condition for this time of year.

Response from on 05/24/2017:
Hi Kenneth, thank you for taking the time to review your experience and rating our course. We regret to hear the course conditions were not enjoyable during your round. We are currently monitoring conditions and making improvements where needed .We are happy to hear you enjoyed the greens conditions, pace of play, and value of your round! We thank you for stopping by The Resort at the Mountain and we hope to see you back soon when conditions have dried out for a much better round. Have a great day!

Wear your rubber boots!

It's almost unfair to rate this course in it's present state. The ground is over saturated keeping the carts on cart paths only making for a lot of walking. Had we known the conditions we would never have booked a round. Both had mud encased shoes, legs covered with grass clippings and my waterproof shoes failed the test. It's so wet they haven't been able to cut the rough which is 6-8 inches deep. Staying in the fairway was a must.

Response from on 05/05/2017:
Hello Phil, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course, we appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and pace of play. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Great variety for a little course

Best to play this course in the dryer season. . A lot of plug balls and sloppy fairways. The layout was great can't wait to go back this summer. The clubhouse and deli look amazing but we didn't have time to enjoy them.

Love this place!

Course was in remarkable condition considering all the rain we have had of late. Got lucky and had 2 warm sunny days before I played so the course had a chance to dry out. Greens were much faster than you would expect and in great shape. I always love coming up to play this course.

The course was stillvery wet, so we could not ride to our balls.

I want to play it again when it is not so wet. Liked the layout, but would like to see it again when it is dry.

Very nice experience

Wonderful day, great playing partner and a very nice course.

Estacada, Oregon