Woodloch Springs Country Club

Type Semi-Private/Resort
PGA Family-Gold 73 3524 yards
PGA Family-Blue 73 2106 yards
Scorecard for Woodloch Springs||
Gold M: 73.1/123 400 380 558 167 316 408 499 162 396 3286 524 354 346 357 577 160 386 154 435 3293 6579
Black M: 70.7/121 384 346 514 149 311 386 492 150 380 3112 483 329 322 331 507 145 348 137 359 2961 6073
Green M: 69.2/119 W: 71.2/121 350 336 502 143 287 374 439 141 328 2900 439 322 314 326 501 134 341 126 320 2823 5723
White M: 65.9/107 W: 67.9/111 275 298 479 131 277 332 359 116 210 2477 414 269 239 285 424 84 245 92 215 2267 4744
Yellow M: 64.0/105 W: 65.0/109 304 290 200 130 175 210 250 120 175 1854 200 269 175 190 200 84 245 92 215 1670 3524
Blue W: 64.0/108 180 125 100 80 130 160 60 110 105 1050 110 180 90 150 100 84 130 92 120 1056 2106

Year Built 1992
Architect Rocky Roquemore (1992)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Woodloch Golf Academy"
Golf Simulator Yes

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Dress code Proper golf attire is required on the golf course, driving range and putting green at all times. No cutoffs, short shorts, tennis shorts, jeans of any kind, tank tops, track shorts or halter tops are allowed and proper footwear is required.

PA's Hidden Gem

Woodloch is in an isolated area of the Northern Poconos. Despite the location its worth the drive to play it! The course is not overly long (6500 from the tips, just over 6000 from blacks) so you don't have to be a bomber to get around. The elevation changes and contoured greens present the biggest challenge. Despite being located in the woods the course is relatively wide open. The most likely places to lose a ball are on the Par 5s due to forced carries.

The Par 5s at Woodloch are the weak link imo. Most reasonable hitters must layup off the tee on at least two of them. All 4 are visually impressive but below average in terms of design. The Par 3s might not impress some due to their length (all under 175 yards from tips). I'm a fan of shorter par 3s so I considered it a bit refreshing when so many modern courses have 220 yard behemoths. The par 4s are all awesome imo and easily the strength of the course. 18 is a helluva finishing hole!

The course plays through a community so there's houses and condos all over. Thankfully, they don't crowd the course and are all "upscale". There's also some real adventurous drives between holes. Especially the one from the 13th green to the 14th tee!

Course conditions were very good but could use some refinement. The bunkers were playable not needed a little TLC . The greens were a little slower than I like.

The clubhouse and restaurant are excellent. As is the staff!

Worth the drive

Drove 2 hours knowing how beautiful the course is and anticipating a wide open course due to time of year and day. Arrived a few minutes late, but the staff was great and got me going right away. I was a single was right behind a 4some who pleasantly waved me through. Course was in great shape, other then fairs ways being aerated recently. Played in 2 1/2 hours only going through one other group. This course is so lush, tall pines everywhere and great views everywhere. Such a beautiful place.

A must play course

Tough but fair course. Beautiful views and well maintained. A real pleasure to play but not suited for a beginner.

Great layout and incredible views

This course has a great layout and the fairways are in excellent shape. The greens are being aerated so they were a bit bumpy. The sand traps need lots and lots of work. Overall great day on a beautiful course.

Challenging

Beautiful course, tough greens, unforgiving terrain. If you miss by an inch you could be dead. Good shots can turn bad in a hurry. Driver is not always, if ever the best option. Signature hole is 14. If time permits, hit from the gold and try to carry the 220 yard gorge! Overall it's worth the money at full price (I played there two days in a row, once at full price) so any deal makes it even better!

Better every time!

My family has a house in the Springs, so I have played this course many times and it never gets old. Buy a yardage book! This point cannot be over stated. I have a book that I have used over the years and have marked the different locations for clubbing. But even on your first trip, this book will make your round so much more enjoyable as you will know exact locations and distances of everything. And there is a lot to know. Layup shots are required on many holes because there are carries that even John Daly couldn't hit over. Fairways are in great shape and the course is maintained marvelously. Greens are fast and true.

An excellent course and worth the time and money.

