A view from a tee at Champions Club at Summerfield

Champions Club at Summerfield

Year Built 1994
Architect Tom Fazio (1994)

Practice Hole Yes

Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Great Layout

It's wet. It's not their fault. With all the rain southern Florida had the last month, it's amazing they're playing golf at all. Layout is awesome, you'll love it. Greens just sanded but still putted nicely. They're taking care of traps very nicely (how do I know this? Don't ask!). If you play the golds, you better drive it 280 or longer. Whites are very comfortable to play.

This course has a serious drainage problem

I think there it's been about a weeks since it rained there yet we still had to go cart path only one 4-5 holes other than the par 3's. There were serious mud issues on a number of fairways with balls landing with only 1/2 the ball above the mud.

Otherwise we enjoy the course and facilities. We've played there many times but never ran into these conditions before. We'll go back after giving it more time to dry out.

Nice location and scenery but very wet and soggy.

Nice location with pleasant staff. Course is very wet and soggy. Seems like it is very slow to dry out. Most holes were cart path only and with the width of the course, lots of walking. Grass very thick as it is too wet to cut the grass effectively. Lots of ways to get in trouble and if you do not have good control, bring lots of balls. Lots of nature to enjoy.

Way too wet

There were lakes in the middle of the fairway
I know it has been wet but my courses are dry today 90 degrees and we lost 5 balls in the fairway
They need new drainage desparately

Commented on 11/23/2020

No lakes in the middle of fairways. Golf course is wet 127 inches of rain will do that. The drainage on the course is new along with the new cart paths. Feel free to call me anytime.

Commented on 11/23/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jashworth99! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Champions Club at Summerfield!

Great value

Staff was very friendly and greens were in great condition. There was a lot of muddy areas due to the heavy rain lately but course is very well maintained and a great value.

Course should be closed for another week at least!!!

I played this course today. Upon dropping my bags off I was told by the cart attendant that it was cart paths only which I was ok with considering all the rain we've had in the past week of so. What i didn't expect was the unplayable course conditions. I lost at least 6 balls that I hit in the fairway just because the balls plugged into the mud and I couldn't find it. My 2 week ago Puma golf shoes looked like I've been walking in mud for several hours. There were a lot of areas in the fairways were under water. I like this course and have played it in the past but the condition it is in right now is unplayable. They should close the course to at least 1 week and let most of the water drain/dry out. Greens are in good condition. I think they're not being fair to the customers by allowing to play on this course in the condition it is in.

Commented on 11/20/2020

Hello, Yes the course is wet. I played yesterday the 19th we had to hunt for one ball on number 8 fairway. No fairways are underwater and the golf course very playable, The facility would not be open if it was unplayable..We have been closed several times in November. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you under drier conditions soon. Fell free to stop by my office or call me anytime.
David Ladd,PGA
Director Of Golf

Windy Days

Day off golf for me and it was wonderful. Very windy and made the course rather challenging. I donated a handful of golf balls. Course conditions were rather wet, and I guess slippery fits. However, beautiful space, a nice challenge (blue tees), and fresh air did wonders. (Golfers should receive an extra penalty for not repairing ball marks!)

Best public course on the Treasure Coast

This course is a hidden gem! The views are spectacular and the greens are phenomenal. The staff is also courteous while going above and beyond. I have come here several times with my son and the staff has been kind enough to give my 5 year old free range balls. No other golf course has taken the time to do the little things right like the staff at the Champion’s! Food is also great.

Weekend Hacker

Commented on 11/23/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for choosing Champions Club!

Too wet too play

Course should be closed. Standing water everywhere. Mud everywhere. They are allowing damage to the course that will take months and $$$ to repair.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. First, we would like to apologize for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is very important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Champions Club at Summerfield.

Hard to believe its public!!!

Ive had the opportunity to play many golf courses in the south Florida area, and Champions Club is by far the best experience. From the bag drop guys, who were prompt and courteous to the variety of great merchandise in the pro shop. The greens fee was very competitivly priced ( I would have honestly paid more) and the course lay out and design was challenging but very fair. Lastly , while I was on the range one of the cart guys Dave B was straighten up the range and we had a very nice conversation about the club, and the PGA pro, David Ladd, even gave me some pointers that really helped! I truly felt like a member for a day . HIGHLY recommend!!

Commented on 11/18/2020

James, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Champions Club at Summerfield.

Playing in the Rain

One thing I can ALWAYS count on is that David Ladd and his staff deliver a great day of golf! Even last Sunday, the course was wet, it was raining, and cart path only conditions, but the greens were awesome and the customer experience was even better. In the middle of horrible weather conditions. Champions was in very good playing shape and with great greens. The golf staff was friendly and welcoming, and the post-round cheeseburgers are the best in town!

Commented on 11/17/2020

We appreciate your comments and understanding of the wet conditions. Champions Club looks forward to seeing you again soon. We appreciate the kind words about our staff..

Course doesn’t drain

Course was completely unplayable and should have been closed for the day or the week - an inch of water in the fairways, numerous balls lost plugged in the center of the fairway. Feet sank several inches into every tee box, greens wouldn’t roll. Quit after nine holes, and the clubhouse refused to give us a refund. Won’t be going back.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Hello, Haberj628. Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for the poor experience you had during your round on our course. Your feedback is very important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. Thank you for playing and feel free to reach out to the pro shop with any questions.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Course is wet certainly not an inch of water on the fairways. Golf course was playable or would not be open we were closed for 4 days. I find it difficult to understand how you would not receive a rain check. Outstanding customer service is the trademark of the Champions Club, We can't control the weather and wet conditions, but my staff provides superior customer service. Feel free to call me anytime to discuss. Hope to see you again when the course is drier.

Course was unplayable

We were told the course was wet but decided to play anyway. The course was actually unplayable and shouldn’t have been open. When a ball gets lost in the fairway because it is in muck, keep people off the course. In my opinion management decided to take people’s money instead of closing. We quit on Hole 3 and got a partial rain check but since we are visiting we won’t have the opportunity to use it. That course won’t be dried out for a couple weeks.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Champions Club at Summerfield.

Commented on 11/16/2020

The golf course and all of Martin County has suffered over 120 inches of rain. we have had a particularly wet October and November. Unfortunately we can't control the weather, we are doing the best we can to satisfy all customers also rain checks are based on number of holes played. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Course A Bit Rough & Wet

The golf club can't fix the weather but they are triying to fix the course which is still is a bit rough in patches. They have instituted a new policy to allow singles to use a seperate cart for an extra $10 convenience fee when busy to protect singles from riding with strangers. Congratulations for instituting a policy that shows common sense and respect for its customers during this pandemic. Thank you.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Champions Club at Summerfield. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

The course layout is awesome. The greens held well and rolled smoothly. The course was too wet even though it hadn't rained in a few days. The cart paths were bumpy but I heard that they were in the process of re-doing them.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u673356640! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Champions Club at Summerfield!

Commented on 11/10/2020

Course has potential to be really good

The course was wet and soft. Cart paths really need maintenance. There were potholes on almost all holes.

Traps were also in bad shape. Little to no sand.

The layout has the potential to a really good course.

All people were very friendly

Commented on 11/10/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Champions Club at Summerfield!

Great Day! PB ROUND

Great track and picturesque layout. Love the nature backdrop. Even though course was wet (lost three balls in middle-of-the-road fairway) the greens rolled true. Definstley coming back.

Commented on 11/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u314160216059. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Champions Club at Summerfield thanks you!

Hobe Sound , Florida