Opened in 1992, Songbird Hills Golf Club began as the dream of longtime Hartland resident, Hal Hoffman. He started designing the course more than 20 years before construction began in 1990, before he even owned the land. Hoffman persevered and eventually established the course that exists today. There have been some improvements over the years, including redesigning the 17th green and putting in an additional water hazard on the 13th, but overall, Hoffman's classic layout hasn't changed much. The golf course's design takes advantage of the rolling terrain and sparkling ponds. The undulating nature of the terrain gives each hole a unique look and different set of challenges. Songbird Hills Golf Club will give you a fair test, but beginners can still feel confident when approaching the course. As its name would imply, numerous songbirds call the area home. Bluebird houses even serve as the 150-yard markers.

Songbird Hills Golf Club
Scorecard for Songbird Hills
Blue M: 66.3/113 370 394 123 286 295 352 161 331 498 2810 573 142 351 280 495 281 189 115 356 2782 5592
White M: 66.0/111 W: 71.2/115 359 384 114 276 275 344 150 322 488 2712 567 139 342 272 471 276 161 107 348 2683 5395
Red M: 65.1/108 W: 69.6/112 348 374 98 266 264 336 101 313 478 2578 517 135 333 255 445 271 144 92 340 2532 5110

Year Built 1992
Fairways Blue grass
Greens Blue grass
Architect Hal Hoffman

Dress code Proper golf attire

Fun course that's on the shorter side but presents many challenges if you stray away from the fairways. Greens and tee box's were in decent shape. Cart girl made a few passes which was nice. Also they usually always pair up golfnow bookings which may bother some people but not me. Wife and I got paired with an older couple who were fun to play with so that made it stress-free on the wife's part. Usually always have a good time here. Would be nice to see some new ladies tee box's built to help them out some. Most are only a few yards up from the men's tee's and on the same box so no realistic chance for the average women to get on the green in 2 or 3 shots. That would be my biggest gripe.

Sleepy little gem

Finally made it out to Songbird Hills this weekend. Beautiful course that was super fun to play. The greens and fairways were in great shape. The undulation was a good challenge and the 5 par 3's were a great chance to test my hole in one skills. Pace of play was just right considering they were rather busy. I would totally recommend this course to all my friends.

Complete Nightmare AVOID!!

I purchased a "deal" from a reputable company for a round of golf for four including cart for an incredible price! I called to make a reservation to play golf. I asked when can I get out this morning,I have a deal for four golfers! To my confusion she stated I can get you on with a twosome at... Im sorry I want to play with my friends , I told you I paid for a foursome, what do you have available? Again an attempt was made to pair me with other golfers! At this point I became agitated, either the person on the other end of the phone didn't care or was clueless. I asked if I could talk to the general manager? To my surprise she stated that this was her position.She went out of her way to be rude to me,I kid you not.There are far too many choices to play golf in the area to put up with abuse for employees of a course. I have played this venue previously. Course is generally in good shape. Greens ok, fairways mowed, weeds at a minimum. Course workers friendly and courteous. Speed of play can vary. I will never play here again for any price.EVEN FREE, I PAID AND COULDNT MAKE A RESERVATION! In closing, the starters are rude,this is a very" clicky"place. You get that feeling like you just walked into a neighborhood tavern,slight problem they make you feel like its not your neighborhood. Thats always been a constant here!

Family Friendly

Great place to take the kids. They have family specials each weekend. Course is pretty short and relatively easy, but in good condition and rather scenic. The staff is very friendly and pace of play is always good. Sign up for their mailing list to get additional coupons.

Shorter but interesting.

An interesting course. Shorter in length. Position on green is important, lots of contour.

Songbird 6-20

Best value for MKE courses on GolfNow. Reasonable price, nice course!

Great value

Course was in great conditions. Greens extremely fast.

Songbird

A good time with my brother in law before his 40th party.

Shot my lowest score ever here!

Greens were in great shape. I really enjoyed myself here.

Makes you want to come back

This is a very beautiful golf course it was our first but not the last time there. We needed a change for something different and this was a pleasant surprise. It had nice hills, water and very nice. A few more sand traps is about all it needs. I can see why Songbird Hills gets excellent reviews.
"Thanks to everyone"

Fun course for scoring

excellent condition. Pretty course. Short course so you won't use the driver very much but a nice challenge for your short game. I would play again

Great conditions

This course is in excellent shape. Greens are challenging, gardens on course add to its natural beauty. Staff not as pleasant as I would hope. I wish course was a little longer, but it is fun to play. I have told several people to play here since I've played here twice in last 30 days.

Love this place

This is one of my favorite courses. Fairways are well kept along with nicely places bunkers. Cart path isn't confusing . And each hole is well thought out. Grass isn't to tall for lost balls . Staff and visitors are very friendly also .Bathrooms nicely placed and very clean. All kinds of wildlife to also enjoy. All in all a excellent place to golf . Worth every cent. It seems this course Doesn't mind offering more deals than other courses. So play here often :)

No warning

At the value listed on GolfNow, maybe I should have expected it, but to play golf 4th of July weekend on greens that were clearly punched recently was highly disappointing. The shop attendant was below average in regards to friendly service.

golfsongbird
Commented On 07/09/2014

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding our course conditions. We appreciate all feedback so we can ultimately provide better service and value to our customers.

Unfortunately, most golf courses must aerate at least once annually. We performed the aerification on June 30 and July 1 - typically a slower week due to the holiday.

We notified GolfNow of this in advance, so that they could include the Aerification Warning symbol [ A! ] on their 'Hot Deal' tee times, but sadly they did not do so, and we as golf course operators have to deal with the fallout.

All of the tee times that Songbird Hills posted (not 'Hot Deal' times) were correctly marked with the Aerification Warning symbol. Also, any golfers who booked through our own reservation system or over the phone were notified as well.

Greens recovery is fairly quick - within 7 to 10 days - so they are already back to pretty good shape. We hope that you'll come back to Songbird to play again, as the greens will remain in great shape the rest of the season.

Greens

No one told us that greens were airated already this season. They could have sanded better. Should have let golfers know in advance that was done.

nice course

very nice course will play thier again for sure .nicely maintained

Songbird

Nice course. It's a shorter course 5900 (blue) 5300 (white) but still enjoyable. Forgiving of you have a slice or hook. All in all, a nice course

Songbird with friends

Greens and fairways in awesome shape. Pin placements were tough today which was great. Even though we had slot of rain for two days prior the course had very little standing water. Only issue I have with the course is that it's very short. Could not pass up the hot deal price. Also very scenic.

Everything was good exept my game

Course was in great shape, breezed through the front nine in 1:45 got backed up behind women's league on back nine took 3:00

Great price for course

This course was in decent condition with the only concerns just being the typical goose droppings scattered everywhere on certain holes.

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package
Lone Star Stay & Play at TPC San Antonio
TPC Las Vegas Summer Special
Championship Package at TPC Sawgrass
Latest Articles
Metro Detroit's best public courses
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)