2.6
2.2

Year Built 1968
Architect Xenophon Hassenplug (1968) Ron Forse (1992) Ferdinand Garbin (1980)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

Seven Springs Golf course

For a resort golf course maintenance was poor Half filled sand traps

Florida Advisor

Elevation

In an otherwise flatter part of the country I was excited to see that this course had a lot of elevation changes. The course itself wasn't too bad. There were a mix of great holes and average holes but overall it was a good time. When I played it, the course had be very saturated which made some shots difficult. The staff was very pleasant and if I were in the area for a dryer time of the year I would definitely play here again.

Good Resort Golf

First I want to state that we played in late April so to be fair the condition of the golf course was well, like it was still only late April that's why I gave it only 3 stars. However, with that being said I thought the condition was acceptable for the time of year.

The course layout was pretty decent. Since the resort is in the mountains of the laurel Highlands you can expect a lot of elevation changes. I really like even though there's a lot of topography most is up or down hill with not many side hill lies which was nice. Some blind shots due to the elevation change, there's about just as many shots down hill where you can see everything too. I did notice there seems to be a lot of holes with a right to left design some gradual some a little more severe. I played with my dad, he fades, no check that, slices the ball and struggled on a few. The fairways are medium to generous, the greens are the same and mostly flat to slight slope. The bunker sand is a little on the older side and has a little bit of a dirt mixture but hey they're hazards and you're not supposed to be in them. The pace of play was blazing we were the only ones out so I can't say what it's like at other times. We had a gift certificate so we played for free but it's a resort so it can be a little on the pricy side nothing too bad though. When we were there the regular weekend rate was $80 the sign in the golf shop said.

Over all I'd say if you want to go on a little road trip and check out a new course, don't mind paying resort prices, this might not be a bad spot. I've played golf all over North America both as an amateur and professionally, seven springs didn't blow me away nor did it make me regret going.

Hidden Valley, Pennsylvania