View of the 18th hole par-5 at Golden Oaks Golf Club

Golden Oaks Golf Club in Fleetwood, Pa. is considered one of Berks County's finest courses with a four-star rating from Golf Digest, which also named it as one of the top "Places to Play." It was voted the "Best Public Course" by readers of Berks County Magazine. Designed by local architect Jim Blaukovitch, the golf course has a classic design that appeals to players of all skill levels. The course has wide, inviting fairways but there are also some challenges provided by the rolling terrain, featuring elevation changes that range from subtle to dramatic. Be prepared for a variety of uphill, downhill, and sidehill lies. Trees line Golden Oaks Golf Club's fairways and strategically placed bunkers protect the greensides. The golf course has some tricky holes but it's not overly punishing for the high handicapper.

Golden Oaks Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Architect Jim Blaukovitch (1994)

Credit Cards Accepted Major credit cards are accepted.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Showers, Locker Rooms

Too bad it’s not closer

I wouldn’t play anywhere else if it were closer. Tee box, greens, fairways and rough were well above average for a public course under $100. Liked the layout a lot too. Challenging but fair.

You will enjoy every hole

Worth the hour and a half ride course in very good shape greens were fast try it you won't regret it.

Golden oaks

I haven’t played this course in a few years as it’s a 90 min ride, but was still how I remembered it, great condition, fast greens , as they were just rolled this morning, only down point was leaves, took us awhile to find balls periodically! If your near this course and haven’t played it, do your self a favor and play it!!

Love this course, don’t get to play it often since it’s about an hour drive. But it is definitely one of my favorites in the area though, nice long holes and perfect greens.

Fast Greens

The course was in very good condition. Greens were fast and turf in good shape. Traps did not have rakes, so they are playing place your ball due to covid. Great round but expect some 3 putts on these fast greens.

Disappointing Experience

We have played Golden Oaks numerous times and have always had a great experiences; however, our most recent visit was extremely disappointing. Our foursome was on a tee box waiting to tee off when two balls were hit into us one striking one of our party. When the foursome approached us they admitted to not saying FOUR. When we reminded them of golfer etiquette they became verbally abusive and combative threatening members of our party. They told us to go play at another local course. The foursome at fault included a Golden Oaks employee as well as Berks County junior golf champions. This type of behavior is not what you should expect on this caliber of course.

Commented on 10/20/2020

Hello, and thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We are sorry to see that your experience with us was anything less than 5-stars. Please know that we take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Feel free to reach out to our management team at (610) 944-6000 for further resolution in this matter. Thank you for playing Golden Oaks Golf Club. We hope to hear from you soon.

First time playing here

The thing that amazed our group the most, was how fast the greens are.The staff was excellent ,along with the course, restaurant, etc. We will definitely come back to enjoy this great course again.

Solid course - Bunkers need help

Played on a Wednesday afternoon. Nice wide fairways. Pretty large greens that were lightning fast but consistent. Some of the holes seemed repetitive but still an interesting layout. The bunkers were not good. Wet, muddy, and gravely sand. They could all use a redo with fine, beach sand. Conditions on the rest of the course were pretty good. A few bare spots in some fairways but nothing terrible. I enjoyed the round and would have no problems playing it again. Pace of play was a bit slow but the weather was really nice and the place was packed so not a lot that could be done to help that.

Beautiful course in good shape

The course is really beautiful and in great shape. Greens really too fast for my taste, but in good shape unlike many others we have played. Would have given 5 stars total except for the really slow pace on the back nine. Took 3 hours which is way too long on a weekday. Could have used a Marshall.

Never book on Golf Advisor

So with pending tropical storm you can not change your date or tee times you are stuck. After this I would never book through this website!

Commented on 10/14/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our management team at (610) 944-6000. Thank you for playing Golden Oaks Golf Club.

Great Spot

Great layout, greens roll amazingly well, good pace of play, all around great spot. I wish it was closer, but then I am glad that it’s not, because it would be more money, and be mobbed.

Great course set up and fast greens

I recently played here on a Friday and really enjoyed myself. My tee time was at 12:30 and got out on time. I thankfully was paired up with another guy who’d played the course before and he gave me some good tips. The course was in great shape, and since it’s been a dry fall the greens were hard and fast. My only issue was that we started to wait on the tees at 6, and it only got worse as the round went further on. By the time we got to the turn we stopped and grabbed food and drinks at the turn that were well priced and decent shack food instead of going into the restaurant. While waiting for our order we realized that there was a threesome, a foursome, and a twosome all on the tenth hole. My new friend asked if I would be willing to go back and play the front again. I reluctantly said yes, because I am not a fan of waiting over every shot. We asked the starter and he accommodated our request and said we should be clear for the front again. Well, he was wrong almost instantly. We were waiting again on the second tee for the second time for the day. End of story I only got to play the front nine, (twice) and our round took over 4 and a half hours. When packing up my bag a group came to the car next to me, and when asked their starting time was a full hour before mine. I guess it worked out, but a 5 and a half hour round on a fall afternoon is unacceptable. Not once did we see a ranger and obviously this course is overbooking itself without regards to the time of the player. I will play here again, because the nine o played were in great shape And the price was great and I’ve heard the back was even better. I just wish I would’ve have had a chance to play it.

The course was in excellent shape the greens and tees were perfect.

Fast greens - great conditions!

Golden Oaks is in great shape. Greens are fast but very fair.

Kutztown, Pennsylvania