Oak Hills Golf Course

3.5205058824 3.5 stars from 5 (131)

Clubs: No

Driving range: No

Credit cards accepted: MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include elevation changes water hazards narrow fairways   Great for drinks

"You need to play here atleast once."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

Love the layout. It's challenging, in that it offers you a little bit of everything. The course is getting better all the time, as they are putting serious effort into improving all the things that needed some improvement. Excellent value. The pace of play is super chill. No rush. You can ENJOY your round here. And you cannot beat the service there. Super accommodating & friendly.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2018

"Some of the prettiest holes I've ever seen"

margetme's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

This was a fun course. It was early in the season and there has been a ton of rain that has gotten in the way of the course being the way it should be, but it was still a lot of fun to play. We just played preferred lies and had a blast. You do have to follow the road map on a couple holes to get to where you're going, and there are a lot of blind holes, but I enjoy playing a course on rolling hills and the water running throughout the middle of the course was beautiful. Some holes are a little short and funky, but the beauty makes up for it. Would love to play there again in mid June to see how it shapes up.

Biggolfer2002's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2018

They made way too many mistakes. No pool for my kids and no restaurant. They need to do something fast.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Oak Hills Golf Course on 05/14/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Oak Hills Golf Course. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Greenbrier area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

"Great Layout and has potential. Needs HELP"

Peter7324662's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2018

Could tell this course once had some money spent on it. It's been years by the appearance of it since, fairways and tee boxes were in complete disrepair, greens were average at best. Disrepair means comolete dirt, no grass, and plants growing in the fairways. We left after 10 holes as we couldn't take the pace of play, nor was the course worth wasting the rest of a nice afternoon. Overall, a pack your bags and move on to the next Golf Now adventure.

Response from Oak Hills Golf Course on 05/08/2018:

Hello Peter, thank you for taking the time to review us, Oak Hills Golf Course, in the Greenbrier area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the fairways and tee boxes so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Seen better days"

Ltcmazda's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018

Oak Hills is in need of plenty of TLC. It appears to have been a very nice country club at some point, but now is a course in disrepair. The greens, fairways and tee boxes were patchy and worn. The rerouting of some of the holes was confusing. Overall, it was an unpleasant course. Hopefully it will come back to its former glory, but until then, I'd tee it up elsewhere.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Oak Hills Golf Course on 05/07/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the condition of the greens. We can assure you our staff works tirelessly to keep the course in tip-top shape!

"Greens"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018

Greens were in great condition. We really enjoyed the round. <br/> Members were friendly and one regular even looked for our ball with us.

Our first time playing and will be back this year.

"Hidden Gem in Middle TN"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2018

I have played this course about 3 times. It is always a great value and the best kept secret about 20 minutes north of Nashville, TN. They are making changes on front side of course in the layout, but once complete, it will still be one of the most challenging course I've played. I normally play 2-3 times per week and this will remain the one I can never master. I'LL BE BACK!

"Oak Hills Golfing experience"

furball2's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Nice comfortable day to play for the time of year. Staff and members were very friendly and easy to converse with. Course was in good shape for the time of year and the amount of rain recently falling.. All in all, a very enjoyable round of golf.

"Good value"

Robert9504667's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

Hard to write a bad review when the course had taken tons of rain. Greens were aerified recently but there was a notice on GolfNow when I booked so no issues there. I have played here before so I noticed all the tree work that has been done over the winter. Pace of play is always fast. Looking forward to coming back later in the spring.

"Worth the money"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2018

Great layout. Challenging and also adaptive. Has great staff. Recommend this course. Been playing here for years.Great deal for the money.

"want a second chance"

george8619515's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2018

Playing a course for the first time adds an extra challenge to the round. The course is very hilly and of course, that leads to a lot of blind shots. The course was also saterated with water from the rain. We knew this going into the round and thats why I want to see this course again when its dry and the grass has grown in. It has a very unique layout. The most frustrating thing was the gps is all wrong. I am not sure if holes have been changed or it just needs to be redone. For example, hole 1 is actually hole 10 and hole 2, a par three shows 505 yds crossing three fairways. W will give this course another chance and I am sure the review will be better.

Response from Oak Hills Golf Course on 02/23/2018:

Hi George. Thanks so much for choosing Oak Hills Golf Course and taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the course layout. Sounds like you still had an enjoyable round despite the residual weather conditions. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will share it with the appropriate staff to correct any issues or make any improvements. Thanks so much for choosing to golf with us. See you soon.

"Privately owned course, reasonable price"

fje1223's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2018

The layout was a little weird and odd.

There was a section of the course that was absolutely gorgeous and presented its difficulties.

For middle February, the course conditions

weren’t bad at all. Well maintained for sure.

Near the clubhouse, it seemed like there were a lot of people just driving carts around aimlessly. A little odd. After getting out there, the people disbersed and not nearly as intrusive on the course.

Overall easy course. Great value. Wonderful for the area.

"You need to come play here"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/28/2018

Let me start off by saying I pass on playing at least 5 golf courses that are closer for me to drive to, in order to play Oak Hills. I really like it here. The layout is interesting. Scenic. Great condition. GREAT value. The staff are the friendliest around. It's just a peaceful experience playing here, so I keep coming back. Totally worth playing.

"Good conditions for Mid-December"

timtaylor's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/18/2017

I play Oak Hills10-12 times a year. It is a fun layout with some easy holes and a few very challenging greens. Pace of play is usually in the 3 hour range and the value for the cost is excellent. The greens were great for a winter round. I will continue keeping this on my courses I regularly play.

"You should play here"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2017

I keep coming back here. Why? Read my recent previous reviews, that's why. More people need to come play here. Can't say enough about the condition, chill pace of play, the people that play here and work here. I could play "closer to home", but I drive a bit further because it's worth it. And with the golf now app - i paid $14 with a cart for 18 holes....on a Saturday. Play here at least once. You'll come back like I do ...

"Gorgeous setting"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2017

The crew at Oak Hills has done a great job of getting this course back into shape. Not a long course with many scenic views. Even with all the leaves this time of year, the crews have them cleared from the greens and fairways. You will not spend a lot of time searching for the ball. Outstanding staff! Super value.

"Oak Hills Golfing experience"

furball2's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

The first thing that you notice when arrive at Oak Hills for your round of golf is how exceptionally friendly and helpful the staff and fellow golfers are. This was my 2nd time to play Oak Hills and it was a repeat of the first time.

Now for the course. It is a fair test of golf with some blind shots, uphill, downhill and sidehill lies interspersed with the blind shots with a uphill par 3 which will have to be played a few times to learn. The course requires a few times to learn to score well on but is worth coming back. Incidentally, they urged me to come back on Nov 11th (Veterans Day) for a free round of golf for all veterans. The only course I am aware of who extends this to our military veterans. Some have discounts but this is the only course that gives a free round. Kudo's to them for this gesture. All in all, a very enjoyable experience which I will be repeating.

"You MUST play here"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017

In great shape. Greens are in good shape and roll true. Very interesting holes, especially the par 3's. Very peaceful and scenic with very few homes to look at. Great NON RUSHED pace of play. The staff treats you like they are GLAD you chose to play here. Really accomodating. And $14 on the golf now app. I have several courses within a 30 minute drive that I could play. I chose to play here, over them.

"You should play here"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/01/2017

I loved the course. Very appealing layout. Peaceful feeling track. A few blind holes (if you've never played it before), so you just take a ride up the fairway so you can see where you want to go. It's in great shape. The greens run very true. The par 3's are very unique. The staff is first rate. If you want a great value, scenery, a track that's actually in good shape, and kick back pace of play - this is where you want to play.