Otsego Resort- The Classic

Year Built 1955
Architect William Diddel (1955)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Great value

I had visited Treetops and drove past this course. I was happy with the value. Clean place and friendly staff.

Nice Course. Slow play.

My wife and I played on a Saturday morning. The course was great and in great condition. Our problem was we got caught behind a slow group of 16 who refused to let us play through. It took us 3 hours to finish the back nine. The stickler was that the ranger was aware that the group was slow because it took them 6 hours for 18 the day before but did nothing to get them to pick up their pace of play.

Despite the slow pace it was a good day on the golf course.

Nice course for a good price

Well maintained, fun layout, good pricing. Will be back next year for sure

Nice Layout

The course has a nice feel. Nothing fancy but good value and decently kept

Score card??

The score cards were not accurate and did not match what was online. It wasn’t a big deal as we still had a great time. An overall map of the course on the scorecard would be helpful.

Required (Covid 19) Walking, But Great Outing!

The course was in pretty good shape, considering the early season. Not an easy course to walk, but easier than many northern Michigan courses! Great to be outside, and out of the house, on a beautiful spring day. Not too many places to find trouble, but a few more challenging holes and greens. Fun course and a great early season warm up!

Nice course.

First time playing this course. I liked the scenery, and the layout. The staff was amazing. Very friendly. The greens were slow, some had some bad spots. Keep to the fairways though. If you're off even a bit, you'll probably lose your ball...lol

Dandy lions

the classic is overgrown dried out greens And the whole course is in dire need of water Not worth the $30 At best sub $20

Old municipal style

I was extremely disappointed with this golf course. 10 of the 18 holes could be the same hole with a different number on the tee box. The course was not well maintained, there were weeds in the fairways and many dead spots around the greens. The greens themselves were in great shape and they were fast. The clubhouse didn't have coffee for 8:30 am tee times. With all the other options in Gaylord, there is no reason to play this one.

Not worth the high greens fee

The course has high winter kill in the greens and fairways and has no senior rate or weekday discounts. Previously weekday rates were $45.00. ClubHouse person at sign in was very aragont. Bag girls very helpfull. I don't recommend playing this course paying the new inflated weekday rates. The score card does not have correct pars for some of the courses holes. 67,88,and 63 dollars is to much for a weekday golf at this course. Seniors go some place else.

Could have been great...

Overall course (what we were able to see) was great with beautiful elevated views. Went up here on buddies trip along with the neighboring TreeTops (go here).

Upon arrival I was impressed with carts lined up which include a yardage book, water bottle, and towel to wipe off your clubs. The first few holes went by great with beautiful views - most holes here change elevation as you progress through the hole.

The problem like with most courses was pace of play. I dont complain much when i am at a local muni or course by my house but when paying top dollar to play one of the best course i expect better - the neighboring TreeTops had made sure we were keeping pace multiple times within our round. At the Tribute we got through the first 9 holes in about 3 hours (wasnt too upset as it is weekend up north). It took us an additional 1 hr 45 minutes to play the next 3 holes. We were waiting with the 4 some in front of us on each of these holes for the 4 some in front of them to tee off. I called into the club house and asked what was going on and to have a ranger sent out - they responded "there is a ranger on the course - he should be there eventually". Upon seeing the ranger, he said it was a busy day and he couldnt ask people to speed up. We decided to quit after 12. As we were driving back to the club house holes 13-16 were packed. On one hole there was 6 senior citizens playing together. The next hole had the two carts in the middle of the fairway with all four members about 200 yards away in the woods fishing for balls. There was not one person on 17 and 18. Obviously it had gotten plugged up and could have easily been prevented by having a couple groups speed up or skip a hole. Upon leaving i told the person working in the clubhouse with him letting me know "well there is a ranger out there, i dont know what you want me to do".

As i said beautiful course but for paying the same price as TreeTops, I would go with the neighbor who offer much better accommodations and customer service from club house to finishing 18.

The Greens are Tricked Up

Arrived at the couse for 8:20 Tee Time. We were informed that we were delayed one hour due to frost. Had the buffet which was great. Teed off at 9:30, did not get to hit warm up balls due to confusion of some kind. Got out on the course and realized that they had pin placements and course map for Tribute instead of Classic which we were playing. Called from hole 2 and asked to have a pin placement sheet with course map brought out. Never came. Called from hole 7 and was placed on hold. Got to the proshop at the turn and inquired as to what was going on. Female working the desk said there were no pln placement sheets and didn't know what hole we were on. She was clearly aggravated with me at which point the manager of the proshop came over and stood by her but didn't say antything. I said I called and told them and when I called back I was placed on hold . Her response was she busy. No apology no nothing, just wanted to be rid of me.The course had only two par threes and two par fives. The greens were ultra fast with undulations and whoevever set the pins did not know what they were doing and were not checked. One was placed on the very top of a hill that you could not get to and another was placed on the side of a hill. It was so ridiculous that we just laughed. Won't go back.

Public/Resort