Inniscrone Golf Club in Avondale is one of the toughest public courses in the area. It is a formidable challenge to say the least, but an enjoyable one. None of the holes run parallel to each other and no two holes are alike either. The greens have quite a bit of variation from one to the next but mostly they are very large and extremely fast. Although the greens only have mild contouring, the rippling landscape still provides plenty of challenges throughout. Strategically placed bunkers perfectly complement the dramatic elevation changes, ranging from pot bunkers to vast expanses of sand. Inniscrone Golf Club's ninth hole is a memorable one since it encapsulates the course's appeal with a ridge of cross-bunkers just off the tee and even more along the left side.

Inniscrone Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Gil Hanse (1998)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Snacks

Clubhouse

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Pennsylvania (2016 #21)

Amazing course!

From checking in to playing our round of golf all my friends were blown away. Best course I’ve played so far even after that thunderstorm. Each hole has its own unique flair with winding hills and open layout it pushed us to our limits. Great course to play!

Commented on 06/05/2020

Fantastic! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

A few things slipping

Currently the worst COVID cup solution I've seen (played 10 different courses). Using a thin fountain soda lid, many are broke with sharp plastic edge where your ball goes in anyway. A bunch of greens are in uncharacteristically bad shape given the month or two the course was closed. Not terrible greens, just worse than any other decent course I've played.

Commented on 05/29/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Pins

They need to keep the pins in without the White plastic blocking the cup. Most courses keep the cup open with a part of a Noodle cut to allow you to make the put and still pick up your ball without touching the pin. I’m happy that the pins are back so you know where to aim to the green.
This change would be great. Run it by Gov Wolf.

Commented on 05/28/2020

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Inniscrone Golf Club. We appreciate your feedback on our cups and we hope to see you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Excellent test of golf

I have a love/hate relationship with this course. It's by far the toughest course in my rotation - on par with Glen Mills. You'll have a good round as long as you keep it in the short grass and position yourself well on certain holes. Some will complain about the rough or the bunkers being poorly maintained, but that's what gives this course its character - you're not supposed to hit into them! I recently saw a Youtube vid on an old match (1962) between Byron Nelson and Gene Littler at Pine Valley. No rakes and hazards everywhere. Dare I say that Inniscrone could be a public Pine Valley, especially when the greens are fast? Bring your A-game.

Commented on 05/28/2020

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Great Track

Inniscrone is an awesome course. It has the best of both worlds. It’s has its tree lined holes and some are wide open. Played the tips at about 6600 and you use every club in the bag. The course is up and down and and even lie is difficult to come by. The lay out is awesome, so much fun. The only gripe I have is golfers don’t fix there marks on the greens but they still roll very nicely. Go play this course. The value is awesome and once you play it, you will def. be back!

Commented on 06/01/2020

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

lightning quick greens.

Fairways were in nice shape. Greens were extremely fast with debri on almost every green. That's a tough battle this time of year. My biggest complaint... no one repairs their ball marks.

Commented on 05/22/2020

Great Time

First time players! We really enjoyed the course layout. The golfer we were matched up with was a lot of fun. The course was in nice shape. Could have used a backpack blower on a few of the greens. Very enjoyable, we will be back.

Commented on 05/22/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Inniscrone Golf Club. We're so glad you enjoyed your first time playing our course and we appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

A personal favorite

Haven’t played here much in past few years, but I always like this course. The layout is tough, short and long par 4s nice elevation changes, greens have ALWAYS run fast. They still do but need some TLC in a few places. They have “softened “ the course on a few holes over the past 4-5 years. ( 4, 10,13 and 16) Biggest beef for me was no flag sticks. I understand COVID and all, but luckily I’ve played this course dozens of times so I have knowledge. If you come to play for the first time, hopefully you get paired with someone who has played before. Or at least bring a GPS option for your self.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Inniscrone Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. As of this week, we are using flush mounted cups with a depressed cap and flag stick. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Really nice golf course with a challenging layout. You will have to hit good shots to specific areas on the course and use all your clubs. This is not a rip it and win it course. Takes good strategy and smart play to score well. Beautiful condition and full of knowledgeable golfers, don’t play here if you’re a beginner, you’ll get yourself in trouble with having to figure out the hole and keeping up with pace of play. Good luck and hit em straight.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Inniscrone Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

It was great playing again but the only downfall I had with the course was no flag sticks on any of the 18 holes and was not told about that before or even when I checked in. But the course was a good shape

Commented on 05/15/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Challenging

Very tough course for anyone newer to the game. 4 holes are cart path only all year round due to them being soggy all the time, very odd. With the covid situation they had raised cups which is fine but no flags. NO FLAGS?? Most of their greens are barely viewable from the tee shot And with no flags it was very difficult to know cup/green location when hitting. I don’t know why you would have no flags with a raised cup seems idiotic and redundant to me. Overall that was frustrating because we had never played there before and basically that blind into every green. Tight fairways and lots of woods. Long par 3s. Staff was amazing! The woman running the window was very friendly and informative. Course is very well maintained and price is great but just not a beginner course at all.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. As of this week, we are using flush mounted cups with depressed cap and flag stick. We hope to have you back again soon. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Challenging

Course is in good shape. Play from the Yellows to challenge yourself or the tips of you can hit bombs. Greens are coming in but not there yet. Soon. The rough is thick, 70s Playboy bush thick. Stay out of it and you can score.

A nice day to play!

Some rough spots on a couple greens, but overall they were pretty good. Can’t help what’s going on with the traps during so much rain, and I realize those drainage systems are costly, but more courses need to go with them. Otherwise, we were drinks Coronas during the COVID-19 pandemic, and it was an awesome day!

Commented on 05/05/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Inniscrone Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

What a design

Great course. First time playing and there were no flag sticks so figuring out distances was tough. It was a great challenge that my friends and I enjoyed. Will be back!!

Commented on 05/05/2020

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your first time at Inniscrone Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great course for the money

Always a fair challenge. Unfortunately for my group it was a cart path only day directly impacting our pace of play. Course was in good condition for this time of year. Looking forward to playing again in early spring. Staff was very friendly.

Commented on 03/20/2020

Great Muni

I always hate to give really good reviews as more people will want to play the course. Good course, good people. Our early tee time got us a 3 hour and 15 minute round!!
Middle of winter conditions are good

Commented on 01/24/2020

Commented on 06/01/2020

Commented on 05/27/2020

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Inniscrone Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Pro shop

I tried calling to see if I could push my tee time back and no one answered I waited on the line for 30 mins at one point and never got refunded

Greens need attention

Course was in ok shape, but the greens need A LOT of attention. Good, efficient, safe setup given the covid concerns.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Thank you for your review! We're glad that you felt safe playing our course and that we had an efficient system in place to keep golfers safe. We're sorry to hear that our conditions didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Avondale, Pennsylvania