Style Executive
Blue (W) 60 3305 yards 59.3 92
Red (W) 60 2713 yards
Gold (W) 60 2501 yards
Scorecard for Deep Cliff Golf Course
Blue M: 58.9/94 W: 59.3/92 273 135 121 160 172 226 130 90 258 1565 140 284 282 188 152 281 123 116 174 1740 3305
White M: 58.0/93 W: 58.3/89 260 126 114 142 157 207 116 79 244 1445 131 271 266 160 141 260 110 108 159 1606 3051
Red W: 58.0/87 248 116 72 112 142 161 97 68 225 1241 112 258 250 139 131 240 98 100 144 1472 2713
Gold W: 57.0/86 238 109 66 102 130 147 65 59 210 1126 102 248 237 132 110 233 88 93 132 1375 2501

Year Built 1961

Carts Yes - $14

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, Mastercard
Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Beautiful Course, Not well managed

We showed up with no reservation to see if we could play 18 holes of golf. Employee at front desk said we could golf 18 as long as we started on back 9 and finished on front nine due to a large scheduled group that was coming in shortly after us. We paid and started on the back 9. The front desk employee scheduled us for the first tee time after the large group on the front 9. We finished the back 9 and then had to wait 30 min until our tee time on front 9. However when we were about to tee off on front 9 already 15 min late, we were told by other golfers that their group had not yet finished and that we had to wait. There was no one at the first tee box to ask for help, so we had to go back to the office. Once we described the situation, the employee just told us that they had been scheduled to be finished already. No other staff could be found. So we decided to wait some more only to wait 30 min past our tee time and we still couldn’t tee off due to the large group taking forever. We then decided that the wait was already too long and to leave since it didn’t seem like any employee was going to resolve the situation. The back 9 of the golf course itself is beautiful and well kept. Great for golfers who don’t have the ability to drive super long distances. Just don’t expect any help from staff.

Family outing

Played with my wife (beginner) along with Daughter and Husband - both good golfers. Front nine is challenging given narrow fairways and lots of trees/brush that make it difficult to navigate - especially for beginners. Holes 5 & 9 probably the best. Back 9 is far more open and easier to play/navigate. Tee boxes are nice and greens were all in good shape. Easy walk and great place for beginning golfers, young golfers and those that want to work on ‘short game/irons’

Hot putts

Brutal heat but the course was in great shape. Fast greens and groomed tight fairways create a day of feast or famine.
Keep the ball straight and you'll stay out of trouble.
The squirrels that roam the course have seen it all and are not afraid to roll the eyes as you miss a five foot put because you read the imaginary break and boogied another hole.

Short game

This course is fantastic for your short game. Only a par 60 with short and long par 3’s throughout the course. I used mostly irons and a hybrid twice. Staff is really friendly.

First time but won’t be last

Fun course! Great spot to practice your short game. Greens are in excellent shape and play very honest. Leave the driver at home though. Maybe even leave the three wood. Course plays a lot shorter than stated distance markers. But overall awesome experience once I made an adjustment for distances. The clubhouse was great too. excellent pastrami sandwich pre first tee. Overall a great afternoon. Nice course, friendly staff, and much needed work on my short game.

Friendly Staff

I enjoy this course as it is well maintained and has decent drainage for the wetter days. The course is very scenic, with an abundance of trees and a creek that weaves through the course, making it more challenging and requiring a little more accuracy, despite the fact that it is a shorter course. It is often crowded here and there are many events on the weekends that cause additional backup. The staff are friendly and the food at the grill is good.

Beautiful Setting, Kind of Slow Pace

I played here a few dozen times from my beginner stage (+30-40s on par 60-68) to now (+10-20 on par 72). I enjoy the beautiful setting, often run into deers. The distances are short, and the fairways are narrow, which can be frustrating for high handicap players, especially those shoot far (200+ with driver) but loose in direction control. The rough zones are thicker and deeper than all other places I've been, so once getting there I really have to lower the expectation in distance and direction control. The greens are recently aerated, very tough for putting.

The place tends to be slow, with many beginners and okay players. Once you accept the fact and pace with the flow, it's tolerable for what I have to pay.

Tucked away Short 18 hole course

Deep Cliff is hidden in the foothills of Cupertino, Course is perfect for a relatively quick weekday round when 9 holes on a short course does not whet the golf appetite, and you don't want to spend 4+ hours playing 18 on a long course.

Got a Tues early afternoon time through "HOT DEAL" from GolfNow. Great price 1/5th of usual rate! (But they did just aerate the greens) We tee'd off around 1pm and finished 18 by 3:30 with a group in front of us. This course only has a few Par 4s. You can pretty much just play irons. but there are enough hazards to make things interesting. Good beer selection on tap.

I would advise against coming on a weekend if you can't get an early start time. Since most of the holes are par 3s, sometimes you get several groups waiting at the tee, and a round could take 5-6 hours.

Fun

The weather scared everyone off, so we had the course to ourselves! Considering all the rain we have had, the course was in fairly good shape except for a few muddy spots. A good little course to practice ones chipping and putting.

Beautiful setting, fun shorter course.

Deep Cliff is a fun course thats a great test to your short game. Its only a par 60 but plays a full 18 with some challenging little holes. Its mainly a walking course but they do have carts if you want them. The clubhouse is very nice and the staff overall is very friendly. Good hot deal if you find one.

Not worth the money

Overall a “nice course”, but it wasn’t abundantly clear when booking through golf now Juuuuust how short of a course this was. Majority of the holes are par 3’s and barely 100 yards in length. Waaaay too small for a course charging $50 (almost $70 if you want to rent a cart). I won’t be going back ever.

Great little course

The fairways and green were at their best. No waiting, so pace of play was excellent.

Complain about the booking

When I checked in at the course with Golfnow’s confirmation number, they told me that no booking record was shown. The staff at Deepcliff wanted me to contact Golfnow to clear it up, as it was not their problem. I managed to make a call to Golfnow customer support , only to find out Golfnow’s office was closed. After running back and forth for half an hour, I was allowed to play at their mercy. This was a very unpleasant experience. It seems that I, the customer, is the only victim for the miscommunication between Golfnow and Deepcliff.

Fun short course; friendly helpful staff

This 18 hole course is short (a little over 3,000 yards), but challenging with a few narrow fairways. Greens and sand bunkers were in excellent shape. At the turn, my group (only two of us) went to use the restroom before heading to the 10th tee. As we got to the 10th tee, a foursome who was only playing the back nine was getting ready to tee off. They might not have realized that there were only two of us in my group, so they teed off without asking us to go first.
After they teed off and were walking to their balls, the marshal alertly noticed the situation. Without any prompting from us, he drove his cart towards the 10th hole to chat with the group in front of us. He then came back to let us know that he’s spoken with the group in front and that it was ok for us to play through anytime we caught up with the group. Kudos to the marshal for doing that and giving everyone a clear message. This is evidence that this is a well run operation. We will be back!

Snails pace

First off, no starter or marshall on a holiday!
Pace of play was really slow! We wete waiting 10 minutes at every tee box! No golf ettiqutte here!, group in front cant have a single player play through! Kids videoing golf swings at every hole.
People playing from the tips and cant drive to ball 120yrds! $84 for 2 with a cart.... what a watse of money!!!

The greens are in as good of shape as any I’ve played in a while. As good as San Juan Oaks

Plays Twice a year

Expect a longer day

I enjoy this course very much. Great greens and putting. However expect longer play time due to the tight tee time booking. The bookings are 4 minutes apart. More then half the golfers barely can get ahead with such tight bookings. Plan ahead.

Cupertino, California