Type Public/Municipal

Carts Yes - $16.00

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Indiana Advisor

Fantastic course

Got to squeeze this course into a business trip and I'm glad I picked this place. I'm a fan of Larry Packard courses having played Innisbrook near Tampa (Copperhead) and saw enough good reviews to book here. Great decision!

Tees, fairways, rough, and greens were all good. Personally I'd love to see a course like this get the tees a little more level, but I'm perhaps more picky than most. I loved the layout, lots of mature trees and lots of those bunkers Larry liked to put in play off the tee. Get over those bunkers with a good tee ball & you can find your ball in the garden-spot. Goof that up, you might be punching out of some trees. Larry also likes massive greens & there are plenty of those here; they rolled true and pretty quick.

The back nine moves off the ridge and down toward the lake, and this provided some really cool holes & views to match. I thankfully got paired up with another gent who knew the course, which easily saved me a few shots. With the humps & bumps, downhill shots, etc, having someone help steer your tee shots helped this first timer out a lot. Otherwise you'd be blasting shots in the wrong direction very easily.

I paid 45$ on a Tue and it was worth it. Wonderful facility, great design, great views. Will be even better in a few weeks when the leaves turn. My playing partner called it a hidden gem (it's a county course! ) and he was spot on. I'll be back if I can.

Excellent County Course

This course was a great value for the money. I had heard good things about this course, but didn't know quite what to expect. For a county course, the fairways and greens were in excellent condition. The staff was very friendly, and the practice area was generous. The course layout provided large greens, but they were fast and the slope provided quite a bit of challenge for a mid handicapper.

The only complaint I have is the pace of play. Since there is no starter on the course, golfers are left to their own discretion for starting their tee time, which led to some congestion. The range officer came by to remind people to keep up the pace, but it seemed to extend far in front of our group. The slow play allowed us to take in the views of Pewaukee lake, which was a small consolation. Our front 9 took 3 hours to complete, but we skipped a break at the turn and were able to finish the back 9 in under 90 minutes.

I would definitely recommend playing, if you have the patience, it is definitely a delightful course.

NOTE: the weather was perfect for our Saturday tee time at ~8:50AM. Other times would likely be less busy, and thus reduce the slow play accordingly.

NICE!!!

Really nice course in a nice area. My group hit balls on a range next to the 1st tee and when our group was called, just walked across the cart path and wacked away. Liked that.
Lots of trees. You need to hit the ball straight, or leave the big stick covered.
I played it on Friday and was talking it up to my playing partners on monday. Several had played it, and others had heard of it. All said positive things!
Will definitely take the hour and 20 minute drive to play again with a new group.

Good course

Nice course. Tee box on hole 14 has one of most beautiful views in the county. Course is well played. Greens tend to run a bit slow for my taste.

Pewaukee, Wisconsin