Wedgewood Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Architect Jim Blaukovitch (2000)

New course

First time playing here, got 18 in about 3 hours. In pretty good shape for coming out of winter, bunkers need some work and the greens have been aerated and topped. Not much bounce just a little slow on the putts.

Commented on 03/18/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Commented on 02/05/2020

Thank you for leaving a review! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Commented on 01/06/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Ty! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

No complaints

Tee boxes, fairways, greens and bunkers were all in above average condition. Good layout with some elevation. Very impressed first time playing here.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Nice course to play

Staff was top notch. Started was professional. Greens were in excellent shape and fast. The oak course was nice with large fast greens.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Horrible shape

I have played this course many times over the last few years. This is the worst shape I have ever seen it. There were dirt patches all throughout the fairways. The greens were in ok shape but on the slower side. The sand traps were the bright spot of the course. Unfortunately I was only in one bunker. This course needs some care

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Great time

First time my wife and I golfed here and we had a great experience. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Prices in the snack shop were very reasonable and good. My wife commented on how lady friendly the course was and really had fun golfing here.

Must play this course

Nice course friendly staff. Fairways, greens are in excellent shape. Off course has a large menu to choose from. The starter was nice and explained the course. Kept things going so you didn't have to wait for each shot. Overall 5 *****

Commented on 10/28/2019

Was a very nice day. Course was in very nice condition. Worth playing was fun as always.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Good course

Good course with greens that are always in great condition. Played from the white tees. Can bomb away and always get a second shot if you miss the fairway. Recovery shots are available. Relatively short course from the whites. Fairways are in good shape except for a few which are spotty. Tee boxes are in good shape. Sand traps actually have sand in them. The weather was outstanding and the golf was enjoyable. Definitely give it a try. The course never fails to impress. Only issue was a little slow play because there were too many twosomes not paired up.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Horrible shape for 54 or even 25 dollars.

I play one or two times a week and have played Wedgwood before. Not my favorite with how short it is but a decent course. With that being said it took me 9 holes to get a decent lie. Everything’s dirt or sand. When I asked the starter about the course he didn’t even answer me. Charged 54 for a course you wouldn’t want to pay 30 for.

Beautiful Day

Great Day of Golf!
greens very good a bit slow.
No one in front of our foursome or behind tee off at 1:12pm
Played the old side which always is fun.
wish I lived closer to play it more

Great open course

First time for my adult son and I. Nice open course. Course was in great shape considering the recent weather. Greens were in great shape. Cart was all electric and comfortable. Staff were helpful. Not too crowded for a Sunday afternoon.

Would highly recommend and will be returning.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Greens were excellent. Fairways were a.little spotty here and there, but not bad. My only complaint about the course was that it had a few too many short holes. It was a very enjoyable day. I would definitely go back again.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Oak Golf Course at Wedgewood Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Ranger not too informative

My wife and I played this course for the first time, as I told the ranger if there was anything he could tell me to make my round,ore enjoyable, he never mentioned anything about the ditches that bisect several fairways on the Maple course. Also there are no ladies tee boxes as they have to hit off the senior tees. Other than that, we had a good time playing the course and will return again.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Premium course price for a backyard with greens

I've played all three of the Wedgewood 9s before. I do enjoy the track, even though it's short. It does force you to make decisions and play shots if you want to score. The last few times i've played it has gone from an OK course, to a goat track. The greens remain nice, and they were very smooth when putting - the problem is getting there! We stood on the tee and it LOOKED like the course was in good shape. Looked mostly green, but looks can be deceiving for sure. What you don't see until you're up on it is that the fairways and rough hadn't been cut for what looked like 2 weeks. There were HUGE puddles all around the course and stagnant water where mosquitoes were breeding like crazy. Nothing like hitting a drive down the center to have it plugged so far in the ground you can't get it out. This was not at all mentioned when I checked in. If you look in the photos, it's kind of funny because the tee image is what you see and thing "great!" then you get up to your ball and it looks like the 2nd picture - middle of the fairway.

We tried to make the most of the day, but we were playing out of mud and had to move our ball sometimes 20 yards to get to a spot where we could hit it without getting mud flung into our faces. It doesn't seem like the course puts any vermin treatments on the course because the bugs... Oh my goodness, the bugs. We drove the cart through multiple swarms of bugs on every hole, and standing over your ball is terrible - even with Cutter repellant. I"m not sure about the way they put off tee-times either. We booked with the course directly. Got our time, and were put off directly behind another twosome, and had ANOTHER twosome about 4 minutes behind us. All these other comments about being paired up, i don't think they care who's on the course honestly, or where they are. Never saw one marshal. We barely had time to find our drives and hit them and we look back to another group waiting on us. We made it around in 2 hours still but it wasn't much fun waiting on the group in front and having someone up your backside when the rest of the course is empty. We also had to wait on the next 9 first tee (10th hole) because of "double tee times" Whatever that means. I guess that just means that you have no place in line? The staff didnt' seem concerned with our comments of playing out of lakes on the Pine side, then blamed it on "this week of rain" that ended Friday - it was sunday. The course just doesn't drain and they're unapologetic about it. Go play another course in the area. For the same price, you can play some great tracks that are kept in much better shape. Not coming back to this course or any of the other 9s.

Having been to a few Distinct Golf owned courses, i have to say this is a management company issue probably more than a course issue. They seem to have the same issues.

Commented on 10/29/2019

Great course! Friendly staff

Wedge wood had 3 nine hole courses which keeps everything moving. Great layout but very playable and enjoyable.

Commented on 10/29/2019

Nice day for golf

Wedgewood is a course I've always enjoyed. Not too difficult, some surprises.

The staff was excellent. I arrived early but since the course was open they let me start early.

Commented on 06/03/2019

Commented on 12/02/2019

Thank you for the great feedback Randell! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
Allentown, Pennsylvania

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.