Isle Dauphine Golf Club

"Drive right on By!"

Westsox's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Family vacation at Dauphin Island & I wanted to give the Golf Course another try. The course is in deplorable condition with more sand than grass on all the greens and the fairways are like one continuous bunker.

Five of the holes were closed because of wet fairways and several of the holes were less than 200 yards because of water on the fairways and tee boxes were moved up.

Unless you are just bored out of your mind and feel the need to hit a golf ball, don't bother playing this one.

"Stunned"

Kyledelaughter's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2016

Well...I'm not angry. This is not an angry review. This is just to help other golfers know what they're getting into before they arrive. We decided to play today because we were bored out of our minds. I have seen photos of the course and I knew it was going to be a very awful course in terrible conditions - but I was okay with that! I called and the owner told me it was $25. We showed up, paid our money, and I asked him if we could grab a few clubs from beside the counter since we didn't have 2 full sets (since it was difficult to pack 2 sets of clubs for travel) he said sure no problem. Well we went and played 9 holes and made the turn to play the same 9 again to complete our round. He then told us it would be another $10 each to play the next 9 holes. Well that was a surprise. I didn't get angry with him I just told him that's not what we were expecting. He basically went on to tell me that $35 is a great deal and you can't play anywhere else for $35. LOL well as we all know - this is false...especially when we tee off after normal "twilight" times. I never bashed the awful course (again, I knew what I was getting into when we arrived) but I just told him over and over again how surprising this whole ordeal was. Who would have thought that 9 holes would be the rate of $25?? He then told me how he "gave us" the rental clubs for free and didn't charge us for them. Well I couldn't help but to laugh. So anyway - if you want to play this course go ahead - just know what you're getting into. And yes, the course is almost unplayable. The greens are unputtable.

Commented on 09/12/2016

We are sorry you did not have a good time. We try our best to let golfers know that this course had been closed down since 2012. We have only been reopened for a little over a year now and our doing our best to get it back to shape.Still right now we do not have "twilight" golf. As from what I can read you were given rental clubs and also i know of drinks. We were just doing the best that we could. IF you would like to come back please do and we will do what we can to make it up to you!