1.5
1.6
2.6
1.3
1.9

Located in the northwest corner of Dayton, Moss Creek Golf Club offers some of the best greens in the area. They feature challenging cup locations and they putt fast and true. The picturesque landscape is dotted with sparkling lakes that come into play on a few holes. The back nine holes are particularly scenic. The gently rolling terrain has subtle contours that can prove to be quite tricky. The layout definitely has some challenging holes but wide fairways offer some room for error. It will greatly reward long, straight drives though wayward shots are not too severely punished. It is a diverse enough golf course to appeal to all skill levels from beginner to advanced. In addition to the course, Moss Creek also offers one of Dayton's better driving ranges.
Scorecard for Moss Creek
Gold M: 73.9/135 508 375 219 399 516 435 190 399 430 3471 427 199 372 593 396 468 460 164 673 3752 7223
Aqua M: 72.2/132 475 356 193 380 485 419 174 371 409 3262 409 179 345 572 373 438 445 153 600 3514 6776
White M: 69.3/126 W: 75.1/131 449 332 174 358 456 393 157 351 384 3054 376 158 315 545 352 414 420 139 574 3293 6347
Green M: 64.2/115 W: 68.9/118 424 291 129 262 410 292 93 258 326 2485 278 140 204 416 323 336 302 102 460 2561 5046

Year Built 1999
Golf Season March - November

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

19th Hole Specials 1

Had to try it

Throughout the year I've been reading a lot of negative reviews about this course. I played there yesterday, I showed up an hour late because of car trouble and they honored my tee time anyway which I really appreciated since it's a 40 minute drive. This kind of courtesy goes a long way for me. I did however try calling several times to let them know what was going on but no one answered and the voicemail was not set up,I would recommend at least setting up the voicemail. I remember playing this course when it had only been open for a year and it was tough! Having a links style course in this area is so different from all the other courses in the area it will really put your game to task. i went to the course with low expectations for the tee boxes, sand traps and the greens as I had read about them beforehand. The tee boxes and the fairways were barren in some areas but I just picked and replaced as there were plenty of areas where you could place your ball. The sand traps haven't been worked yet so they have grass in them, I hit in one so I just played it like ground under repair and dropped no closer to the hole. The greens were awesome, it really looks like they have placed a lot of their attention on them late this year. They were a little slow but they were true. I made an 18 foot birdie putt on 16 that rolled right on the line I hit, no bumps it anything. This is a huge course so I can't imagine the effort it would take to keep up with it. I only saw one person mowing so they may need more personnel to get this course to shine again. Honestly, if they get the tee boxes and fairways under control with more grass I wouldn't care if they just convert the sand traps to great traps.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Moss Creek Golf Club on 10/23/2017:
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that the course conditions and off-course amenities were not up to their best that day, however do hope that the pace of play and friendly staff was able to make your round a little bit better. Thank you for recommending our course in the Clayton, OH area and we hope to see you back again soon!

Course condition

Worst shape I've ever seen a course. Greens were rough. Rest of course terrible. Not worth the money.
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Moss Creek Golf Club on 10/13/2017:
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant time during your round with us and appreciate the feedback so we can make the best possible improvements. Thank you for playing with us and we hope you give us another chance to earn your business back again soon.

Poorly maintained course

This course is about a cow pasture. The tee boxes are baren. The fairways are baren and may spot and weedy in others. the rough is 6" or better so if you don't hit the fairways you are loosing you balls. I average 3-5 a round. This course I lost well over a dozen and a half. they even have a note on the cart that if you hit in the fescue it's a free drop If you can find your ball. THe bunkers have no sand and are weedy. There was 3 have way decent holes, 16-17-18 and 17 had a mole that had cut acroos the green in several places making it unplayable from 2 areas. this round may only be $10 but i lost $20 in balls and we quit keeping score on 15. New owner may help this course in a year but I think it will take 2 to get this in decent condition.
Staff Friendliness Good
Course Layout Average
Response from Moss Creek Golf Club on 10/18/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Moss Creek Golf Club. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played, specifically off the fairways. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope you will see improvements for your next round with us. It sounds like you enjoyed holes 16 through 18 and we hope that improved your experience with us. It also looks like you had a smooth round, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for choosing to play our golf course, in the Cincinnati area, and we hope to see you again soon.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Pace of Play Good
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Poor
Response from Moss Creek Golf Club on 09/27/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Moss Creek Golf Club, in the Cincinnati area. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and that you did not have an enjoyable customer experience with our staff. Your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a smooth round, so we hope that made your round a little better. Thank you for golfing with us and we hope to earn your business again soon.

