Scorecard for Whitetail
Blue M: 70.6/128 326 322 106 514 352 378 382 602 132 3114 510 176 398 354 508 458 136 356 422 3318 6432
White M: 69.3/125 312 306 96 502 340 360 358 546 124 2944 492 152 352 342 490 440 122 338 400 3128 6072
Red W: 65.3/113 276 254 80 434 320 312 270 482 114 2542 406 118 318 268 390 382 104 304 320 2610 5152

Year Built 1993
Fairways Perennial Rye Grass
Architect Jim Blaukovitch (1993)

Golf Simulator Yes

Entertaining Clients 1

Great value

Play this course often. The staff is great course is in good shape. Pace of play is good. Just a great value for your hard earned money
Pace of Play Excellent
Off-course amenities Good
Course Conditions Excellent
Value for the Money Excellent
Course Layout Excellent

Horrible pace of play as usual for this course

The course is comparable to most public courses. Some tee boxes are not level but not a big deal. Bunkers are average but did see some larger stones in them. My real issue is pace of play. Every time I play this course the pace of play is over 5 hours. This is the reason I only play here once a year. The course has rangers/starters and even sends out messages via GPS during the round to keep up the pace of play. If you play here be prepared to wait on every shot.
Staff Friendliness Good
Quality of food & beverage Good
Pace of Play Poor
Off-course amenities Average
Value for the Money Average

It's a nice course, comparable to most public courses

Our pace was about 4:20 but we ran into the back end of a golf tourney outing that went off the back nine an hour into our round. As far as the course goes, I read a review that the tee boxes aren't level and in bad shape. They are certainly not level, but I didn't expect to be at driving range either. They do need some repairs but there is plenty of well manicured grass, you can go a club length back and all, it's not going to ruin a hole. The fairways are in great shape but the rough gets shaggy. I'm not sure it's exactly by design as the grasses aren't consistent. The bunkers (I found 4) played great as I would expect. I think th 12th and 14th holes are fine, it's the 13th that bothers me. It's a par 5 but you have to have a tee shot finish rolling out by 200 yards, or you better carry 260 up the right. Anywhere in between and it heads to a 100 ft drop of a ravine. Really ramps us regular distance guys where the tee shot is a layup on a par 5. There is a ton of open space to miss fairways off the tee and most of the trees are mowed under so if you're just a hacker, you won't lose too many balls. Otherwise there is great elevation change all over the course, it's beautifully scenic. The greens were receptive and played true. I got around in 34 putts and that's been my average this month. I didn't actually have any food or beverage but the cart girls where nice to the other two guys in my group. I'd recommend the course to others, though there are plenty closer of comparable value and play that I don't know how often I'd drive out to play it.
Quality of food & beverage Good
Pace of Play Fair
Off-course amenities Good
Course Conditions Good
Value for the Money Good

Hard as a rock and terrible bunkers.

I have played this course a few times now, and am very disappointed. To start off, there is not one flat tee box and they are all destroyed. There are also a few very bad holes, such as 12 and 14. The bunkers are basically just shale and rocks. You can defiantly tell the owner(s) are not putting any money back into this place. I am mildly disappointed and will not be playing this course anytime in the future.
Quality of food & beverage Fair