Style Executive

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, Mastercard
Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Tee boxes need mjr work

Tee boxes in bad shape. Very patchy dirt with small pieces of grass here and there. People don't repair divets. Other boxes have some kind of funky weird matts tht don't function well as a t.
Coouple faiways could use work.
There were several groups of young kids playing that were holding up traffic.
Nice shop staff, nice place to get a bite and a beer

Iron play

First time playing here.This is a very nice course to use your irons on.. A couple of holes maybe a three wood or if you hit it long a 3 iron. The greens were in very good shape, just wish that people would fix their divots, fixing at least 3 every hole. The traps had some sand, not bad. Tee boxes could use a little work and the fairways a little but not terrible. You can't beat the price for this course. If you are looking for a course to work on your iron game this is it. One more thing, narrow fairways and lots of trees, hit it straight. I will play it again.

They have a nice little pro shop and the eating area is very nice, lots of different beers, mixed drinks, food and TV's if you want to watch a game or golf round.

I always remember one thing when I write a review, these courses are not resorts so don't expect too much more.

Nice course here

It’s a great course, although at begging I didn’t realized it’s a short one, but really enjoyed it.

Skip it

This is an executive course and they charge an extra $24 for a power cart. The course layout is average and the conditions are sub-par. The staff is complacent and non-accommodating. The locals are entitled and unfriendly. Spend your money elsewhere.

Winter sunshine golf

Had a great day in the sunshine. The course was in great shape for this time of year with the greens being fast and true. There’s a lot of short holes so never had to hit driver and only 2 3-woods in 18 holes. Good course to practice your short game skills. Easy walking course and good practice area.

Staff were very friendly and the clubs I hired were very good.

The course has beautiful views all around. You feel like you’re in the middle of the woods. Love the surroundings. Food was good. Service was very accommodating. I think it’s one of the prettiest places.

Course condition is getting poor.

The course is over watered in some areas and the golf carts are tearing up the fairways. The tee boxes are in poor condition and there are large weeds growing in the fairways,
The course is normally in much better shape.

Beautiful Course, Not well managed

We showed up with no reservation to see if we could play 18 holes of golf. Employee at front desk said we could golf 18 as long as we started on back 9 and finished on front nine due to a large scheduled group that was coming in shortly after us. We paid and started on the back 9. The front desk employee scheduled us for the first tee time after the large group on the front 9. We finished the back 9 and then had to wait 30 min until our tee time on front 9. However when we were about to tee off on front 9 already 15 min late, we were told by other golfers that their group had not yet finished and that we had to wait. There was no one at the first tee box to ask for help, so we had to go back to the office. Once we described the situation, the employee just told us that they had been scheduled to be finished already. No other staff could be found. So we decided to wait some more only to wait 30 min past our tee time and we still couldn’t tee off due to the large group taking forever. We then decided that the wait was already too long and to leave since it didn’t seem like any employee was going to resolve the situation. The back 9 of the golf course itself is beautiful and well kept. Great for golfers who don’t have the ability to drive super long distances. Just don’t expect any help from staff.

Family outing

Played with my wife (beginner) along with Daughter and Husband - both good golfers. Front nine is challenging given narrow fairways and lots of trees/brush that make it difficult to navigate - especially for beginners. Holes 5 & 9 probably the best. Back 9 is far more open and easier to play/navigate. Tee boxes are nice and greens were all in good shape. Easy walk and great place for beginning golfers, young golfers and those that want to work on ‘short game/irons’

Hot putts

Brutal heat but the course was in great shape. Fast greens and groomed tight fairways create a day of feast or famine.
Keep the ball straight and you'll stay out of trouble.
The squirrels that roam the course have seen it all and are not afraid to roll the eyes as you miss a five foot put because you read the imaginary break and boogied another hole.

Short game

This course is fantastic for your short game. Only a par 60 with short and long par 3’s throughout the course. I used mostly irons and a hybrid twice. Staff is really friendly.

First time but won’t be last

Fun course! Great spot to practice your short game. Greens are in excellent shape and play very honest. Leave the driver at home though. Maybe even leave the three wood. Course plays a lot shorter than stated distance markers. But overall awesome experience once I made an adjustment for distances. The clubhouse was great too. excellent pastrami sandwich pre first tee. Overall a great afternoon. Nice course, friendly staff, and much needed work on my short game.

Friendly Staff

I enjoy this course as it is well maintained and has decent drainage for the wetter days. The course is very scenic, with an abundance of trees and a creek that weaves through the course, making it more challenging and requiring a little more accuracy, despite the fact that it is a shorter course. It is often crowded here and there are many events on the weekends that cause additional backup. The staff are friendly and the food at the grill is good.

Long and Painful

Over crowded Course, no Marshall to regulate pace. People didn't want to tag up as a group of 4. Super slow and not worth the time and money.

Beautiful Setting, Kind of Slow Pace

I played here a few dozen times from my beginner stage (+30-40s on par 60-68) to now (+10-20 on par 72). I enjoy the beautiful setting, often run into deers. The distances are short, and the fairways are narrow, which can be frustrating for high handicap players, especially those shoot far (200+ with driver) but loose in direction control. The rough zones are thicker and deeper than all other places I've been, so once getting there I really have to lower the expectation in distance and direction control. The greens are recently aerated, very tough for putting.

The place tends to be slow, with many beginners and okay players. Once you accept the fact and pace with the flow, it's tolerable for what I have to pay.

Tucked away Short 18 hole course

Deep Cliff is hidden in the foothills of Cupertino, Course is perfect for a relatively quick weekday round when 9 holes on a short course does not whet the golf appetite, and you don't want to spend 4+ hours playing 18 on a long course.

Got a Tues early afternoon time through "HOT DEAL" from GolfNow. Great price 1/5th of usual rate! (But they did just aerate the greens) We tee'd off around 1pm and finished 18 by 3:30 with a group in front of us. This course only has a few Par 4s. You can pretty much just play irons. but there are enough hazards to make things interesting. Good beer selection on tap.

I would advise against coming on a weekend if you can't get an early start time. Since most of the holes are par 3s, sometimes you get several groups waiting at the tee, and a round could take 5-6 hours.

Fun

The weather scared everyone off, so we had the course to ourselves! Considering all the rain we have had, the course was in fairly good shape except for a few muddy spots. A good little course to practice ones chipping and putting.

Fairways condition

Slushy due to rains, lot of fallen leaves on the fairways

Cupertino, California
Mountain View, California
Santa Clara, California
Palo Alto, California

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.