Coarse layout

The score card should have a coarse layout on the card. Challenging yet worth the money maybe the layout can be on the tee of every hole.q

Golf in Heaven

This is what I would expect golf to be like in heaven. The course was in great condition, the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Being our first time playing the course manager gave us a yardage book and tips to navigate us through the course. It was a great experience and can't wait to play there again. Thanks to Golg Now for making the course available.

Philly Advisor

Great layout and good challenge

I enjoyed this course a lot. the layout is challenging and the course very well maintained. Staff was efficient and customer focused. Range balls thrown in, and if you want to practice they have a top notch particle facility. Food cart continued making the rounds even though we were one of the last groups out this weekday evening.

All tee boxes and fairways were in good shape. Greens rolled well, and I'm thankful there was rain overnight and the morning hindering cutting or rolling as I'd have been sparked even worse than I was. I play regular but am not your top player, yet I scored well when I made quality shots. But not pay attention to danger spots behind greens or drop offs if you come up short and you're penalized. It required focus and paying close attanetion to yardage. Had I not had my Garmin G8 approach to estimate layups, I'd have rally done poorly. Even with that several holes did me in on the back nine.

The trees were viewable but not the major hazard, which I appreciated. Views were great and the homes lining the course were usually not in play.

If you haven't figured it out I really loved this course and the challenge it gave me. Best I've played ever, equaling some at Myrtle Beach, in my opinion, and priced better. I like mountain courses and a challenge, and this gave me both. I'll come back again when I can come to the area and try to punish my game again. ☺️

allways a good day great course

bunkers could use some fresh sand but this course is allways a nice experience greens fast but true

Worth the trip

My cousin Bob and I drove down from Great Bend on 4/30/16 and played under overcast skies, with high 50's temps. The course was lightly trafficked, but we were paired with a gentleman by the name of Tom and his young son, John. We thoroughly enjoyed the course and the company. You really need to bring your "A" game here. The course is very hilly and driver can get you in trouble on the par 5's, if you don't know where the trouble is. This is definitely the kind of course you play better at after the second or third time. The greens had been aerated a couple/three weeks earlier and were a little slow and inconsistent, but that's to be expected this early in the season. The carts were gas and well maintained. There is no "walking" this course, unless you're a tri-athlete. Traps were clean and mostly shale free, but the sand is typically coarse. Staff were friendly and the pro shop, bar and snack window were efficient and professional. All in all, it was a great day. Be mindful that the course is out in the middle of nowhere and takes some time on winding, secondary roads to get there.

excellent course!

This is a very hilly course with many forced carries. It will test every club in the bag. It's a course that should be played a number of times to really appreciate. The scorecard will give Tees played/Suggested Hcp. Play from the tees that match your Hcp. and you will enjoy a great round.

Shot makers course

Played from the tips it plays as a quite a challenge. Tees are available for all skill levels. Lots of forced carries and greens have lots of undalation. Not your typical resort course

A tricked up resort layout

3 par fives that force a layup for even the long hitters and a joke for anyone else! An average layout at best and no way as advertised as a traditional layout. Save your money and play somewhere else like the nicklaus layout at great bear!

Beautiful and Challenging Course

Beautiful course, quiet and in great condition. Plan to lose a lot of balls. GPS strongly suggested. The greens are relentless - by far the toughest in the area. Fun course to play, staff was great and the facilities are top notch. You won't be disappointed you came.

Absolutely Beautiful

First time on course but not my last for sure. Me and a friend drove from Westchester, NY. It wasn't easy to find but once we did we loved everything about Woodloch Springs. The staff couldn't be nicer and the course was a blast. I am planning on one more trip before winter.

Awesome golf course.

First class from start to finish. The course was in excellent shape. Great Tee Boxes, cut out fairways, soft sand, excellent greens. Best course I've played all year!!! Only complaint was the pro shop was out of logo balls which was totally ok because that's another reason to get back again for another round. I highly recommend.

Nice Course

Didn't want to spend the 3 hour drive to this course because of the cost. However, the pro was "outta sight" friendly and professional, the staff was great and the food at the restaurant was very good. As for the course, it was tight but every hole had a nice landing area. I'll play it again but from the back tees to see how this changes the character of the course. All in all, it was a very pleasant day. Left at 8 am, played at 1 pm and was home by 8 pm. I'll do it again but not on a regular basis due to the distance. Nice to know that I have a great course in my back pocket.

Beautiful Course

The course was in excellent shape and very playable for both men and women. Definitely not a walking course. Staff was very friendly and had an enjoyable day. We will go back often.

Hawley, Pennsylvania