Peninsula State Park Golf Course

Year Built 1917
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Larry Packard Bob Lohmann (2013)

Carts Yes - $20

Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard or Visa only
Dress code Collared shirt required

Restaurant

Nice Course

I made the reservation with Golf Now and they charged me too much. The course had a twilight and was half the price. Because a storm came in we had to quit after 11 holes. Bummer times two.

Beware ladies

I was really looking forward to playing this course, but unfortunately one rude and condescending employee ruined the experience. I was playing with my husband and two other gentlemen. As I was standing on the fourth tee box, a ranger pulled up and asked the guys ‘’Does she know that she can hit from the reds?’ My husband replied we are all hitting from the whites. We were then told that they can track the carts, and we were running 4-5 minutes behind. Actually after the third hole one of the guys had to use the bathroom which took a few minutes, but apparently they can’t track that. I certainly hope this course’s staff rethinks how they address players and their pace. It is so unprofessional and unacceptable to target the female in the group as the source of the problem. For the record, our group finished in under four hours.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make the necessary improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Peninsula State Park Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Idyllic!!!

The course is great, somewhat challenging, and fun to play; but the real joy of this course is it's idyllic setting! If you had to dream up a course and where to put it, I would dream up this course and put it right where it is on the escarpment over Green Bay in Door County. A must play course for anyone!!!

Way too slow

Need course marshal out there to keep things moving. Had too many way too slow golfers just standing around in front of us looking at each other’s balls instead of playing. Quit after 9 holes. Not acceptable.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and use your comments as guidance in doing so. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our team in the pro shop. Thank you for playing Peninsula State Park Golf Course. We hope to hear from you soon.

A walk in the park.

Within the boundaries of Peninsula State Park you will find a beautiful golf course. The views on the back nine are spectacular.

Course Starter Unpleasant

The course starter guy I encountered was acting like I was trying was trying to pull some scam even though I had a printed out receipt from GolfNow. The guy was rude and couldn’t seem to handle checking the computer and then asked me if I was OK while I’m waiting like it was my problem that he was confused. Course was OK but there were a bunch of foursomes who don’t know the concept of “ready golf”, turning a 3 -1/2 hour round into a 5 hour round.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Peninsula State Park Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. We see that you rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Peninsula State Park Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

excellent course: great shape: beautiful back nine

Cranky staff unfortunately ruined the day. Way too many people on the course. Two walk ons were allowed to t-off before our group right at our t-time, causing our t-time to be delayed. Other golfers were in the parking lot complaining about being asked to leave the course for their pace of play. Seems like the staff were the main reason the course was playing too slow, but they decided to keep letting people walk on, not well managed. As you know, taking 2 hours to play 6 holes can ruin any day of golf. And . . . not the first time this has happened to me at this course. Could be a fun place to play if better managed.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Peninsula State Park Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Always Great to Play Peninsula

Annual vacation in Door County leads to our annual round at Peninsula. Beautiful conditions tee to green as always. Greenskeeper kept the greens a little slower than usual; we assume because of the extended hot weather. Clubhouse closed due to COVID, but they took credit card payment on our arrival. We had a great day, I even played better than usual!

Lifetime review

I have played this golf course since age 7. That's 60 years and seen wonderful changes made. The golf course was in excellent shape this year as it usually is. Wonderful challenging layout, great people and a wonderful experience playing with new family members again this year. Still managed a 74, about average for me. Favorite memory would be my hole in one on 17 at age 16 with a 5 iron. Even with the Covid 19 situation all went very well again this year. Hoping to play again next season.

57 th time to Door County for Vacation.

Favorite place to play in the County. Scored my first ever hole in one on #17 at age 16 and shot 74 this year. Best round was 67 years ago, but still cannot imagine a golf vacation in Door County without playing it. Always in great shape and doesn't disappoint. Everyone that enjoys the game should have the opportunity to play here.
Wonderful experience again this year.

Good bang for your buck

Beautiful day on a beautiful course. Fun layout! Pace of play was awesome.

Twilight Golf

I had played here once about 4 years ago so I was really excited to see if what I remembered about the course would still hold true. It did, and then some. I was blown away after seeing this course again. This was an absolutely perfect day for golf and we received the twilight rate when teeing off at 3:30, which in June means you have about 5 1/2 hours of daylight to play as much golf as you want.

The carts having GPS was something that I either forgot about or had been added since my first trip and for $40 in total isn't something I normally find in a round of golf for under $100 in our normal area. There were no marshals out but even on a Friday afternoon the pace was always moving really well.

Apart from a few walks, 1-2, 8-9, and 10-11 the tee boxes are all really close to the greens which make walking easy in that respect. There are a few large hills though so I'm not sure just how easy it would be to walk. We were on vacation to the state park and had enough biking and hiking for the day, cruising around as the sun was setting was a perfect way to end the day. We went out in a threesome while my wife rode with at no additional charge which always helps the enjoyability. She came for the views of the lakes and was not disappointed.

The moguls and greenside bunkers provide decent defense for the course as it's on the shorter side. I couldn't stop talking about and pointing out the moguls and how well the fit the course to the rest of the group. The greens as well had some really interesting undulations in them making it a perfect course to be replayed over and over.

The course itself seemed to be a great shape from the tees all the way through the greens. I figured being in Door County it must get a fair amount of tourist play and even at the end of a Friday afternoon everything was still pristine. The course is very playable without making everyone look for balls all day, our searches were minimal and quick all day long.

The holes are quite interesting from the drivable 7th, to the 60yd 8th. My favorite holes include large elevation changes like the 10th and 11th, and 17th. Overall this is a course I would highly recommend to visitors and locals alike. I could see myself playing this course on a regular basis and never getting bored of it.

Commented on 08/18/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 08/18/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Peninsula State Park Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Sister Bay, Wisconsin