NEVER PLAY THIS COURSE

They have always struggled with maintenance on this course but it has been getting better. I can appreciate a course trying to come back from the brink to be viable again. so heres the problem. went to play today, pulling up to the first tee there was a red alero on the cart path facing me. i pulled off to the side waved him through the car didnt move so i got out grabbed my driver to head to the tee. then the car comes up the path an old man is in it saying "never pull off the path to tee off." "you stay on the path thats what its for" all of this while pointing at me. i told him i know but you were on the path so i pulled off so you could get by. he looks up at me and says "no i was waiting for you and thats what you did. you stay on the path" ( pointing again). and he keep going explaining basic rules in a very condencending tone talking to me like i was 6 years old....so just so i get this straight. he was yelling at me for going off of the path because somebody was on the path in car. a car. on the golf path. and because i moved to clear the way he then tried to scold me like a child about course etiquette. A course trying to become relevant again can not afford to have this working for them or even being associated with them. they deserve to loose all money invested recently if this is how they are going to run it.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Good
Course Conditions Average
Course Layout Good

Poor Condition

I played this course several times about 10 years ago. This was my first time back since then. The course was in terrible shape. Fairways almost gone, sand traps did not have any sand and were overgrown with grasses. Greens were the only thing in fair shape. Lots on ant hills on them and weeds. Course has an outstanding layout. However, the conditions of the course were not worth what we paid to play. It would be a shame if current ownership cannot bring it back to it's original condition.
Response from Moss Creek Golf Club on 09/06/2017:
Hello Donald, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Moss Creek Golf Club, in the Cincinnati area. We are sorry to hear that our course was in poor condition when you played. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to earn your business again in the future.

Nice landscape

Try to play here once a year. Last year was a joke. Course is trying to make a come back. kudos to everyone taking care of fairways & greens.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Moss Creek Golf Club on 08/23/2017:
Hello Anthony, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Moss Creek Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear that some areas of the course may not have been in the best shape when you played, but we are happy to see that you enjoyed the course layout. We are also happy to see that you had a friendly experience with our staff. Thank you for recommending our course, in the Cincinnati area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Getting better

Moss Creek is getting a lot better each time I go out there improvements on the tee boxes and the greens ,bunkers still need work
Staff Friendliness Good
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Average
Course Layout Excellent

Great layout Hope they can save it!

Don't expect a lot and just enjoy the layout . Greens OK condition, vary soft & slow with bare spots, some greens worse than other. Fairways weedy but playable. Tees the same. Wide fairways & short rough area, outside of that it's a lost ball. Bunkers are playable but lots of weeds and small rocks. Will comeback and play again because of great layout & wilderness feel of front 9. Just don't expect a lot and and hope new owners can manage to save a gem in Dayton area.
Staff Friendliness Average
Off-course amenities Average
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Moss Creek Golf Club on 08/14/2017:
Hello Dave, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Moss Creek Golf Club in the Cincinnati area. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is greatly appreciated. It sounds as if you liked the course layout, so we are happy that made your round more enjoyable. Thank you for golfing with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sad condition for a golf course

I had never played this course and thought I'd give it a try after reading it was under new management. The condition of the course is still pretty poor, but not nearly as bad as some of the reviews/pictures I had seen. The layout of the course is fantastic! The fairways aren't bad though many are weedy with some bare spots (looks like they aren't watered at all?). Unfortunately, after that it's downhill. The bunkers are full of big rocks and weeds, the tee boxes are nothing but weeds or dirt, many of the greens were covered with any hills, and the clubhouse is a mobile trailer. I hope they continue to turn things around and bring it back to a beautiful course, and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone until they do. I will give it some time and then try it again to see if conditions improve.
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Moss Creek Golf Club on 08/14/2017:
Hello Michael, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Moss Creek Golf Club in the Cincinnati area. Your feedback is greatly appreciated when it comes to the course conditions so that we know where improvements can be be made. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the course layout and it also looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff. Thank you for golfing with us and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019