Inniscrone Golf Club

Inniscrone Golf Club in Avondale is one of the toughest public courses in the area. It is a formidable challenge to say the least, but an enjoyable one. None of the holes run parallel to each other and no two holes are alike either. The greens have quite a bit of variation from one to the next but mostly they are very large and extremely fast. Although the greens only have mild contouring, the rippling landscape still provides plenty of challenges throughout. Strategically placed bunkers perfectly complement the dramatic elevation changes, ranging from pot bunkers to vast expanses of sand. Inniscrone Golf Club's ninth hole is a memorable one since it encapsulates the course's appeal with a ridge of cross-bunkers just off the tee and even more along the left side.
Inniscrone Golf Club
Scorecard for Golf Course - Inniscrone
Black M: 72.5/138 407 354 308 431 114 448 506 233 429 3230 398 160 474 402 201 536 381 474 349 3375 6605
Gold M: 70.3/136 384 344 291 365 105 404 503 186 427 3009 391 154 457 388 181 513 367 448 302 3201 6210
Green M: 68.8/127 375 296 284 356 94 399 480 163 406 2853 364 143 409 349 174 504 356 415 296 3010 5863
Blue M: 65.5/117 321 286 278 309 86 328 471 139 332 2550 358 135 384 312 167 398 310 310 235 2609 5159
White M: 63.2/113 W: 70.1/125 321 249 253 301 72 323 395 133 326 2373 281 103 380 306 123 393 303 304 194 2387 4760

Year Built 1998
Architect Gil Hanse (1998)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Pennsylvania (2016 #21)

great course great value

My buddies and I go every Thursday afternoon. Certainly the course has its challenges this year due to the amount of rainfall, however, greens crew works VERY hard trying to keep up.

Very pleasant staff and a fun course

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 10/08/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 10/08/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review! We appreciate the feedback.

Tale of Two Nines

Front nine is a challenging and fair layout of holes.

Back nine is has many hokey holes.

Fairways and greens in great shape. Rough is unacceptably high. If you miss the fairway even slightly on many holes, there is a slim chance you will find your ball.

Would recommend playing, though with the above understanding of course. $45 or less.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Thank you for the great review! Inniscrone does have many challenging holes, but we are glad you were able to conquer the back nine. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

TOUGH

It was my first time and I found the course rather challenging. (a) Severe slopes/elevations on some of the fairways and approaches requires adjustments on alignment, stance and distance to green. It also results in the ball rolling off the fairway if the tee shot is slightly offline. (b) Some holes are setup to severely punish wayward tee shots/approaches and misjudged distances to the green. (c) Each bunker is deep and wide enough to bury a dinosaur or two or three. (d) Met a gentleman walking the course. He said he was playing 18. I saw but did not believe.

Left the course feeling I had been in an 18 round boxing event (not as the referee).

Can't wait to recuperate so I can go back!

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/30/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your challenging round today. The course is extremely challenging and we are glad you were able to make it through 18 holes. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Squishy but good

It's a tough little course, playing the back tees puts you in some odd places but adds some challenges to an engaging layout. The greens and fairways are always pretty good and a ton of rain recently made it a bit muddy but nothing bad. Staff are good, new carts are nice it's a good course for beginning golfers as well as challenging enough to keep good players on their toes.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/30/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions and our excellent staff. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Great course for the value

The team at Inniscrone is very helpful and take pride in what they do. Always an A+ experience from the staff Other courses should learn from this model.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/25/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions and our excellent staff. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice course for the right price

Played using a $20 online voucher, so that certainly made me a bit less critical of the course. Nonetheless, it was a nice course, but I don't know that it was worth the 1.5+ hour drive to get to it. It was generally in good shape, but two or three of the tee boxes left a lot to be desired. It's a pretty fair balance of open/tight holes throughout. If you get on this course for $30 or less, you'll be content. Paying anything over that might leave you a little disappointed.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/25/2018:
Thank you for your honest 4-Star review, we appreciate the feedback and thank you for taking the long drive to come to see us. Thank you for your patience as the course is transitioning into the Summer months and a few tee boxes are still transitioning. Thanks for coming out and we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

Inniscrone review

Excellent layout, friendly staff!! Will be back, possibly as as member

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 08/25/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course and our great staff! We would be honored to have you become a member of the course one day! Please give us a call if you would like more information regarding our memberships!

Tough rough

Played here years back and was awesome. This time out, not the same to play the least. Never spent more time searching for a ball in the rough. 1 foot off the fairway or skirt would take several minutes to find.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate the feedback regarding the course conditions. We will take a closer look into this. Thank you for coming out to see us and hope that next time we can increase your overall star rating!

Good value

Good value and some challenging holes, course was a little soggy in some places but we did have a week with a lot of rain.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thank you for taking the time to make the long drive to come see us!

nice course

This was a nice course. They handled the recent monsoon conditions well. The course is over an hour from Philadelphia (where I live) and not that outstanding to justify the trip.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate you coming out to see us and hope that next time we can increase your overall star rating!

Very poor conditions! No ranger to speed pace of play.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/30/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate you pointing out any pace of play issues at the course, we will definitely look into this further. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Hidden gem.

Great course off the beaten path. Nice and green in a mini drought. Can’t wait to go back. Kind of course that gets better once you know the track.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/23/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the hot weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Good, but gets difficult on the back

I have mixed feelings about this place. The course is interesting, is usually in pretty good shape, the greens fees are reasonable, the staff is friendly. But I have never enjoyed the design of this course. The front nine is very good and pretty straightforward, but the back nine is much more difficult and is filled with blind shots, greens perched next to steep ravines, and forced carries,. I like the course; I wish I liked it more.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/21/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, thank you for the honest feedback regarding the layout of the course. We appreciate you coming out and hope you will give us another try in the near future.

Great Value

This Gil Hanse designed course is a treasure. The layout is challenging with varied holes. I knew all this because I have played the course many times. But what impressed me today, was the course condition. In spite of the dry conditions we have been experiencing, the course was not at all burned out. The greens keeping staff is doing a great job.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/18/2018:
Hi Gary. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.

Always in good shape

Haven’t played Inniscrone in a couple years. Glad to see it is still in above average shape. Always worth playing, especially when you get a deal on GolfNow. I recommend everyone come out to Avondale and play this track at least once a year.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/11/2018:
Hi, Andrew. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Worth the Drive!

Beautifully maintained course with lots of challenges, but also some forgiving holes to help you out. Great staff from the cart attendant to the pro shop. We will definitely play this course again, even though it's a half hour drive away, it's worth every mile. The only negative was that there was no beverage cart, and for 100 F temps on the Fourth, that would have been greatly appreciated!

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/11/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 4-star rating and review, and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Some interesting layout, but nice

My first time playing this course and it was a deal! Most holes had a nice layout, but definitely some holes that were a bit strange. Pace of play was pretty good mid week. I would try it again

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 07/11/2018:
Hi, Stephen. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you enjoyed your round, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Worth the drive

If I lived close, I’d get a membership. Layout is fantastic, and condition was very good. It’s easy to see that the course was meant to be private. They softened up a few holes but the course stays difficult from the back tees.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 06/29/2018:
Hello, Phil. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you enjoyed the course conditions, and we hope you will book another round with us soon.

Excellent Golf Course

2nd time I have played this course, but it was a couple years ago when I played for the first time. The Golf Course is in excellent condition and will challenge you in every way possible. I enjoyed my round and I will be going back to play this course again. The Staff was very helpful and very nice.

Response from Inniscrone Golf Club on 06/29/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.
Avondale, Pennsylvania