Zellwood Station & Country Club

Dress code: Proper dress code
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Green (W) 74 5420 yards 71.5 118

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"Woo Hoo!!"

SHASHI60's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

We played Zellwood back in 2016 and enjoyed the course. It's a good challenge and on 6/20/18 I had a great game. I shot and 80 and my husband an 89 (ha ha ha ) We will go back again. It is a good course. The way it's set up is perfect up slopes and down slopes where you don't know where your ball will land!! Highly recommend it.

Response from Zellwood Station Country Club on 06/25/2018:

Thank you for recommending our course and for the 5 stars! Maybe you should give more shots to your husband when you come back.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

Tee boxes need some work, otherwise the course is in fine condition

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 07/02/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad to hear that you found our course in good shape. We appreciate your feedback regarding the tee boxes, and we hope to see you again soon.

"fun course"

golfingoldman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

When with my normal foursome, had a great time, some holes are tricky but we knew that coming in as we have played here before. We didn't have to wait on any holes - it is hot in Florida.

Greens were very good, fairways had lots of grass as did the tee boxes.

Will come to play again - watch out for the train wreck - #9.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 07/02/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to hear that you had a great round of golf out there the other day. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Greens condition"

afat4's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

The greens are not smooth at this time due to recent aeration. Very difficult to make a putt longer than 3 feet. Needless to say, greens are slow.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 06/12/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are sorry to hear that you did not catch our course in its prime condition, but we hope to see you again soon!

"GolfNow Ratings & Reviews"

fourwalters's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2018

The greens were aerated and unplayable. Again, this warning was not disclosed when booking with GolfNow. Scored great ... as every hole was a one putt. Haha As a GolfNow VIP ... I;m seriously thinking about discontinuing the use of GolfNow as they seldom disclose course advisories, maintenance, tournaments, etc., in a timely fashion. VERY FRUSTRATING & A WASTE OF MY TIME. Shame on GolfNow ...

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 06/08/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We looked into this matter a bit more and found that there were alerts set on GolfNow making golfers aware of the aerification. We are sorry that you somehow missed it, but we hope to see you out at Zellwood Station Golf Club sometime soon.

Commented on 06/21/2018

The course website and contact information is available to do this.

I also read the reviews before making a decision where and when to play.

good luck.

Like the weather golf is never consistent.

"Good choice"

tomt32707's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

I have played this course many times over the last 20 yrs and this may be the best condition I have seen. Greens, fairways, tee boxes all in good shape. Love Crater Junction challenge. Definitely a unique layout. Worth a trip.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 05/04/2018:

Hello Tom, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and found it in great condition. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Pace of Play"

Donjoerollins's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

Course in pretty good condition. Pace of play terrible.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 04/30/2018:

Hello Don, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to hear that you found our course in good shape. We appreciate your feedback regarding the pace of play, and we hope to see you again soon.

"If you have nothing to do for a couple days then play here otherwise go elsewhere."

Maher2683's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

Slow slow play. Paid for 18 hole but threw in the towel after 9 holes because of slow play with no refund . Three groups continently backed up on every tee. No starter no Rangers.. If you have time to celebrate your birthday play here otherwise don't waste your time or money.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 04/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you experienced slow pace of play. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

frekster's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to hear that you found our greens challenging, but also had a fun round of golf. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

MIchael9083962's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Hello Michael, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to see that you had a good time out there. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Slow play"

mermyl's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Our foursome got started on our round 15 minutes late, and it took almost 5 hours to complete. This is what happens when the course has tee times 7 minutes apart. We have never played a round here where we didn't get backed up. The course itself is fine, but make sure you budget plenty of time if you go there.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 04/17/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are sorry to hear that you experienced slow pace of play during your round. We hope that you enjoyed our course layout, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"tough round in the wind"

bigvolfanut's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Like the coarse, but they need to regulate pace of play by requiring slower groups to move aside. Many seniors playing 5 in a group.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 04/10/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are sorry to hear that there was slow pace of play, but we are glad that you still enjoyed your round. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Hills of Florida"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2018

