Meadowbrook Golf Club

Indoor practice facilities: No
Simulator: No

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Green (W) 72 5060 yards 69.8 119

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include bunkers water hazards narrow fairways   Great for drinks

"Soooooo happy!"

scamner's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2017

I used to play here a good amount starting about 6 years ago. This course has one of the most interesting layouts you are likely to ever see, so it was always a treat. Over the last few years the conditions went way down. My last round just over 2 years ago ended after 4 holes with a demand for my money back. I saw the recent reviews and went ahead and gave it a shot. THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the new owners!!! It's not 100% yet. I would say a solid 75%, but that is enough to really enjoy it and to see the direction it is going. The main remaining issues are the bunkers, front 9 tee boxes and (ok small point) the cart path. The bunkers are the worse part. Basically cart path with dirt on it. The tee boxes on the front a pretty bad, so tee it up and the cart paths, well, I'm sure those will be taken care of eventually. Beyond that stuff, it's SO MUCH BETTER. You can now play it and enjoy a good round again. The greens are much, much better and the fairways are very good as well. Anyone reading this, GO PLAY THERE and get some more money into the place so it can be the gem it deserves to be. Also, the guy in the pro shop was super nice. Another "fix" over the last time I was there for sure. I WILL BE BACK!!!

"Incredibly Improved!!!"

jraraa19's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2017

This golf course actually closed in late 2015. It was taken over in February 2016 by a man who is in the business of renovating golf courses that are going in the wrong direction. It was in a horrible condition. He has done an incredible job of turning the course around and beginning to bring it back to prominence. All but one green and the putting green are in remarkable condition. He has overseeded the tees, fairways and greens with winter rye and even the Bermuda is on the rebound. By mid-summer this course will be approaching a 5 star rating. The Pro Shop personnel are as friendly as you'll find anywhere. Divots Cafe has opened in the dining area and features breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's quite good! A new Superintendent and his staff are quickly making this the best public golf course in the Gainesville area. It's an extremely challenging layout and fits the low handicapper to high handicapper needs for a fun round of golf. I love playing this course!

"Breathing Life Into Old Gem"

flametrain's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This course is getting better every day, it's a work in progress but it's fun to play and the best rates around.

"Course coming back!!!"

dtmonroe's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Chris and his crew are hard at work bringing this course back to its great condition after abuse by previous tenants!!! Support this course to help the golfing community of Gainesville!!!

"Wonderful layout, but needs TLC"

Denise7827470's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/23/2015

I come to Gainesville once or twice a year to visit family. I like playing the local courses to support the local economy. I played Meadowbrook back in April even though the reviews weren't favorable. I understood it was under new management so I figured I would give it a try. I love the layout of this course. It has challenging water holes, a nice rolling hill feel. It has so much potential and is a diamond in the rough that needs someone with a love for the game to come in and make it what it should be! I played it again this time to see if improvements had been made. Unfortunately, I see no improvements on the condition. I'm hoping that some constructive criticism is helpful to the owners. The fairways need to be mown regularly and cleared of the ant hills; the tee boxes need some seeding; the greens need seeding, mowing/cutting so you can actually putt; and the bunkers need to be cleaned out and more sand added.

I would love to recommend this course, but unfortunately I can't until I see it have improvements made. The staff needs to work on their customer service skills (yes, people like to practice before playing, so clean range balls should be available), appearance (golfers usually wear a collared shirt), and they need to show me that they care about this course. I suggest they go out and play it themselves, if they're even golfers. We golfers love our game and are very passionate about it. Perhaps go watch 'The Greatest Game Ever Played', or some rounds on the Golf Channel if you're going to watch TV in the clubhouse. I'll continue to play this course when I visit my family here in Gainesville, and I truly hope to be able to recommend this course to others at some point. Please, please, get out there and make this course what it should be! It would be such a shame not to see that happen!

"Absolutely the worst course we have EVER tried to play."

leader123's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

Paid for 18 holes and left after 9 due to the course conditions being so bad. Not only was the course bad but the staff ( if you can call them that) was very RUDE. They gave the impression that it was fine with them if we left after nine holes We found it quiet ironic that the course was in such bad condition but they had three people in a pond retrieving balls. They actually rode, what looked like fairly new machinery to this pond.. Greens were not puttable at all. Fairways were mostly dirt. Even at a dirt cheap price I do not recommend play at this course.

"This course should be closed!!"

Louis6465027's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2015

Everything about this so called course was horrible!<br/> The fairways were ridiculous not mowed mostly weeds like a cow pasture! The greens a joke more like sands and weeds! Do Not Play this Golf Course!(I hesitated to even call it a Golf Course!)

