Petrifying Springs is the flagship Kenosha County Parks. It is the oldest and largest park in the system, enjoying a stunning landscape of deciduous trees and rolling green hills. The 18-hole golf course was opened in 1936. Enclosed by abundant trees, the course is scenic to say the least. The peacefully secluded atmosphere provides an ideal round of golf. The layout boasts a "sporty" design that is challenging but playable. The fairways are lined with trees and strategically placed bunkers frame the well manicured greens. There is the occasional water hazard one a few holes but water does not pose a major threat. Petrifying Springs is not the most formidable test, but it is great for a casual round with a spectacular setting. The golf course is also one of the area's better values.

Year Built 1936
Architect Joseph A. Roseman (1936) Bob Lohmann

Dress code Golf wear including appropriate shirts and nice slacks or shorts are required.

Chicago Milwaukee Advisor

County Gem

Wow what a great experience I had playing Petrifying Springs. This is a great local course you must play if your a local. The conditions were great, better than most county course, and the pace of play was excellent. Front nine is some what open but requires you to be in the fairway. Back nine is a little more in the woods especially holes 15 and 16 which are just beautiful holes framed out perfectly tucked in the woods. Definitely a place you want to visit and play. Great work Kenosha County.

Classic course design

Terrific golden age design with wonderfully complex greens and strategic play options from the tees. Condition in early spring was A+. Will return as soon as possible.

Commented on 04/30/2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're glad you enjoyed the greens. We look forward to your round with us!

Illinois Advisor

Hot and Swampy Columbus Day

I play Pets every Columbus day. A wonderful old school track. Read my review from last year. Nets to warm up small practice area and a really cool old school clubhouse with grill. Go to wisconsingolf.com for deals. $35 w/cart including a Spotted Cow draft and brat? Can't go wrong here. With all the rain course was really wet (cart path only) but was in tremendous shape....best I've seen in several years. They had not aerated yet and the greens were rolling decently. I'd call and check to make sure they haven't aerated and if they have wait till next year. A very pretty fun routing. Play it!

Response from on 10/12/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating. We're happy to have met your overall expectations in staff friendliness and value for the money. Book your next round with us soon.

Hot

It was very hot about 91 but course had plenty of water jugs on the course along with drink carts. Excellent course and we had a great time.

Response from on 08/08/2018:
Hello, We are happy to hear that you had a great time here at Petrifying Springs Golf Course. Thank you for your business and book your next tee time with us soon.

The course is in excellent condition it must be I shot 68.

Response from on 08/08/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Petrifying Springs Golf Course a 5-star rating. We're glad you enjoyed the course conditions. Remember to book your next tee time with us soon.

Nice,layout in very good condition.
Recommended to all. We play 2-3 times a year, always enjoy our round.

Response from on 08/08/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating. We're glad to have met your overall expectations in staff friendliness and the course layout. Remember to book your next tee time with us soon.

Tee time blues

Only negative is time times to close felt rushed at times and felt like was rushing group in front golf is a great relaxing getaway for most so feeling pressured to hurry is not good. I have folded here many times. Would like to see improvement on it. Overall great experience love the course staff is great! Course is great very well kept!

Response from on 08/08/2018:
Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We would like to apologize for making you feel rushed. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon.

Pet Springs didn’t disappoint

This is the second time I played this course. It is well maintained, have a decent club house, newer carts and is very picturesque, especially on the back nine. The course is a park district course and is very well maintained. Fairways were very nice as well as most of the greens. A few very minor rough spots on the greens but nothing to prevent play.

The course is relatively short overall but the condition of it was great. It’s a very pleasing course to admire, mature and challenging at times. Wonderful accent to Pet Springs Park, very good value for the greens fee. I will play here again and again. The town of Kenosha has done a nice job with this little gem.

Response from on 07/30/2018:
Hi John, Thank you for leaving us a 4-star rating. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from on 08/01/2018:
Hi Mary, Thank you for leaving us a 5-star rating and review. Book your next tee time with us soon.
Response from on 07/23/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Petrifying Springs Golf Course a 4-star rating. We are glad to have met your overall expectations for staff friendliness and value for the money. Book your next round with us soon!
Response from on 07/20/2018:
Hi Cheryl, Thank you for leaving us a 5-star rating. We're glad to have met your overall expectations in staff friendliness, course layout, course conditions, and value for the money. Book your next round with us soon.

First time played. Course was in very good condition. Fairways and greens were in good shape. Not too difficult but very Enjoyable play!

Response from on 07/20/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Petrifying Springs Golf Course a 4-star rating and review. Book your next round with us soon!

Beautiful course

The conditions of the course was great. Beautiful views on each hole. Great challenge.

challenging

Loved the challenge. Great course and was very fair. Greens have elevation to them which added to the challenge.

Response from on 07/20/2018:
Hello, We applaud you for taking on a challenge. Thank you for leaving us a 5-star rating. Book your next round with Petrifying Springs in the near future.

Best golf course around

Without a doubt the best course around and well kept, always trying to improve.

Response from on 06/20/2018:
Hi, Thank you for leaving us a 5-star rating and review. Book your next round with Petrifying Springs Golf Course again soon.

A Breeze

Another comfortable breezy day at Pet’s before summer temps show up. Fairways in very good condition and greens in very good condition. As always, do not get above the hole on 9 or 18.

Response from on 06/11/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Petrifying Springs Golf Course a 4-star rating. It sounds like you had an amazing day out on our course. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon.

Beautiful course

Great course, friendly staff! Always a great time.

Response from on 06/11/2018:
Hello, Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a great time on our golf course. Thank you for your business and book your next round with us soon.

Nice course, pretty setting.

Good course to test your skills even though it's short. Some easy holes to make up shots and some to challenge you. Greens are nice. Course is a good value for what you get.

Response from on 06/11/2018:
Hello, Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We glad to hear that you enjoyed our course conditions. Thank you for your business and remember to book your next round with us soon.

Short but good lay out

Other than the distance being only 5900 yards was a nice course. Playing without course knowledge was tough...not knowing water and some hole positions, but was a quality course. Next time I am back in Kenosha I will visit again.

Response from on 05/30/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Petrifying Springs Golf Course a 5-star rating. We would like to apologize for the confusion regarding the course layout. We are happy to have met your overall expectations in staff friendliness. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020