A view of a green at Blackstone Creek Golf Club

Golf Season April - November
Architect Lloyd Robinson

Clubs No

Place to Hang

This course and the people working at the course are really fun. Don’t come here if you are looking for prestigious golf course. Come here for challenging golf and a great time with your friends!

Good Course

This is our go to course or 4 sum lives in Sheboygan, Oak Creek , Waukesha and Milwaukee so this course is somewhat in the middle. The pace of play seams to be good after you get through the first hole. Some fairways need fill because of the pot holes easy fix. Greens roll nice and are in good shape. Geese come into play and as the year went by they seamed to go down in numbers, next year maybe all gone. They are a bother.

Challenging track in need of some TLC

Course layout is challenging: lots of doglegs,, mature trees, and water. Fairways were very dry and patchy. We haven't had much rain in WI in the last couple weeks so that's part of it, but greenside and fairway rough were fairly lush and thick. Greens were in very good shape by comparison. Fairly quick but also soft.. Pace of play got a bit stacked up. Don't think they're spacing out tee times too much for Covid. Overall it's ok value for the money, but there are nicer courses in the area for similar green fees..

Commented on 08/24/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Blackstone Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

The 3rd Fiddle

This course seems as if it's the third fiddle in the stable of the ownership group. Conditions wise I would say it ranks 3 of 3 and value wise I think it's also 3 of 3. I had heard stories a few years back that it's a course you can skip when looking for new courses to play. I waited awhile for that reason but finally decided I could try it out this past weekend. Let me say overall the course was playable and the conditions alone are not why I wouldn't recommend this course. It's a combination of the conditions, price, difficultly of holes, dead trees, and water hazards.

The course features some really good holes: 2, 4, 10, and 18 come to mind. All are really good risk reward holes off the tee in determining just how aggressively you want to play. Most of these holes feature some sort of water hazard and you must decide how much to bite off. The course also has a very difficult stretch of 5-7 that the average to below average golfer can really get beat up on. The tee shots can be really demanding if you cannot control your ball and doesn't allow for any sort of miss.

The greens felt and rolled fine by everything I could see, no issues with them. The conditions of the greens were better than fairways and tee boxes and if one has to be head and shoulders above the others, I would prefer it be the greens. The pace of play was decent, a few waits but everyone seemed to be moving as best they could. The beverage service was on point with 2 carts and the turn we never had to wait or stock up for fear of running out. The food after the round was perfectly fine, nothing fancy but hit the spot and the service was again really good.

Overall a fine course to play if understanding the conditioning won't be that of similar courses in the area and lesser than Scenic View and Fire Ridge (same ownership). But the value you get on a weekend for $50 can be matched and exceeded at surrounding courses.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please be advised that we are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

course is in great shape!! Greens were 2nd to none! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back.

Commented on 07/08/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Poor Conditions Are an Understatement

The course is in abysmal condition from what seems like neglect. Goose poop and dead grass all over tee boxes and fairways. Burned out greens. In the time of Covid I got a cart (allegedly sanitized) that still had garbage in it. I could have played Brown Deer (with cart) for the same price for a championship course that is well maintained. From speaking to folks on the course, both that we were paired with and who we waited with at tees, the course is known for being in poor condition versus the three other courses owned by the same group. It was just extremely disappointing how bad the course was condition wise.

Poorly Maintained Golf Course

This course is so poorly maintained. Goose poop and dead grass all over the fairway. Green were burned out from over fertilizing. Pace of play was very slow. I heard from others on the course that Blackstone is known for being in poor shape. Had I known it was this bad, I wouldn't have paid $49 a person (with cart) for 18 holes. I could have paid that at Brown Deer Park for a championship course in great condition. Carts obviously had not been cleaned from previous user (during Covid no loess) as the garbage was still in the cart. I had to wipe it out myself with sanitizer.

Commented on 07/10/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your recent visit. Your feedback about the conditions of the course are very important to us. Please know that we are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Blackstone Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Blackstone Creek Golf Club.

Only place on GolfNow where you have to pay extra for a cart

Not worth going to. They wanted $25 extra for a cart after paying $25 online, only place I've gone to this year where the cart wasn't included. $50 during the week is outrageous for this course. Im surprised the owners are hard up for money considering they own Fire Ridge and Scenic View also. I could go play 5 star resorts for that price on GolfNow. I will never go again. Heads-up you have to walk roughly 500 yards uphill after your round to get to the parking lot.

Commented on 06/18/2020

Hi Justin, thank you for taking the time to review Blackstone Creek Golf Club after your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for the miscommunication regarding the cart fee after booking your round online with us. Please know that we're doing our best to communicate prior to booking your tee time but apologize if we missed the mark. Feel free to reach out to GolfNow's customer support at 1 (800) 767-3574 for further resolution in this matter.

Commented on 06/17/2020

This is posted on every booking prior to paying for the tee time
Tee Time Description:
Rate includes greens fee only. The fee will be $25 per cart for 18 holes and $12 per cart for 9 holes, fees can be split if there are 2 riders. Carts available on a first come first serve basis. Payment for the cart will be made at the outside pay station.

The only problem was when we got to the course, there was an extra cjharge of $ 25.00 for the use of a golf cart.
This was not expected. If I had known this, I would not
have booked it. Nothing that I had seen stated it before booking

Commented on 06/17/2020

Lastempel, please contact me direct at the course if you were overcharged at check in .
Thank you for playing Blackstone, Troy.

Commented on 06/17/2020

When booking a tee time online this is posted on each one. Tee Time Description:

Commented on 05/27/2020

Way over-priced for course condition!

My issue was not with the course layout, which was uninspired at best, but with the course condition itself (tee boxes, fairways, traps, greens), including paths, bridges, and other logistical complements. At a regular weekend price close to $60 for 18 holes and a cart, Blackstone Creek is simply not worth the money.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is very important to us. Please know that we are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Blackstone Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Refund requested

I was unable to play because they were not allowing carts due to wet grounds. The reservation said "cart included" I am unable to walk due to leg problems.
I would like a refund.

My reservation was 332052781 and I was charged $25.84

Commented on 05/04/2020

Hello, we appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback about the missing booking icons is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are informed about significant changes in course conditions before booking. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements and continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Blackstone Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Could be better.

This course has the potential to be much better than it is. It just doesn't seem to be very well maintained. The cut and speed of the greens is a actually very good, they were all covered with debris. I wish I had brought a leaf blower along. Some standing water and wetness was understandable due to the amount of rain over the past week. The pace could have been better if they sent out foursomes the way they were booked. It was very disorganized and seemed like nobody new what was going on. The starter was indifferent if you went out with your tee time peeps or as two's. Take charge and manage the flow. This caused logjams all over the course. I play here once or twice a year and afterwards I always realize why I don't play there more. I play 80-100 rounds per year and Blackstone Creek is towards the bottom end. The layout of the course is okay, the 18th hole is a little different and is the only hole that doesn't come up my Garmin Approach G10. The only hole in southeastern WI that doesn't in my experience. It's not the worst but it could easily be managed better. If you see this on golfnow for $25.00 or less with a cart it's worth trying as a change of pace and that's about it. (Played 5-3-2020) it was a nice day and I'm happy to get out with all the pandemic stuff going on regardless.

Commented on 05/08/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Please know that we are currently doing everything in our power to recover the tee boxes, fairways, greens, and sand traps as the current course conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Blackstone Creek Golf Club.

Fair

A bit pricey for the quality of course, but happy to be able to get out during this covid stuff.

Commented on 04/22/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 10/25/2019