Style Links
Turtle Creek Golf Course

Year Built 1997
Architect Ed Biedel (1997)

Snacks

Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Minigolf

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Pennsylvania (2016 #22)

Great course... Beware the starter/ranger

This course is well maintained, and the layout is challenging but fun and scoreable. There is a fair amount of water lurking on this course that you may not see until you’re in it. Greens are really nice, fast, and putt well. Pace of play was great. The Starter takes his job very seriously. He will read you every rule and check for coolers. He’s nice about it but is very chatty. If he asks you the “number one rule”, it’s don’t drive in the rough. Answer correctly and it might save you a 5 minute explanation. I have played here a handful of times and I will be happy to play it again.

Awful staff, outdated policies.

This course has the absolutely most backward policies when it comes to a dress code; they would not allow a Nike Tiger Woods mock turtle golf shirt. They offered to have me use an old collared golf shirt that had been worn many times before by many different golfers - this during Covid-19! A definite health code violation! The owner and her staff were quite rude in the way they treated their "guests" and decided to forgo over $100 in fees rather than allow properly dressed golfers to play their course.
I had played this course many times in the past without a problem but for whatever reason, they seem to have forgotten that golfers have a choice in where they play; I will certainly not be giving this course any more of my business and I will make sure my fellow golfers also do not go to play there.

Don't Show Up In A Non-Collared Shirt!

Non-collared shirts, as worn by Tiger Woods and just about every other pro golfer on the planet, are just not good enough for this crappy facility and they don't give a hoot that non-collared (but still golf) shirts are universally accepted even at private country clubs. They offered my partner a used shirt with a collar but in the middle of a pandemic, how can you wear someone elses clothes when you don't know where the shirt has been? They are totally clueless and their customer service stinks!

Guess they thibnk they are the only golf course in existence. They will never get another dollar of my considerable recreationable expenditures because evidently they are doing so well that they can offend good and loyal customers.

As expected

Turtle Creek does not disappoint. You can count on nice fairways and greens. The spacing was good, didn’t have to wait or hurry. A couple of bunkers could use some attention. Play here and enjoy.

Pennsylvania Advisor

still a good choice

Turtle Creek still is an excellent choice for a good value and nice course. While I have seen it in slightly better shape, its being taken care of better than most good public courses. There is a great mix of holes and you need to use all your clubs. The 4 par 5 holes stand out and the 18th is always a challenge coming over the water with your 3rd shot.

New Jersey Advisor

Update on Current Conditions.

I’ve reviewed this course before. I love the layout and the challenges of this course. Always in good to excellent shape. All aspects (tee boxes, fairways, rough and greens) were in excellent shape for any time of the year but for mid-August, I was shocked at how great the conditions were . Many other courses in the area are experiencing fairway rot due to all the rain and extremely high temps with high humidity. We’ve had a ton of rain lately with Tropical storm Isaias passing through last week followed by a torrential down put a couple days later that actually closed the course. There were a few spots with standing water but that was it. Greens were fast and true as always. Now, on to the bunkers. The only reason I don’t give TC a five star rating is the condition of the bunkers. Many of them were unplayable with either standing water in them or completely washed out. The bunker complexes need to be renovated to modern standards. This is a huge cost and probably not going to happen any time soon on a public course with rates as low as they are.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The starter let us out a group early because the group in front of us did not have their act together. We paid $16 for a super twilight round, teed off just before 5:00 and finished at 8:20. We walked and got held up on the front by a threesome, who was playing at a good pace, 1:55 front. They let us through on 10 and we zipped through the back. Love this course. Will definitely return.

Need to get a few more Fresh Food items like burgers and Maybe a new vendor for the hot dogs .

TC was great!

Charging weekday rates for Fridays is fantastic! Fairways and greens were in great shape and the spaced out tee times made pace of play perfect

Turtle Creek

Very nice course, in very good shape. Since we are in the pandemic and no racks in traps the option was to remove ball from trap and play where it entered or play out of trap. The issue with playing out of traps was almost all were very hard and tough to chip out. Only issue with course is many ball marks on greens that individuals don’t repair. Highly recommend playing the course

Great Father’s Day Gift

My son treated me to a round for Father’s Day. We played as a twosome and we finished our round in three hours and 30 minutes. I thought the course was in very good shape. The only recommendation I would make would be to cut the roof a little bit shorter to make it easier to find a bar that goes off the fairway. Other than that I felt the tea boxes in greens and fairways were in great shape. The Ranger did a good job in keeping everyone moving.

New Jersey Advisor

Well Maintained. Fun Course.

Played with My Son around noon on a Monday. Tee times spaced out every 16 minutes so pace of play was excellent. We didn’t try to set any speed records as we were enjoying the weather and the day together but we played in 3 and 1/2 hours walking. The group in front of us was also a twosome who teed off on two before we teed off one. We stayed a hole behind them all day and didn’t see a group behind us until the 17th hole when a twosome in single carts appeared behind us.

The course is in good shape for May given how cold it’s been in Eastern PA. As I pulled in I immediately noticed how green the course was. The rough was lush but cut to about 2 1/2” so not overly penal. Tee boxes and fairways in very nice shape. A little on the thin side but I think they’ll fill in nicely over the next couple of weeks given the forecast. The greens were in excellent shape. They rolled faster than anything I’ve played this year north of South Carolina. They were hard and true. Balls coming from the rough would really roll out but a crisply hit iron from the fairway would check up for you. The sand traps looked in good condition but a local rule had them played as GUR due to no rakes (COVID-19).

The course is very pleasant with a nice mix of easy to hard holes. The course opens with an uphill par 4 that plays to around 400 yards from the blue tees with a generous landing area and a lone bunker on the right side of the green. It gives you a chance to ease into the round with an open par five as the second hole. The third is a short par 3 with water on the left and well bunkered. . The green is two tiered and can be a difficult two putt off on the wrong level.

The most difficult hole on the front is definitely the par 4 sixth. It is listed at 424 but plays uphill usually into the wind. On the day we played, there was a 20 mph wind into us. The hole played more like 470. The back is a lot of fun starting off with a short par 4 that runs a long a driving range with a huge net running down most of the hole. All in all a lot of variety. No two holes are similar and the conditions are usually good to very good.

I did not use any off course amenities this time. They usually have a great selection of microbrews. We say the cart girls twice on each nine. . The starter was very friendly. Joked around with us while we waited. I can’t wait to play TC again soon.

Limerick, Pennsylvania