The Falls at Silver Spring Country Club

Silver Spring Golf & Banquet Center in Menomonee Falls boasts 36 holes of championship golf. Opened in 1986, the Island Course is the original course that was later joined by the equally challenging Falls Course in 1995. The Falls Course, formerly known as the East Course, is characterized by the abundance of both sand and water. Accuracy is essential in order to maneuver past the numerous ponds and strategically placed bunkers. It is considerably shorter than the Island Course, but don't underestimate this course. The layout offers a good balance of challenges while also being playable for a wide range of skill levels. In addition to the two golf courses, Silver Spring also has a comprehensive facility that includes a two-tiered driving range and an expansive putting green.
Silver Spring - Falls Course
Silver 70 5582 yards 67.4 118
Silver (W) 70 5582 yards 71.8 123
Scorecard for Falls
Silver M: 67.2/113 277 325 290 265 186 277 450 157 436 2663 509 356 128 426 343 293 156 280 428 2919 5582
Gold W: 67.1/113 260 306 270 245 170 261 426 143 413 2494 413 337 116 413 318 277 139 256 397 2666 5160

Year Built 1995
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Ronald Kuhlman (1995)

Dress code Proper golf attire

Too many mosquitos, but good otherwise

My friend and I played at the wrong time. Humidity was kind of high and mosquitoes were everywhere. I wanted to leave asap because of them. If there were no bugs out it would have been 100% more enjoyable.

Response from Silver Spring Golf Club on 09/20/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Hidden Gem

My wife and were on a week vacation in the Milwaukee and were looking for a course we have never played before. Got a great deal on golfnow.com and headed to The Falls Course at Silver Spring. What a wonderful surprise. 18 challenging wooded holes with lots of water. Don't let the lack of length make you think this is an easy course. Plenty of forced layups or LONG carries and a lot of target golf on the short holes. Excellent condition and I recommend it for golfers of all skill levels

Response from Silver Spring Golf Club on 07/27/2018:
Hi. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you and your wife enjoyed the challenge. Please book another round with us soon.
Response from The Falls at Silver Spring Country Club on 07/19/2018:
Hello. Thank you for playing The Falls at Silver Spring Country Club and your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Falls vs Island

The Falls course is an executive type yardage.

5500 yards from back tees.

There are plenty of hazards and the greens were in excellent shape and speedy.

Good challenge for beginners to average skills.

Easy to walk, fast pace of play.

The Island course is a championship length

6500 +

Response from Silver Spring Golf Club on 07/17/2018:
Hi DReeder, we appreciate the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Silver Spring Golf Club.

New Record

I've played this course alot. I broke my all time record by shooting 80 and was very close to breaking 80.

Response from Silver Spring Golf Club on 06/28/2018:
Hi evansmack, thanks for the great review. We're happy to hear you shot your best round here and hope to see you again soon to see if you can beat it! Thanks for playing Silver Spring Golf Club.
Response from Silver Spring Golf Club on 06/28/2018:
Hello, thanks for the 5-star review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Silver Spring Golf Club.

Willow Run in june

The price was reasonable & the staff. Was friendle. Course was still wet in areas. Sandraps like packed cement. Pace was 5 hours. Need a

Marshall on course.

Response from Silver Spring Golf Club on 07/05/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are sorry to hear the pace of play wasn't up to par. We hope you consider giving us another shot soon. Thanks for playing Silver Spring Golf Club.

Course is in Great Shape

The greens were well groomed, fairways also. Try to stay in fairway, rough is very thick grass. Busy but no waiting to hit.

Response from Silver Spring Golf Club on 06/12/2018:
Hi rmeicher, thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Silver Spring Golf Club.

The Falls at Silver Spring

I have played this course alot. For my skill level this is a course that I can score on. The front is shorter but with water on or adjacent to most holes. The 9th is a long uphill hole. The greens are good, but previous players are horrible at fixing divot marks. The back is longer again with water on or adjacent. The 15th is the classic "risk/reward" tee shot over trees on the dogleg right to cut off 40-50 yards of distance. This particular round (and I am about a 26 hdcp) I had 10, yes 10, opportunities at birdies and thought I was unable to convert on any of them, I shot my lowest round of the year (87).

Response from Silver Spring CC on 09/06/2017:
Thank you for the positive review! We are so happy to hear you had your best round of the year!

Short game rewarding

Distance makes this course very friendly to the senior player or the 20 handicappers. The greens are in great shape with slower readable putts. The traps tend to be firm to hard and something to be avoided. The amount of ponds and streams add the risk/reward factor to half of the holes. The front nine has eight very reachable greens for the shorter driver. The back nine needs a good deal more length off the tees. The par is 71. It's in great shape for a public course and well worth the yearly membership fees.

Response from Silver Spring CC Falls Course on 06/07/2017:
Thank you so much for the kind review! We are glad to hear that you find the course to be an acceptable challenge and look forward to having you back again soon!

Good short course.

Maintained well. Short course but has some challenges.

Always enjoy this course.

Always enjoy this course. Miss the GPS in carts. Definitely a good value.

Slow play

Play this course so much that I should really just become a member for the $$. However, Golf Now has been a pretty good tool to get the deals. This outing, I joined a threesome as I was solo. Played up till 9 (even though payed for 18) due to the fact it took 3 hours to play the front! HOWEVER. When I left I mentioned this to the course attendant/pro working in the clubhouse and he addressed it immediatley to my satisfaction. Even the cart gal Shelly made sure I was taken care of. To not be a member but get taken care of as if I was..pleased me greatly. I have always liked playing this course and even though its not the nicest in the area, love it and love the people. Will continue to go back!!

Really nice course overall

This course has become one of my favorites and is considered to be like a good friend, it is a course that challenges and yet satisfies. She's a winner for me!

Great value for the condition of the course

I understand that the course is under new ownership. A great improvement since the last time I played there (about a year ago).

Very scenic course.

Tee boxes on most holes are not very well maintained. We played on a super hot day and there were no cart girls/guys on the course.

A good weekday workout and a good value.

The course was interesting, and a few holes were challenging, but overall, the course was average. The pace of play was slow due to some very casual weekday golfers. I had to skip one hole as a slow 3-some did not want me to play through, but then I was able to play at a reasonable pace. Par 3's are fair and challenging. Par 5's are makeable pars. Par 4's are mostly opportunities for birdies.

good features

Played twilight from 4:56pm. Good features an friendly staff. Will play again there.

Big Bang/$!!

Exceptionally well organized & cared for, particularly considering very dreary/damp weather. Pace great. Definitely a top value!

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019