Lake Forest Golf Club

Middle 72 6025 yards 68.9 113
Forward (W) 72 5467 yards 67.7 110
Front 72 5207 yards 66.7 107
Scorecard for Forest
Blue M: 71.2/131 525 388 360 178 405 394 333 488 150 3221 372 283 505 190 544 389 377 174 395 3229 6450
White M: 70.4/126 507 368 350 162 371 373 321 469 146 3067 349 275 490 178 516 370 358 168 384 3088 6155
Red W: 72.5/122 489 333 338 125 372 352 304 452 122 2887 305 267 363 165 411 354 338 161 370 2734 5621
Yellow M: 68.5/112 380 248 337 124 370 346 214 376 121 2516 304 265 278 163 409 352 214 154 295 2434 4950

Year Built 1969

Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard Accepted

Average course

Today the greens were not in good condition. The only issue we have had on this course is players cutting in front of us on the back 9. To play 9 holes easily is to play the first 3 holes, then jump to #13 and play in to the clubhouse. With that type of play, those of us playing 18 have groups jump in. Today we were playing right along, then came to a screeching halt. The course needs to figure out what to do about this, it is very aggravating.

Very disappointed

Fairways very thin of grass. And greens had very little to no grass on them. Should be a beautiful challanging course, but was really dissatisfied

Very poor condition

Have played this course 3-4 times in past year, conditions have gotten worse each time. When dry the fairways aren’t to bad but being in Southwest AL rain is a constant so they need much better drainage. The greens are bad granite we only played six holes but I plugged the green half of those. 3 greens were literally half mud. Staff was friendly but course was unplayable.

Greens dead and muddy

The greens on 4 holes were simply unplayable with dead "grass" and mud. 4 more were in very bad condition and the rest were not good at all. With golf now it was 25 bucks, but if I had paid 51 dollars full price, I would have tried to get my money back.

Interesting layout

This was my first time playing at this course, the course was well maintained. The fairways were in very good condition. The greens were in very poor condition - they were very wet (it rained 3 days ago) - they were spongy and the grass was mostly dead - I'm assuming they were switching from their summer grass to winter grass - and it did not go well. They were bumpy and inconsistent. Many of the tee boxes were sloped, it's hard to hit a driver when you are standing on an angel. This course does have some dramatic elevation changes - which is great unless they are on a tee box. Many of the fairways are narrow with doglegs - many of the holes require strategy, you can't just blast a driver and stay in play, this is a positive feature in my book . I would probably play this course again - if I was in the area.

Course review

I have played this course each of the last 5 years I have stayed in area. This year I was a little disappointing. To be fair the area has had a lot of rain. Some of the greens are in ruff shape putting through packed mud and patches of grass. The tee boxes were in the same shape as greens. Fairways were in pretty good shape.

Great Staff/Terrible Greens

Went off at 11am on Sunday absolutely nobody on the course. Love the elevation changes on almost every hole. Greeted by very friendly staff. The greens on every hole were in really bad shape. There was little grass and they looked like water stood on them all the time. For the same money nearby Quail Creek is a much better value. Wouldn’t go back till I hear the greens are under control.

Ok value for the money

Fairways were in good shape, course was not crowded, and groups in front allowed playing through. Greens were still rough from aeration, did not hold true lines and bounced a lot. Would like to see the greens in good shape for once, and then I would consider it one of the go to courses in the area.

Fun and reasonable

Course in good condition though because of rain they hadn't blown clippings, so we had a blower following us. A little disconcerting, but a one time event. Greens a little slow, but in good shape. Staff helpful and friendly.

A must play. We played the crossing and it was as advertised. The course was challenging but fairways are wide enough for my inconsistent driver. The greens are in good shape and the speed consistent. I will play this course again.

Lake Forest GC

Would not recommend this course - while it goes in order making it easy to get through the whole course looks like it was an after thought. It literally is wedged in between homes . I would not golf this course again or move in that neighborhood. Course is too tight and there is know room for error.

Spend your money somewhere else

This is a one-and-never-again for me and my friend.

I'm sure the staff is trying hard, but this course is awful. They should bulldoze it and start over.

If we hadn't played on a GolfNow Tee Time, we would have asked for our money back after the first 3 holes.

After your approach hits a green, don't check the green for ballmarks; instead, check your ball for greenmarks.

At least 3 of the holes on the Back Nine are unplayable, due to slope against the dog-leg turn, very little grass and huge elevation changes. The last hole is a joke.

I would not play here again if I were offered a free round.

I can say only one positive comment: at least the bunkers had decent sand in them. But this course stinks.

Save your money for another course and play one you will want to play again, certainly NOT this sad pretender. If this were my home course, I would take up tennis.

Scenic course. Greens too fast!

Loved the course layout but the greens were ridiculously fast. An uphill putt would turn around and come back at you. Downhill putts could not be stroked lightly enough to stop near the hole. It was early in the season and the grass was not really growing good yet. Nice course though!

tmcd59-1

Love this course. A little tight on some fairways, but

manageable. Heavy debris after heavy fallen leaves, hard to find ball off fairway.

Average

Early in season some greens a little rough. Needs some tender loving care ex. ball washers,. They did have lots of works crews cleaning up some areas of course. Should be good to play later in sason.

I played by myself just to get familiar with the course and found it to be very challenging I would recommend for friends and family to play Lake Forest Golf Course, I really enjoyed my round.

Valid dates: Feb 11, 2019 - Mar 31, 2019