Inniscrone Golf Club in Avondale is one of the toughest public courses in the area. It is a formidable challenge to say the least, but an enjoyable one. None of the holes run parallel to each other and no two holes are alike either. The greens have quite a bit of variation from one to the next but mostly they are very large and extremely fast. Although the greens only have mild contouring, the rippling landscape still provides plenty of challenges throughout. Strategically placed bunkers perfectly complement the dramatic elevation changes, ranging from pot bunkers to vast expanses of sand. Inniscrone Golf Club's ninth hole is a memorable one since it encapsulates the course's appeal with a ridge of cross-bunkers just off the tee and even more along the left side.

Inniscrone Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Gil Hanse (1998)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Pennsylvania (2016 #21)

Commented on 12/02/2019

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Inniscrone Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 11/08/2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Tough for average golfer

Course was in ok shape. Played green tees and played long for average golfer. Lots of blind shots. Greens are in very good shape. Staff was very helpful and friendly!

Commented on 10/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

A potentially great day ran into a problem because of the pace of play. I was not expecting a five hour round mid week in late October. We had to wait to on every shot (except putting of course) and that gets tired very quickly. On multiple occasions there were two other groups ahead of us on the same hole preventing us from teeing. There was a ten minute interval between each group to start so it had to be the caliber of the golfers ahead of us.
The course has five tees, we played the middle tees (green) 5863 yards. The course is a par 70 with one par 5 on each side. Holes 2, 3, and 18 are relatively short, all under 300 yards, but by no means easy. A nicely designed course with small, fast greens and on several occasion my putt went roaring past the hole so my second putt was longer than my first. The sand traps also need some attention, but by some miracle I only found one. I will give this course another try to see if this was a one time issue.

Commented on 10/29/2019

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Inniscrone GC is still in great shape

Teed off at 8,30 and was done before 12.30. Course is in great shape so late in the year. Will keep coming back as long as the weather stays in the 50's.

Commented on 10/16/2019

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Inniscrone Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

A great day!

We play Inniscrone periodically and this time were very pleased with the condition of the course. This is a great deal for golf. The back 9 is not for the faint of heart, but it is a fun course. I highly recommend playing here.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Inniscrone Golf Club!

Commented on 10/07/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Inniscrone Golf Club!

Improvements in details necessary

Course is in great condition but there are many areas around the greens and fairways were torn off by lawn mowing machinery.. These areas should be repaired immediately to avoid further damages.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Soggy

In general, the course was in below average condition. The fairways were decent but the rough was ridiculous. It looked like it had not been cut in a month and, inspire of very dry weather, they were super saturated from spray irrigation. You could not walk in many areas. Hole17 was a farce. I purchased vouchers early in the season, but not sure if I will return to use them. Staff was very friendly and courteous, but course needs some TLC.

Commented on 10/04/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Inniscrone Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Love this course

One of my favorite places to play. Course is usually in good condition. Staff is friendly. Good value. I will be back. Thanks

Commented on 10/01/2019

Terrific! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

I hate to give 5 stars

Because more people will find this gem of a muni course. Have played many years here and you will remember all of the holes because they are challenging and fun. You'll use a lot of different clubs, not just driver/wedge. Staff is attentive. Heck, even the beers at $3 are a bargain. Best value for $45 round. you won't get this anywhere else in the area! Only drawback is fair weather/occasionally golfers are finding the course and will slow it down in the afternoon

Commented on 10/07/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Good course for the price

I’ll start out by saying that I’m an assistant superintendent at a high end private golf club. I try and stay open minded when playing a public course realizing that they do not have near the budget that my course has.

I can’t remember the last time I played greens that rolled as slow as these did. Looks too me like their greens began to thin out late summer and they raised the height of cut which led to very slow greens.

I didn’t see any tree roots in #1 green, but I did see turf loss in areas that wilted during the summer.

One thing that can be done to make this course better would be to remove some trees. Not for playability but for conditions. Allow more air flow and sunlight to hit certain areas and the conditions would improve.

All in all it’s a great course with a great Gil Hanse layout for what they charge. I just wish they would put more money into the course instead of new golf carts.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 09/13/2019

Awesome! Thank you for visiting us at Inniscrone Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

No yardage markers

Course is tough to play without a range finder. There are very few yardage markers on the course so it is extremely difficult to club your shot if you don’t have a GPS. The course needs more markers in the fairway or GPS on the carts.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Quick Weekend Round

Got out to play a quick 14, it gets too dark too soon this time of year for me to sneak in 18 right after work.
But I did dash in with a last second tee-time and they had me out in a flash. No hold ups, and I got to work on a few things, since I was the last golfer out.

One green needs some help though, as the tree roots are pushing through the turf. I'm sure that is a major project, and I mean major, for next year.

The Fairways are excellent for iron play. No Soft spots,

Great late afternoon round.

Assistance / Lessons from Ranger Lafferty was highly appreciated

Beautiful for late August

This was my first time playing here and it was in beautiful shape. Everything usually by late August is brown and patchy but it was lush and green. Fairways were in good condition and the greens were immaculate, although fast! Staff in the club house were super friendly and it was wide open when we teed off at 7:40am. Cant wait to play again!

Commented on 09/03/2019

Terrific! Thank you for your kind words! We're glad that you enjoyed your first time playing our course and we hope to see you again very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Always a great value, but.....

I play here a pretty good amount. Always am satisfied even when things aren’t perfect. I have a suggestion though. Last time out, I made a last minute mid-afternoon tee time (which is a great thing for the course since almost no one was out there) and headed out with my 8 year old son who I’m trying to get into the game. He doesn’t play yet and we didn’t have clubs for him. This is a good thing for golf since less and less people are playing. However, the girl at the counter informed me that I would have to pay $10 extra for him to ride with me. Look, I get trying to make money, but this really didn’t sit well with me. I told her I’d like to cancel but she said I couldn’t because it was an online order. She eventually gave in after I agreed to pay the $10, but I was left feeling kind of crappy. It’s not the money, it’s the principle.
I am not trying to bash the club. I just want to give you some friendly advice, that’s no way treat someone who’s got a young kid riding along. You should want to cultivate future play. I always tell everyone what a great deal the course is and I’ve probably brought at least 50 rounds of golf to the club when I bring buddies along.
I will continue to be a repeat customer, but I suggest you drop that silly rule. You’ll lose a lot of rounds if people can’t bring a kid, spouse, or friend along.
Just saying.
Thanks for being such a great value and I look forward to bringing out a few friends soon.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Fantastic! Your feedback is important to us and we'd love to speak to your more about your time with us. Please reach out to us in the pro shop to comment further about your experience with us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Inniscrone Golf Club.

Good course needs maintenance

Compared to when I played this course earlier in the season, the conditions were subpar. Some tee boxes crowned and just dirt. Dry patchy areas on both the fairways and greens. Bunkers were 50/50, some playable, others had standing water in them. I love the layout of the this course and will continue to play here, just wish it was a tad more maintained through the summer.

Commented on 08/28/2019

Inniscrone

Championship Course with Muni conditions. Layout is admirable and difficult. Each hole is different and fun to play. Conditions were generally bad. I can live with poor tee boxes, fairways were spotty, some very good, others OK and some tore up. Greens were 50/50, half OK and others tore up. Strange type of grass that seems very unstable and easily trampled especially with the soft conditions. Back nine par 5 the stench was so bad on the tee box and fairway is was unbearable, stank like a sewage tank, unbelievable. All that being said, I'd play it again since the layout was fun and there were quite a few players on the course for a Monday afternoon.

Commented on 08/23/2019