Raven Rock Golf Course

Raven Rock Golf Course
Scorecard for Raven Rock
Black M: 70.2/130 341 154 554 332 471 403 291 169 573 3288 249 419 407 512 129 316 178 310 495 3015 6303
Blue M: 68.9/126 334 145 539 325 405 388 288 164 547 3135 174 412 396 474 126 305 169 289 486 2831 5966
White M: 66.6/122 303 134 507 321 381 338 279 159 494 2916 143 354 379 459 117 300 149 251 471 2623 5539
Gold M: 65.1/119 288 128 487 314 378 320 269 137 472 2793 118 348 362 423 99 268 133 237 427 2415 5208
Red W: 66.2/116 265 124 417 245 369 306 203 134 367 2430 113 269 302 354 95 264 125 228 409 2159 4589

Year Built 1995
Architect Jack Fykes (1995) Bob Lohmann

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Target golf!

This was my first time playing Raven Rock and I was pleasantly surprised . This course has been placed on an unclaimed strip mine. The best way to describe this course is target golf! If you can hit the fairways, you will have a great day. The second cut rough is deep. The tee boxes are fun as the tee marker are paineted pieces of coal. The only negative are the greens. Lots of fungus and dark spots make the greens roll very slow. Nonetheless, I would play again! Very fun! The best part is the staff. A gentleman came out to tell us to have a great round and everyone in the clubhouse were very friendly. One thing to note- No driving range.

Response from Raven Rock Golf Course on 07/22/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Raven Rock Golf Cours a 4-star rating. We would like to apologize for our course conditions But we are pleased to hear that enjoyed our friendly staff, great pace of play and value for the money. Book your next round with us soon!

Great Course and Nice Clubhouse

This course has come a long way in one year. Everything looks great. Nice course, nice views, new clubhouse layout and great staff as always.

Response from Raven Rock Golf Course on 06/18/2018:
Hi, Thank you for leaving Raven Rock Golf Course a 5-star rating. We pleased to have met all expectations. Please come back again and join us for another round of golf.
Response from Raven Rock Golf Course on 06/11/2018:
Hello, We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

raven rock

Course was wet from the recent rains and probably should have been cart path only. Some of the greens have been treated for a fungal infection and are recovering but still in pretty good shape.

The only concern about this course is that having a marshal for keeping people from starting on the back nine or playing with groups more than four would be nice. Both can be a little frustrating

Overall, a good day.

Response from Raven Rock Golf Course on 05/23/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Raven Rock Golf Course a 4-star rating. We would like to thank you for your business and please come back and let us make it up to you.

Target golf at its best

Raven Rock is a relative short course that demands accurate shots, there is not much room for error. Most of the time you are in the fairway or you have a lost ball. Its fun to play. There are several upgrades happening such as a new restaurant coming, the sand bunkers are getting much needed attention, and probably within the next month, the course will be in great condition. The greens were very slow but we have had rain, however they were slow before the rain. Once the greens are in shape, the course in a good test for your golf game.

Response from Raven Rock Golf Course on 05/10/2018:
Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We are currently under renovations and our new restaurant will be opening on 5/14/18. Make sure to come in and grab something to eat or drink. We are happy that you enjoyed playing our golf course. Remember to book your next round with us in the near future.

A.Parker

First time playing great lay out would love to play again.

Response from Raven Rock Golf Course on 05/09/2018:
Hello, Thanks for leaving Raven Rock Golf Course a 4-star rating. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall time on the golf course. Thank you for your business and we'll see you out on the golf course again.
Response from Raven Rock on 05/03/2018:
Hello Joshua, Thank you for leaving Raven Rock a 5-star rating. We are glad to have met your overall expectation. We look forward to you booking your next tee time with us soon.

Nice Mountain Views

Played course in December, great condition for the time of year, must keep in fairway or you will be penalized.

Great mountain course.

Eastern KY doesn't have a lot of golf courses but this is one of the best.

Course has beautiful vistas and was in good shape. Would highly recommend it if in the area.

Only issue was that we had a 7:00 am tee time but no one was there to open the course until almost 730. We were still second off, because we let a twosome go in front, and round was very quick.

Not as pristine as it was years ago. Worth playing, just wish it was like it was.

Frist time player at Raven Rock

Over all the course is very difficult more so on the back nine than the front. Very few yardage marker and a lot of blind shots. They just aerated the green and I'll said not more on that. Would loved to play it when the green were normal. No water on the course.

Excellent views

Great course at a great value, enjoyed the elevation changes and challenging greens.

Does ANYONE here know how to fix a divot?

Greens are terrible. Dozens of divots and it doesn't matter which green. Pick one

Home course

Great course, play the majority of my rounds here. Beautiful views and challenging holes.

Challenging and scenic

The only problem I had was getting there. My GPS took me to the complex and told me I'd arrived, but the Pro Shop was nowhere to be seen. It's at the top of the hill. The course is very scenic and well designed. Many holes are 'blind' from the Men's tees, but you can usually figure out where to aim. On a few holes, you hit across a wide hazard to a small green (#10 comes to mind). The difference between Challenging and Extremely Challenging is the fairways. Extremely challenging courses have rolling fairways - these are level.

fun place

had a Great time... course had a bit if everything, island green, long par 5s, short par 4s, be a great scramble course

Disappointed

Did NOT get to play. Course overbooked no carts available and asked to wait 3 hrs or more passed scheduled tee time for a cart. I requested a refund or raincheck but course would not said GolfNow would have to deal with me.

Greens need repair

Raven Rock is a good course nestled in the hills of Eastern Kentucky. We have played this course a few time over the past few years. The fairways was in great shape but the greens were in poor condition. It made it very hard to hold the line of puts. The pin placement was very challenging which was not a bad thing.

Coeburn, Virginia