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Worst course I have ever seen"

yamaguchi's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2015

This place should not be called a golf course. Greens in puttable, bunkers full of grass, no fairways just tall grass. Never play this course. Staff busy watching tv. What a joke of a place. Fire ant mounds everywhere.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"WOW, DONT WASTE ANY MONEY AT THIS PLACE!"

Michael3863228's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Just a quick rundown: Grass not mowed, greens are worst I have ever seen(can't put on them), Ants everywhere, Extra random large holes in the middle of the fairways( putt-putt course?) They would have to pay me to go back there!!!

"Awesome course layout."

uQJWJ6408QJ's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2015

Awesome course layout...needs a lot...a lot of work...the greens are mostly nonexistent. ..had to chip on the green on most holes...talk about an altered course...in prime condition it is a place to golf...for now...it is not.

"They should just close"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2015

Probably the worse course I have ever played condition wise. I paid $10 for 18 and a cart and feel like I got ripped off.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"Course needs a lot of work"

kyle7074445's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/13/2015

This course is in horrible shape.. Greens are bad. Needs a ton of work..

"Course is coming Back"

MsHoop's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Average weather

I was at this course a year ago, seen pics of it in January and the course showed a lot of come back from when it was taken over Oct 2014. When their Dad had a heart attack in March they went back to Michigan for his surgery and recovery time. In the mean time they thought they left the course in good hands with their manager Bob, but he destroyed the greens. They put Miracle Gro Plant Food on the greens then covered them with about 3 inches of sand which as the golfers have seen the greens were burnt and died off. So they have had to start back to square one, and because they have been putting all their time on recovering the greens their bunkers have paid for it. They are just asking for a chance to show you that they are trying to bring the course back to a playing course. All the negativity they are getting some are from honest golfers other are by golfers that have not set foot on the course and those are the ones that are hateful. They work from dawn to Dark on this course, and putting a lot of sweat an time into this and just once they would like to hear that they are making a difference and that changes can be seen not coming in an telling them that they are a***holes and worthless is not what any human being wants to hear. They are having an anniversary special this weekend Oct 9-11 with 18 holes for $10 and on game day special with wings and beer. Stopped in play a round let them know that they are making a difference and give them a smile and keep up the good work. Yes they still have a lot do do but give them a chance give them encouragement not put downs with name calling

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"not a good course"

van7448179's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Overgrown rough. The greens have little to no grass. The staff was rude and not helpful at all. At the snack bar, the person who was supposed to work was sitting in a lounge chair watching a movie instead of helping customers. They recently added foot golf also, Not conducive to a decent round of golf.

"DON'T PLAY HERE"

bigkirky's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

TH LAY OUT IS GREAT, IT NEEDS A LOT OF TLC !!! THE GREENS ARE THE WROST EVER !!! I DID LOVE THE LAYOUT OF THE HOLES !!!!!!

"Worst Course"

bslack's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

There was no Grass on the Greens, Fairways were not Mowed. This course was the worst!!! You can forgive some things but when you cant even try to make a put it SUCKS!!

"oh my"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2015

Played here yesterday for first time and wow. I have never seen a course with greens this bad. Wasn't sure if I was at golf course or a beach. Played first 9 and had enough. The layout is ok a little tight but fair. No difference between fairways and rough. I would say this course is no different than a typical backyard. I will not be back and do not recommend anyone else do so either. It is worth couple extra dollars to go to ironwood.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Meadowbrook Golf Course"

JoeV15's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2015

This course should not be open for play. The playing conditions were the worst I have ever seen in my life. The greens were so damaged that I stopped over my first putt and just laughed my way to a three putt. The fairways were unkept not mowed in some time but it would not have mattered as they were as horrendous as the greens. After three holes we quit and I went back to voice my opinion and was then told that the irrigation system had not been operable for two weeks. This course had more than two weeks of neglect. The owners/managers were polite enough and apologetic but the day was ruined. They did refund our money and I feel sorry for them if they are looking at this as an investment. DO NOT PLAY!

"love the layout of the course"

Plays:  Once a year

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2015

Fairways not mowed ,greens have very little grass if any. Overall condition 1-10. I give it a 1. Like playing in a cow pasture. Will not be returning.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"You get what you pay for!!!"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2015

The course is in horrible shape. The owner or owners need to put some money back into the course. It's a great layout just in really bad shape. I read the reviews but I had no idea it would be as bad as it was. I will not play there again for any price.