Otsego Resort- The Classic

Year Built 1955
Architect William Diddle (1955)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Required (Covid 19) Walking, But Great Outing!

The course was in pretty good shape, considering the early season. Not an easy course to walk, but easier than many northern Michigan courses! Great to be outside, and out of the house, on a beautiful spring day. Not too many places to find trouble, but a few more challenging holes and greens. Fun course and a great early season warm up!

Nice course.

First time playing this course. I liked the scenery, and the layout. The staff was amazing. Very friendly. The greens were slow, some had some bad spots. Keep to the fairways though. If you're off even a bit, you'll probably lose your ball...lol

Dandy lions

the classic is overgrown dried out greens And the whole course is in dire need of water Not worth the $30 At best sub $20

Old municipal style

I was extremely disappointed with this golf course. 10 of the 18 holes could be the same hole with a different number on the tee box. The course was not well maintained, there were weeds in the fairways and many dead spots around the greens. The greens themselves were in great shape and they were fast. The clubhouse didn't have coffee for 8:30 am tee times. With all the other options in Gaylord, there is no reason to play this one.

Not worth the high greens fee

The course has high winter kill in the greens and fairways and has no senior rate or weekday discounts. Previously weekday rates were $45.00. ClubHouse person at sign in was very aragont. Bag girls very helpfull. I don't recommend playing this course paying the new inflated weekday rates. The score card does not have correct pars for some of the courses holes. 67,88,and 63 dollars is to much for a weekday golf at this course. Seniors go some place else.

Could have been great...

Overall course (what we were able to see) was great with beautiful elevated views. Went up here on buddies trip along with the neighboring TreeTops (go here).

Upon arrival I was impressed with carts lined up which include a yardage book, water bottle, and towel to wipe off your clubs. The first few holes went by great with beautiful views - most holes here change elevation as you progress through the hole.

The problem like with most courses was pace of play. I dont complain much when i am at a local muni or course by my house but when paying top dollar to play one of the best course i expect better - the neighboring TreeTops had made sure we were keeping pace multiple times within our round. At the Tribute we got through the first 9 holes in about 3 hours (wasnt too upset as it is weekend up north). It took us an additional 1 hr 45 minutes to play the next 3 holes. We were waiting with the 4 some in front of us on each of these holes for the 4 some in front of them to tee off. I called into the club house and asked what was going on and to have a ranger sent out - they responded "there is a ranger on the course - he should be there eventually". Upon seeing the ranger, he said it was a busy day and he couldnt ask people to speed up. We decided to quit after 12. As we were driving back to the club house holes 13-16 were packed. On one hole there was 6 senior citizens playing together. The next hole had the two carts in the middle of the fairway with all four members about 200 yards away in the woods fishing for balls. There was not one person on 17 and 18. Obviously it had gotten plugged up and could have easily been prevented by having a couple groups speed up or skip a hole. Upon leaving i told the person working in the clubhouse with him letting me know "well there is a ranger out there, i dont know what you want me to do".

As i said beautiful course but for paying the same price as TreeTops, I would go with the neighbor who offer much better accommodations and customer service from club house to finishing 18.

The Greens are Tricked Up

Arrived at the couse for 8:20 Tee Time. We were informed that we were delayed one hour due to frost. Had the buffet which was great. Teed off at 9:30, did not get to hit warm up balls due to confusion of some kind. Got out on the course and realized that they had pin placements and course map for Tribute instead of Classic which we were playing. Called from hole 2 and asked to have a pin placement sheet with course map brought out. Never came. Called from hole 7 and was placed on hold. Got to the proshop at the turn and inquired as to what was going on. Female working the desk said there were no pln placement sheets and didn't know what hole we were on. She was clearly aggravated with me at which point the manager of the proshop came over and stood by her but didn't say antything. I said I called and told them and when I called back I was placed on hold . Her response was she busy. No apology no nothing, just wanted to be rid of me.The course had only two par threes and two par fives. The greens were ultra fast with undulations and whoevever set the pins did not know what they were doing and were not checked. One was placed on the very top of a hill that you could not get to and another was placed on the side of a hill. It was so ridiculous that we just laughed. Won't go back.

Very good value for the money

Very fast and in great shape greens. Very friendly staff.

Enjoyable course

Just long enough, pretty forgiving, very FAST greens!

Great Views, wonderful course!!

I haven't played the Otsego club in 15 years, and never the tribute course, but I will definitely be back!! The views and course was wonderful!!

this course had nice pray paint spots

course was at best ok.
asked in club house if beer cart was out there , was told yes....
after 9 holes and a broke pop machine, we ask at the turn and bar tender tells us no she's on the other course...really..wow thanks!

carts where beat up really BAD. Ball hole on the one, mildew all over bag covers with rips in them. 3 of us went and our cart had a black mold/mildew on the inside of the cart roof. told the them in the pro shop and did not seems to care at all?.... never even said sorry... the cart loaders did not offer club cleaning or to unload bags, were very rude to us after we said something....thanks for caring guys.

I would not play there again!!!

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Course was well maintained and enjoyable to play.

Went out with my son for the first time and was able to enjoy a relaxing day golfing. Course is excellent for beginners and those who are getting back into the game

Beautiful course, play early.

I love this course but very slow play in the afternoon.

Good but great

Average is not bad, but there are many courses in the area. This one is worth playing, but I can not say that I would play it again before trying others.

Simply Enjoyable!

My only complain is that there needs to be a few more bathrooms added to the course. After the third hole we didn't find one till after the 12th hole. My daughter found this unacceptable!

A Noth Michigan Must Play

This is a cant miss course. Found a great deal on golfnow and took advantage. Best golf decision I've ever made. Great condition, scenery, layout and staff. If you get a chance to play this challenging course, don't miss is.

Beautiful views

I almost feel urged to not talk this course up....wanna keep it a secret!!! Wonderful golf course that you could play every day...staff is great, not cocky and in your face like T tops.. Down the road... Same mountain... A fraction of the cost.

Staff , Clubhouse all super friendly