1.5
2 reviews

Year Built 1966
Architect George Fazio (1966)

Restaurant

Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Course condition sub par

Have played Downingtown several times in the past. I was not impressed for the $60 price tag. I'd play this course for max $45. I played the Black tees, and the tee boxes were like hitting out of the rough and not well maintained.

Fairways also felt like the first cut of rough. Thankfully the greens were in decent shape. The course had double booked several tee times resulting in a 30 minute delay in tee time from 3:30 to 4.

I'd recommend walking this course instead of paying the extra $ for the cart.

Staff, Price, etc

Of all the golf course’s I play. This is my least favorite. I like playing everywhere. A majority of the staff are well below par. From the rude guys checking you in from the parking lot to some rude workers in the Proshop. The starters are 50/50. no hello, how are you., nothing. You are treated as though you do not belong there and then you get a Marshall that tells you to hurry up when your on the second tee box. Being in a foursome and taking maybe 10 minutes to play a hole is pretty average for a course that charges $77.50. I played board run the same week and paid $75.00, the difference between the courses is night and day. I wouldn’t pay more then $40.00 to play this course.
I have played this course with my family many times and the only reason I play here is because my family members have already picked there or are MEMBERS.

GREAT COURSE

Rainy day, but we still got 9 holes in. Course was in good shape aside from being wet. Greens were in really good condition.o

ASGA Phildelphia Championship Tournament

Thirty men and women from our Philadelphia American Singles Golf Association Chapter enjoyed golf and dining at the Downingtown Country Club. This group of golfers enjoy playing golf almost every weekend throughout the golfing season at various local golf courses. Our chapter is an official USGA golf club w/o real estate.

The Downingtown Country Club was picked as the course for our championship tournament. This course was chosen for its challenging features and great condition.

Good local course to play with a junior

Kids play free with a paying adult. So we often bring our son to play here.

It's easy enough for young beginners to play, yet challenging for adults.

I'm not picky.

Despite the work that the greens keepers were doing, I loved playing the course. We were done in 3 hours at a leisurely pace from the blues. 17 is a dandy!

Aerated mess

Greens and tee boxes were a mess from aeration. Play the course a few times a year and I think every time they have aerated. Just don’t know how they charge what they do for that crap. Not worth playing unless you get a deal.

Good course - needs more care

It was a good round overall - the greens are good, and the holes well structured. However the overall maintenance of the course needs to be improved (There were areas with rocks strewn all over, bad tee off areas)- specifically compared to the price charged by the course.

Disappointed

Have played this several times before, but not in at least 2 years. I was taking my grandson out for a round of golf and told him what a nice course we were going to play.
We were both very disappointed in the condition of the course. I understand it had been a hit, dry summer. But other public courses in the area (Honey Brook, Wyncote) receive heavy play and still have fairways with excellent grass cover. Downingtown has a nice layout and challenging holes. I paid $100 to play there. I would recommend management put some money back into the course and return it to the nice course it used to be.

Disappointed

I have played this course before and enjoyed the experience. However, this time around, not so much. In general the course was not in very good condition. When you hit the ball in the fairway you expect to hit off grass. Not always the case. The pace of play was fair but we did wait for the group ahead of us fairly often. I think the course is over-priced for the quality of the product. I would definitely go to Honey Brook, as I will my next time around.

Needs to mow the course

Booked this course as a something different place to play. Quickly found out that mowing fringes and greens are optional and they choose not to. Fringes were as long as the rough and patchy to boot. The greens were easily the slowest I’ve played all year, I’ve played fairways that were mown tighter then these greens. The holes are close together and someone hitting into your hole thinks yelling fore is optional and not necessary in most cases. I can’t believe they have memberships and higher daily fee rates and aren’t held to a higher standard. I would never be a member of a course that keeps the course in these conditions. One bright spot is the tavern after the round. Don’t play golf and just go for lunch.

Plays Once a year

Expected More for $70

Love the layout because of the variety of holes. Greens were receptive and rolled very nicely. Sand traps were also very good. Pace of play was very good and a ranger keeps things moving along. My group was told to pick it up but not in a stern way — which is how it should be. The tee boxes and some of the fairways need some TLC and for $70 (before 7:30 on the weekend) — my group expected more. There are too many other options within 45 minutes to warrant coming to Downingtown any time soon. I should note the service in the 19th Hole is exceptional (kudos to Sara)!!!

Downingtown Review

If you want to play an over-priced round of golf where the rangers constantly badger you about pace of play the entire time, look no further. We had a ranger tell us to pick the pace up even after we were 10 minutes ahead of pace with no one in front or behind us. Conditions here used to be solid but since Jawarski purchased it’s really gone down hill. Best advice would be to look for another course to play golf. Honey brook and Broad Run are nearby and much better courses.

I love this course. Not overly challenging, yet not too easy. Just right. Conditions are always good. Staff is super friendly and inviting. I didn't have the chance to eat there yet but it's on the to do list. I've never had a bad experience here, haven't been up in a while so it was nice to see the experience is still wonderful.

Great Course!

This is always a fun course. Conveniently located and appropriately priced.

EJE-D-TownCC

One of my favorite courses. Greens just punched so putting was a problem but only temporary and price seemed to be adjusted for it. Once the greens heal, I highly recommend the course.

Great day

Under 3 1/2 hour round, very windy day, course was in pretty good shape considering the wet winter we had this year.

Exton, Pennsylvania