Country Club of Brewton

Scorecard for Country Club of Brewton
Blue M: 74.2/136 442 523 435 147 367 507 169 408 441 3439 445 216 385 403 439 525 415 208 544 3580 7019
White M: 72.2/133 414 498 412 122 348 491 159 389 414 3247 419 200 362 385 397 492 387 173 519 3334 6581
Gold M: 69.6/130 380 464 365 77 321 468 127 357 402 2961 386 171 335 325 359 458 357 167 483 3041 6002
Red M: 66.4/123 W: 71.3/125 343 404 333 77 292 403 127 326 317 2622 349 139 307 303 305 421 317 130 435 2706 5328

Year Built 1997
Architect Jerry Pate (1997)

Clubs No

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard Accepted

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Alabama (2015 #3)

Outstanding customer service

The price was for 36 holes PLUS lunch. After a few holes, an employee showed up to our group. We had three foursomes in our group. He apologized and admitted they had messed up and booked a tournament for the afternoon. It meant we'd have to kind of rush to get through lunch and back on the course in front of the tournament. The employee returned out on the course with a menu and took everybody's order. As we finished our first 18, our lunches were ready and labeled by name in the dining room. I believe they even delayed the start of the tournament a few minutes to make sure we weren't crowded. Now THAT went above and beyond our expectations. The course, facility, lunch, and service were all superb. I highly recommend this course.

Best greens in 100 miles!

These are the best greens out of any golf course I've been to within 100 miles, and boy howdy I've been to them all. The food was amazing, and the staff was even better! Even my son enjoyed it, and he's not nearly as big a golf freak as I am, lol! Hours flew by as if they were seconds with each swing I took, and before I knew it the fun had ended. I'll definitely be coming back, even if they say no time can ever be as thrilling as the first time!

The course was a joy to play, even if it is a little challenging. The greens rolled well and fairways were in great shape. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Just an overall great experience.

What a great hidden gem!

Country Club of Brewton was such a great place to play! From beginners to experienced players, Brewton has a great layout for you. The greens rolled really well and I enjoyed the twist and turns some of the holes offered. The staff was awesome and everyone stopped to see if there was something they could help with. Definitely plan a trip back.

A True Gem

I'm from Washington D.C. - I came down to visit a friend in Pensacola and he set up a tee time at Brewton. The course is one of the nicest I have ever played and I've played a LOT of nice courses in my day. I still can't believe the value for the experience. This is Boo Weekley's home course so I'm sure he spends some money to keep it as nice as it is. The practice range is everything you need - nice grass, plenty of distances to hit at, etc. The layout is first class - some easy holes, some challenging... For the most part, generous fairways and many holes right in front of you with a few doglegs/blind shots mixed in. The greens are tour quality with no exaggeration. They were rolling around 11 when I played in December and they were as true as you can ask for. The greens alone put many expensive, high end, courses to shame. Tied in with the southern hospitality, absolutely no waiting on tee boxes, the condition of the course, the value and the overall experience you'd be a fool to pass up a round here. HIGHLY recommend spending a day here, kudos to Brewton CC!

CCofBrewton
Commented On 2015-12-15T19:20:06.000+00:00

Thank you for the great review! Our team works very hard on the golf course to keep it in the tip top conditions you described. We are very glad you had a great experience and we look forward to seeing you again!

Great course.

Beautiful course. Beautiful day. 18 holes in 3 hrs. It doesn't get better than this.

Course in Great Shape

Our foursome stopped here to play in route to Destin on a Buddy golf trip. We found the course in excellent condition. The greens were great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We played behind the local Sunday afternoon group and never had to wait. This is a really good golf course.

Yougottaplaythiscourse

Absolutely Beautiful and Challenging. Putting is crazy hard

challenging course

Greens where in great shape. Fairways flow nicely. Beautiful scenery of lakes and house. Bunkers need some work.

