Red/White at Ives Grove Golf Links

Ives Grove Golf Links
Scorecard for Red/White
Blue M: 72.8/130 400 410 165 390 560 200 410 425 530 3490 530 180 390 445 525 455 390 180 380 3475 6965
White M: 70.5/124 370 380 140 360 530 180 380 395 500 3235 500 155 360 415 495 425 360 155 350 3215 6450
Yellow M: 68.0/118 W: 73.5/128 340 350 120 330 500 150 350 365 470 2975 470 125 330 385 465 395 330 125 320 2945 5920
Red W: 70.4/121 440 120 300 355 435 365 300 120 290 2725 310 320 115 300 440 120 320 330 440 2695 5420

Year Built 1970
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect David Gill

Clubs No

Foggy Monkey

As I got closer to the golf course off of I-94 I could see playing the early holes would be a challenge in dense, pea soup, fog. I had I a 6:30 Tee time & walked into the pro shop at precisely 6:30 a.m. . although I booked a tee time at 6:30 I thought I'd be playing with a twosome as there were only two tee times at that time of my booking. I went out to the First Tee with a hundred feet of visibility. I teed up my Chrome soft lower than usual to limit offline strikes. I hit a low bullet down left side of the Fairway.the greens were phenomenal today and the dampness of the day could not interrupt the Glorious round I enjoyed pretty darn nice an overlooked golf facility. everytime I'm there on an early morning there are workers on the course making sure the greens are perfect and bunkers manicured to perfection. I've been playing here for 35yrs and it never gets old. I alternate rounds playing from the blues and the whites and it's a different course from each Tee box. I look forward to the next 35 years.

Wish the green smoother

The greens didn’t get roll early in the morning. It’s fairly slow.

Plays Twice a year

Disappointing

The course was not in very good condition and the pace of play was slow.

Response from Ives Grove Golf Links on 07/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Ives Grove Golf Links, in the Sturtevant, Wisconsin area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Slow play, poor course condition

Took 5 hrs to finish the round. And the course looked so dried out in most areas but soggy in some other areas

Response from Ives Grove Golf Links on 07/18/2018:
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Here at Ives Grove, we are always looking to improve, and we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the slow play was part of your experience, and we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the course conditions. Our staff will keep working to have the course in shape. Thank you again for the review, and we hope to see you back.
Response from Ives Grove Golf Links on 07/13/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Play as of Wednesday.

The greens where in very good condition . They were slower then they had been previously. The fairways had bee cut and the rough was not overly long. The pace of play seemed somewhat slow with a threesome ahead of us and a fivesome ahead of them. However, we still played the course in a little over four hours. Both my partner and I will play the course again.

Nice

Pace was a little slow. Ahead of us were 2-walkers and after 2 golfers that had a cart. right before us.

Great course, great people

Course is good, open, not too tough, but in good shape. The difference, is the staff is great. Give it a shot if you are in the area it is worth it.

I like it here

Good layout, challenging. And just fun. Only downside is the 2 holes right on the highway. Have not played the blue course yet however.

Great greens

Course has 3 nines with challenging dog-legs and quick greens. Friendly staff and nice lunch counter.Great value and fun golf. Take customers there when you don't want them to loose a lot of balls!

Pace of play is a problem

Allowing 5 somes on a busy course with slow players who refuse to let faster groups play thru is a game breaker

Response from Ives Grove Golf Links on 05/18/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Ives Grove Golf Links, in the Sturtevant, Wisconsin area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the breaker so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Ives Grove Golf Links on 04/10/2018:
Hello Mike, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

One Man Scramble..

Booked the tee time, got a great rate. They had a one-man scramble I wouldn't going on before the tee time there were only two groups ahead of me and I joined another single to form a two-some. My tee time was pushed back about 20 minutes as I was told there was a one-man scramble in progress. I realize you can't have everything covered as far as warning people of groups on the course, that being said we had to wait on every tee box. The course condition was excellent they recently aerated but the greens were very puttable. The fairways, tee boxes and bunkers were excellent as usual. This course is well worth your time and drive as it is consistently in great shape. The staff there is always friendly and accommodating.

Wonderful

This was my first time playing this course. When me and my buddy got there, we were told it could be 30 more minutes before we could tee off as there was an outing heading out. Didn't know that beforehand which was a bummer but just went to the putting green to practice. We weren't there more than 2 minutes and the guy from the clubhouse came out and told us to start on hole 4, then come back and play 1-3 as by that time the outing would be done. It couldn't of worked out any better and I couldn't thank that man enough for offering that suggestion! Course was very wide open, so driving wasn't hard but a ton of bunkers. I caught a few of them and a few of the holes have water in play so you do have to keep it straight. Overall, I loved it and the kind suggestion from the worker will draw me back to this course. Only problem, not one time did the drink/food cart come by so when I got back to the clubhouse had to go inside to buy something. Not a big deal just surprising since it was a Saturday. Thanks!

Sturtevant, Wisconsin