Inniscrone Golf Club in Avondale is one of the toughest public courses in the area. It is a formidable challenge to say the least, but an enjoyable one. None of the holes run parallel to each other and no two holes are alike either. The greens have quite a bit of variation from one to the next but mostly they are very large and extremely fast. Although the greens only have mild contouring, the rippling landscape still provides plenty of challenges throughout. Strategically placed bunkers perfectly complement the dramatic elevation changes, ranging from pot bunkers to vast expanses of sand. Inniscrone Golf Club's ninth hole is a memorable one since it encapsulates the course's appeal with a ridge of cross-bunkers just off the tee and even more along the left side.

Inniscrone Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Gil Hanse (1998)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Snacks

Clubhouse

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Pennsylvania (2016 #21)

Good experience, but.......

The course post signs making it seem to appear that two players are required per cart. After some discussion, we came to find out single cart usage is available provided cart availability.

If the course wants to have two players per cart, there are social distancing plastic dividers available on the market. They need to investigate the availability of such dividers.

Very OK

Hard to believe that this course got #6 playable in PA. No ranger which allowed for every group in front to take as much time as they wanted... ridiculous. Tee boxes were ok, fairways were good for the most part, greens were mediocre. Nobody repairs ball marks, goes to show the quality of golfers coming here. First and last time playing here.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Inniscrone Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/07/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Inniscrone Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Love the course but charged twice

I’m a beginner golfer, and I really enjoyed my time at innerscrone. The course is open and the greens were well kept. One of the better public course in the area and a great price. But today I was charged for two tee times, don’t understand why. I’m still trying to handle this charge, so if any of the staff could reach me and help me out that would be great.

Commented on 07/02/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Inniscrone Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We apologize that your card was double charged. Please reach out to us at 484.577.2700 so we can get this resolved. Thanks and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Bad conditions, fairway like greens

I’ve played here many times years ago and it was previously kept in good shape for a cheap price. They have really let this place go the last two times I’ve been here. Decided to play again and give it another shot and bunkers are still atrocious, weeds all around them and not kept up. Greens are really slow and in bad condition. I’d play this course for $15 max and need a 6 pack before I even go out to play. There are about 4 holes that are in decent condition but not for $40-60 rounds. There are better courses for the money around the area, Honeybrook, wyncote, even loch nairn. Wouldn’t recommend and not going back.

Commented on 07/02/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We strive to provide a great customer experience to our golfers, so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Good value

Not bad for the money. Some of the greens are beat up but other than that not bad. Tough layout

Commented on 06/29/2020

Excellent! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Inniscrone Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Terrible will not return 2020

Absolutely in horrific shape you can tell since the municipality took over the just don’t care. Greens had giant land mines everywhere, rough was hardly cut, sand traps were trashed and half of them had turned into small water hazards. Use to love this course and now it’s turned to poop

Commented on 06/26/2020

Commented on 06/25/2020

Great layout, fun course to play!

I keep coming back to Inniscrone because the layout is fun! There are interesting, challenging, tight holes. Conditions are usually good. Its a great course for the money.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Downhill lie

Rushed when they were not busy even though we were there early foursome came to the first tee box behind us and told us they were made to come up on us by the same angry women that sent us up early..lucky they played slow behind us so that was the last we saw them
Tee boxes were chewed up and unkempt fairways were mech better but the greens were a discrase..
Its sad because it was once a good place to play .

Commented on 06/22/2020

Best Value for the Bucks

Second time playing here. One of my favourites. Well-kept, scenic, and challengig course. Nice friendly staff. Definitely will go back often.

Great layout

Few public courses can match private course feel. Non boring layout great design utilizing hills, good bunker location. Needs greens to be cut lower to appreciate the green complex

Commented on 06/12/2020

Poor conditions

Course conditions were significantly worse than last time I played here, which was 4-5 years ago. Greens were in bad shape, should have been aerated in the early spring but I guess with COVID-19 normal maintenance wasn't done. Rough was too high, guessing grass hadn't been cut for several days. A couple of times had trouble finding my ball less than 10 feet off the fairway/green. Did only pay $26 for twilight tee-time and round took less than 4 hours, so not all was bad. Doubt I'll be returning.

Commented on 06/12/2020

the greens were a little rough, the tee boxes needed mowing and a lot of divets.

Commented on 06/11/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We strive to provide a great customer experience to our golfers, so we appreciate your feedback. We will use your review to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Greens need work

Your game can begin and end on the greens. If they are hairy and slow, forget about it. They need manicuring as well.

Commented on 06/11/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Beautiful and challenging

I’m a mediocre player I generally score between 115 and 135 so I did lose about a dozen balls 135 on this course however I enjoyed my day very much

Commented on 06/09/2020

Outstanding! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Avondale, Pennsylvania