The Links at Gettysburg is close to some of the most historic Civil War locations in the country.

The Links at Gettysburg sprawls across rolling hills situated near the hallowed grounds where the defining battle of the Civil War took place. The golf course wages a formidable challenge itself, featuring 35 steep rock cliffs where the stone-lined tee boxes are perched and 10 lakes and waterfalls that come into play throughout. Red rock cart paths give a contrast to the lush greens and sparkling blue waters. The dramatic elevations allow golfers to enjoy stunning views of the surrounding countryside but the scenery can be almost too distracting since the demanding layout requires all of your attention. Be prepared for a bevy of strategically placed bunkers as well as mature trees. With the challenging layout and unrivaled views, it is no surprise that the Links at Gettysburg is ranked as one of the top 10 golf courses in Pennsylvania.

The Links at Gettysburg

Year Built 1999
Architect Lindsay Ervin (1999)

Dress code Proper golf attire is required, no denim of any color is permitted

Banquet Facilities

Solid Course

I haven’t played here for a few years and it was better than I remembered. Greens were in great shape. Bunkers were raked although the sand here is tricky to get up and down. Fairways have a great reaction to them although sometimes wet in areas. COVID precautions seemed a little relaxed, mainly cart cleanliness. Overall, nice value for a weekend holiday round. I will come back in the future.

Stay in the fairway

Course was in great condition for the most part. A few areas under repair, but overall in great shape. Lots of hills in both the fairway and rough. If you’re not on the fairways, you could lose many balls. It will test every part of your game.

Institution of Racism

Never again will I visit this Institution of Racism……..
As an avid golfer, my group of golfers (all African American) decided we want to play a nice course to reward ourselves for Father’s Day. This year we chose the Links at Gettysburg, based on the reviews and the reputation we thought it would be a great place to enjoy a quality course for Father’s Day. Please do not get me wrong the course was fantastic- the layout and the course conditions were worth the $80 per person we paid to play that morning.
As we prepared for our 10:30am tee time we were impressed with everything we seen to include the homes surrounding the course and wonderful views. It was not until we got to the first tee box that this experience was one that would severely change our moods, minds, and opinions.
Like most courses, there was a starter(course assistant) to tell you all about the course and some of the difficulties you can face to include the layout, hazards, and suggestions for some great shots. Our assistant Ed was AWESOME and knowledgeable of the course. While teeing off we noticed a vehicle driving swiftly towards the raised 1st tee box and make a U-turn sharply at the last second into a parking spot closest to us. (Which was at the end of the parking lot where no other cars were parked). The driver jumped out the car and headed towards our group on the first tee where he approached us directly. (Note: He had no company uniform items on at all. Only regular clothes, non-golf attire). He was clearly upset and began speaking aggressively towards our group as if he had an issue with us. Later he was identified by the course assistant to be the temporary head grounds keeper.
While his message should have been a simple reminder that the starter would have said-please fix your divots! Instead, this guy says to us, “we’ve had a problem with people f*cking up the course and not fixing the s#it, so the members, management and other players are really getting fed up with people f@cking up the course, so we’ll appreciate if you fix your divots…...
As a 37-year-old African American man(husband, father, and tax paying citizen) and the youngest in my foursome, I had a HUGE issue with him approaching and cussing at us to convey a message that was not covered by the starter. As I looked around the 10:40 tee time group (all Caucasians) was on the blue tee’s preparing to tee off once we were done. Yet he chose to come to us the only black group on the course at 10:30am to tell us a message that should have been said to every tee time starting since 7am that day.
After the guy speaks, I look directly to Ed our starter to ask him if this was normal for the course and why it is happening to us. As he looks up with a completely red face from embarrassment, he says No, we are all about hospitality and what he said is not a reflection of the course. The only other reason for this to happen to us on this day and time was because we were a group of black golfers and he assumed we could not play golf without messing up this nice course. After stating that to this guy, he responds that we are ignorant among other things and then turns to the 10:40 tee time group to talk but was met with volatile arguments and disgust based on how he picked and talked to us without regards of professionalism as a course employee or general respect for another.
Ed our starter was able to get things cooled down with the guy and the other group so we could finally get started. It took 4 holes before we could calm completely to be able to focus on playing golf. The incident was reported by Ed to the manager and Ed made it a point to find us on the 4th tee to tell us to stop in the club house at the “turn’ to speak to the manager because what happened to us was not right.
The course did acknowledge and tried to make good of the situation because they gave us all a pass for a free round of golf anytime ($320 value). We were still terribly upset with being humiliated by being racially profiled and picked on by the temporary head groundskeeper. I will never go back after traveling an hour to get there and paying $80 per person to be treated less than equal.
The issue I have with Links at Gettysburg, is that after completing 9 holes this guy was still employed at the course and the same can be said when we completed 18 holes. As if this situation did not happen, this guy kept his job at the course because he was still there after 4 ½ hours. What that said to me and everyone in both tee time groups(black/white), is that the course was fine with this kkkind of treatment to African Americans.
We were all on time, dressed appropriately, paid to play, and are low handicap players. This happened on the first tee, so the guy never got to see how good/bad a player we were. He had no other reason to come to US and disrespect US with his ignorance.
All Minorities-if you want to be treated as an equal, DON’T GO HERE!!!!!!!