Hidden Gem

One of southern Alabama's best kept secrets! I routinely make the hour and 15 min drive from Pensacola to play here. In my opinion you will not find a golf course in better condition for a cheaper price. The superintendent employed at this CC deserves a raise as these greens roll as smooth and as true (if not better) that some of the more expensive courses in the South (ie RTJ @ Shoal Creek & Magnolia, Auburn). If you want to play a 5 star golf course without the 5 star price do yourself a favor and play here. Aside from course conditions my biggest factor for enjoying a golf round is playing time. Any day during the week you will easily play in 3:30 or less.

u474360169
Commented On 2015-07-28T20:09:42.000+00:00

They are actually losing their superintendent to another club. Hopefully they will find someone who can keep up the good work that he has done to improve this course. Sometimes you don't what you have until it is gone.

Great Course!

Was extremely impressed with the layout and condition of the course and the practice facilities. The driving range is nothing to marvel out but who really cares about that. The biggest disappointment I had was the fact that the man up front(older guy in his mid-50s probably, was the most arrogant man I have ever had to deal with at a golf course. My friend and I drove nearly 2 hours to play this course and we was not welcomed at all, instead the guy just handed us the ticket(prepaid might I add) and never said anything else as far as welcoming us to the course. Now, the biggest problem I had was I walked into the clubhouse without a collared shirt on, I had it in my cart because it was nearly 95 degrees and was just going to change shirts after I hit on the range, which I also thought it was ridiculous that they charge 5 dollars PLUS TAX just to get about 25 ok golf balls to warm up with. However, I walked up to the counter expecting to be greeted and thanked for playing the course only to be spoken to like I was this guy's son. I explained to him where my shirt was and he just stared at me like how dare I walk into his clubhouse without a collared shirt on. Then, to top that act he literally rode down behind a tree line that he did not know I seen him sitting behind and stared at me just to see if I was going to change shirts. Now, let's be serious here, there was 5 people max at this place and you are really going to sit here and hassle me over this. So as I approached the first tee box and stepped out of the cart to change, he comes flying up slamming on the breaks screaming at me saying so I told you to change shirts. I explained to him that that was what I was doing and he just drove off. Needless to say someone needs to get that man a woman because he is way too grumpy to be working at that place. But overall, the course was amazing and I will definitely be going back and just hoping he isn't there.

Fantastic Course - a Jewel to be Found

This course is just simply the tops. Every hole is different and well thought out. Conditions are always the tops an obvious success of their maintenance program. I have never had a problem here and have never found the course but in the best conditions. The Jerry Pate design is just awesome. If it was closer to where I lived I'd be a member tomorrow. Don't miss playing it. it as good if not better than many of the RTJ Trail Courses.

WISH IT WAS CLOSER

THIS COURSE IS LIKE THE ONES I WOULD PLAY IN PALM SPRINGS CALIFORNIA. IT HAS EVERY FEATURE YOU WILL NEED FOR A FINE DAY OF GOLF. THE STAFF AND CHEF ARE THE BEST. I WOULD PLAY HERE ANYTIME. WISH IT WAS CLOSER TO MOBILE

Great place and well kept course.

The staff ensures you are treated as a customer/guest. The course is well laid out and easy to follow. Go there - you will enjoy yourself.

Excellent greens and course

Best course conditions we played in over the past 2 wks. We drove 2 hrs to play and it was worth it great staff. Drove back to golf shores another 2 hrs and had a great day! Thanks for the golf reviews to make our decision to try this course,

Beautiful

What a great place, I will for sure be going back to play another round.

nice course

Nice course. First time playing it the pace of play very slow

Hidden Treasure

Excellent course, with friendly staff! This is a beautiful course that is as challenging as you want it to be. The course is extraordinarily well maintained. The only area we didn't give 5 stars was food. My friend and I each bought crackers that were very stale. We mentioned it to a young lady when we finished and were told that 'they were pretty old and the staff was trying to get rid of them'. Doesn't affect our opinion overall, just the food question.

Road Trip

Fast greens that putt true. Interesting holes.....scenic

Brewton CC

The course was in great shape for fall golf and is very secluded and quiet. Fairways were dormant but still very smooth and produced a good lie for the ball. Green were outstanding; very fast and true and held the ball well. Staff was very friendly and helpful and you could not beat the price for a round of a course of this caliber. We will be back

Evergreen, Alabama