Course was challenging, but fair! Greens were mostly in very good shape with ungilating slopes! Fairways were good, but the ruff was either non existent or barely there...they need some work. I would definitely recommend this course because of the layout, it’s terrain and the greens.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 04/10/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our course layout. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Fair but a little tough"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

Played the white tees. “Smashed” some drives into the wind only to realize that at my age, maybe I should have played the green tees! Still shot my out-of-state average, but felt like I was struggling all day. Woke up on the back nine. Greens were great and putted true. Loved the course and that there was water on only four of the eighteen holes. Would play it again if it weren’t for the toll roads!

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 04/17/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful golfing experience out there. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Not a bad course but not a friendly atmosphere"

uACHG1040AC's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Upon arriving we realised there was a tournament happening which were not aware of. The staff at the counter was very friendly and told us we would be out on time. We got our cart from the rather "stressed: cart guy and headed tp the tee box. There were about 4 groups already and no starter so we asked who had what times and were not greeted very well. It was the oddest thing, We said hello to maintenance staff, fellow golfers driving by and we received no response at all. It was like grumpy land, not friendly and the opposite of our experiences in Orlando area all week. I know it is a private community but man, how about smiling once in a while. We will not be back although the course was challenging and decent.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 04/17/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a friendly experience with our staff, but we hope that you were able to enjoy your round of golf. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Mini tournament caused extreme slow play"

ajpeterson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018

When I arrived I was told there would be a delay starting due to a small group playing a tournament. Needless to say I was given a tee time after the shot gun start. I was an hour early for my tee time. I wish I had asked to tee off prior to the group. It took 4 hrs and 45 min to play. Yesterday I played this course in 3 hrs and 15 min. Today was not as much fun. I scored the same, but having to wait for almost every shot is frustrating. The course is in OK shape. Some areas show signs of lack of water. The greens are really good. The Putt pretty true. And the bunkers have decent sand. You need to take full sand shots or you'll find yourself still in the bunker. Some water/ponds around the course but none come into play if you have a decent game. A few blind shots around doglegs, but just hit it straight down the middle and you'll do fine.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 04/03/2018:

Hello AJ, thank you for the four stars! We hope that you still had a good time out there despite the slower pace of play. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 03/29/2018:

Hello Jake, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to see that you had a great round of golf. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Coarse was moderate challenge"

u926520023's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/23/2018

Coarse presented a challenge for a novice golfer who

does not hit a long ball but easy enough so as not to discourage someone to play the game. I thought for me the coarse condition was very good for this time of year. The coarse layout was perfect to be able to use all clubs in my bag. I think had it been summer time I would have been challenged much more making my way around the Crater. I was able to drive the ball right at the 16th green from the tee but probably wouldn't have tried that shot during the summer. I think that I would like to play this coarse again in the future and would recommend this coarse to anyone looking to play in Orlando.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 03/28/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and would recommend this course to others. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Zellwood"

relackey's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

I like this course. It has character and challenging holes. Staff is keeping it good condition. Only issue I had was pace of play. Apparently, there was a ladies pro event starting the next day. We were paired with two of the young ladies who often took multiple shots and were hitting multiple puts and chips while we were trying to hit or hole out. Very distracting. I would suggest that the course block some exclusive tee times for practice rounds so as not to distract from the other players enjoyment.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 03/22/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our course and found it in overall good shape. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Not bad, not great"

uPXOK6204PX's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

About 40 min from downtown Orlando. Condition of course was 3 to 4 star. Unfortunately course management does not regulate pace of play at all. Singles, 2somes, 4somes all intermingled. Had a 5 hour round which should have been unnecessary. Especially frustrating as there are a number of blind shots where groups behind cannot see players ahed. I doubt we'll go back.

Response from Zellwood Station Golf Club on 03/20/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are sorry to hear that your round of golf was interrupted by the slow pace of play. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that you will give us another try next time.