Fantastic day!

Great round...make this a “must play” if you are doing the Raspberry Trail.

A Shotmakers Course

Used just about every club in my bag in this interesting layout. Requires course management on most holes, not just pulling out a driver on every tee. Course knowledge really helps here. Second time playing this course and still trying to figure out best way to play some holes. Several beautiful and memorable holes with lots of brown rock faces. Fast greens and nicely groomed fairways. Friendly staff. Worth the drive.

Links @ gberg

Great course conditions. Green in good shape. Pace of play was okay. Overall excellent value. Highly recommend.

Enjoyable start to finish

First time playing here , The course layout and conditions were darn near excellent. Other than some really hard sand traps that needed a good raking , I enjoyed the layout, greens and views. Actually the hard sand-traps helped me more than hurt me on this round. I shoot an 80. Teed off from the Blue Tees on the front 9 and then the white tees on the back 9 for a total yardage just under 6,400 yds.
I was alone first thing in the morning and played an un-rushed round in 2 hrs and 20 minutes.

Had an unofficial Eagle on a Par 4 from 157 yds out. I knew I was on the green and very close to the pin , but it was not until I approached the elevated green did I see my ball resting on the "inverted cup" which is extremely harder to do than with a normal cup drop . It was unofficial because it was a "re-hit" after I duffed the prior shot. I played the duff shot and managed a one-putt par. That "eagle" on my score card would have been awesome. I had No "double boogies" today and I saved par on the 18th with a 12 ft putt.
I highly recommend this course. There are some holes lines with large homes, but it does not take away for the beauty of the environment . I will be back, but because I scored so well, its likely I will let this set for awhile as I doubt I could improve on this experience.
Other courses that I have loved and scored average to below average have had me back sooner , knowing I could do better. Today .......I will reflect and hold on to this wonderful memory a bit longer.

must see and play

great layout, excellent conditions. worth seeing and playing

A beautiful Golf Day

I want to come back again and again to this beautiful lay out. It has every thing: water hazards, thick roughs, elevation changes, play longs, dog leg right and left. It has some interesting lay out. It will challenge you and you will utilized all the clubs in your bag.

Nice but needs work

Beautiful community and scenery. Holes 1 and 2 are complicated layup doglegs which will bottleneck when crowded. Fairways are beautiful thick and dense. Greens are excellent.
There is not enough mowing of tall grasses near the greens and fairways, making the course much narrower
then needed.
Biggest complaint is bunkers and traps. They are trying to use a clay product which in some cases is like hitting off of a road. (Ironic, since the best sand in the tri-state comes from Reistertown 20 minutes away)

Great Public Course

I have played this course 4 times now and it never disappoints. There are some interesting holes with great rock work. Nice homes surrounded some holes but not enough to make the country views spectacular. Highly recommend if you have not played it give it a try. Country Club quality.

Live 160 miles away but it was well worth the drive. The course was in great shape, beautiful views, challenging yet very fun. Would definitely recommend!

Links at Gettysburg Worth the Drive

I ventured out to the Links at Gettysburg for the first time. I found the course to be in great shape, with some really memorable and scenic holes, and an overall fun experience. I'm don't hit my drives really far, so I chose to play the members tees (green) instead of the white tees. I felt the members tees were a little bit too easy for my play, so next time I'm going to give the white tees a try. I really enjoyed the round and I certainly will put the Links at Gettysburg on my list. The course is a member of the Raspberry Golf Trails, so that is a bonus for those players that are a member.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi, We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Links at Gettysburg. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 05/11/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Nice course, good condition

Friendly staff, course a little wet but overall in good condition. Greens are smooth but putt a little slow

Handicap play

I have a neurological disorder and cart path only play without offering handicap flag. No mention of this on the phone. The staff basically asked my tee time as they are busy so want to open the slot. I got a very nice salutation of “Well, maybe next time”.
So if you can’t walk long distances don’t bother coming here.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania