Type Public/Resort
Dogwood Hills Golf Resort & Gardens

Year Built 1977
Architect Bryce Slater (1977)

Clubs No

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Accepted

Lovely Day for Golf

The course is in very good shape. The tees, fairways and greens are in excellent shape. The sand traps are in terrible condition which seems to be the case at a lot of courses. My only complaint is that Dogwood Hills has absolutely no Covid-19 safeguards in place. No masks in the clubhouse. No instructions to. not touch flagsticks. No safeguards in the holes. Rakes are all over the course and so are ball washers. This is the tenth course that I have played since April and it is the only one without any Cocvid-19 safeguards in place. No excuses. The course needs to do a lot better.

Great Course!

I played here for the first time today. It was lovely. Nice course, well maintained, friendly staff.

Very solid golf course

Staff friendliness was questionable but the course itself was great. Great layout fast greens no complaints

Great Day for Golf

This course and the people that run it are super cool. They take care of the facility and course. It's not a pro course, but it is well taken care of. Always a good day when I go there!

Back nine is gorgeous

Deceptively challenging. Many of the greens are above or below your approach in, makes for a good challenge. The back nine is magazine quality.

Slowest round of my life

Overall the course was in decent shape. Greens were incredibly soft with no roll and some still with aeration holes. Fairways were mostly intact. Bunkers awful. Tee boxes overall OK but rarely flat - felt I was hitting with my feet above or below the ball far too often.

Course layout is good. Challenging but fun to play.

BUT - the pace of play was the worst I’ve ever encountered. And that says a lot considering California courses with 6 min tee time spread leads to 5+ hour rounds. People yelling in backswings. Essentially the nightmare for lack of golf etiquette all around.

Commented on 07/10/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. This is by no means the standard we strive for as we aim to provide a 5-star experience every time. Please know that we are doing our best to work in compliance with the current restrictions and maintaining proper social distancing as our golfers health and safety is always our upmost priority. With that being said, we would like to apologize for missing the mark regarding pace of play. Please feel free to reach our to our team in the pro shop for further clarification in this matter. We hope that you will give us another chance to play Dogwood Hills Golf Resort & Gardens in the future.

All was great, except the cart!!!

The guy at the front was friendly, not overly friendly maybe cordial is a better description. As he handed me a towel to wipe of the cart seat he told me to grab a BLACK cart. I would soon figure out the black carts are the old gas style carts, literally everyone else I saw was in a grey electric cart. My cart would lag, I had to keep shutting the key off and back on or feather the gas to finally go. In my opinion I got that crap cart because I’m not a member OR because he never saw me before. It was very frustrating at times.

Now aside from that, the course is beautiful and a great layout. The greens are very nice and the fairways were also in great shape. I never had a flat or straight putt, I love that. The greens rolled really nice, you really had to pay attention to the direction of the grain. That was the first time I played on Bentgrass greens and I truly enjoyed it. All in all I would put up with a crappy cart again if that’s what it takes to play Dogwood hills again ( though I hope I get a grey cart next time). The course is an hour and fifteen minutes from my house in Rhea county TN, and well worth the time.

Golf in Alabama/Sand Mtn.

Excellent value! Great staff! Course is well taken care of. Need to work on the bunkers some, but this place is a great deal.

Great deal for this course.

I got one of the hot deals for this course. I had a wonderful time. It was a very cool layout. The course was challenging but not too hard. The greens moved but weren’t too fast. I will definitely be going back.

Course in Great Shape

The course was in great shape. Best I have seen it. Nice value for the $. Play a bit slow.

A Perfect Day

An absolutely perfect day to play golf on a beautiful course. Fairways were great, and the greens were perfect. The only nit to pick is that some of the tee boxes could be more level.
Always a great value for the money at Dogwood Hills.

A Hidden Jewel

Dogwood Hills Golf Resort was a pleasure to play.
The course has a challenging layout and because it is well marked it was easy for this first-timer to find the next hole.
Both forgiving and challenging; the distances are reachable but fair from each set of tee markers, and the landing zones are a reasonable width. There is some water on at least half of the holes. It'd help for you to be having a good ball striking day when playing this course!
I played from the white tees and am not a long hitter off the tee. I often found myself hitting mid-irons to hybrids on my second shot on the par 4s.
The course conditions were very reasonable. We've been having an unusual amount of rain this year (think record tying), and it had rained the day prior, but the fairways and greens had drained nicely even though there was water in some of the bunkers and cups!.
The greens are bent grass and roll well. They were cut before my 7:15 tee-time.
The Pro Shop staff was helpful but not exactly as welcoming as I've experienced at other courses..I'm pretty sure that it was the first-day on the job for the person waiting on me, and the ones assisting her were focused on teaching, not necessarily the customer's experience, but that is understandable. They were not rude or short by any means, and they capably answered all my first-timer questions. I'm sure I'll have a better experience the next time I visit, which I will definitely try to make happen!
After my round I went back into the pro-shop to buy some type of souvenir - a hat, shirt, ball marker...but the selection was very minimal, and once again the staff were being very task oriented and never asked if they could help me (they were busy doing more training). I ending up leaving without finding anything or finding out if they had any other stock located somewhere else other than what I could immediately see.
But golf wise, which is THE MAIN reason why we all show up to a golf course, was REALLY GOOD, and the value is unmatched in the area. I hope to be able to share the next round there with my adult-age sons.
Give the place a try!

Excellent & friendly staff,Great course with beautiful location

Great Staff
Great clubhouse & Amenities.
Driving Range
Course layout & condition great just a little wet from all the rain.
A couple par 3’s a little long & will challenge your mid - long iron game from the men’s (blue) tees
Great elevation changes on various holes some to the advantage from the tee, some making it play long.
Definitely will play again after learning some shot placement off the Tee will make a few holes play quite a bit better.
Overall Great Course for the cost to play it with Bent Grass Greens in excellent condition.

Great hidden gem

Fun course, not too tight or extremely long HOWEVER strategic shots into these greens is a must! Provides a great test of putting ability as there are definitely spots on the greens you don’t want to be putting from if you don’t want to three putt!

Gorgeous views, great value, worth the drive ( 1 hour from my house)

Give it a shot!!

Very nice public course. Really nice layout and mix of challenging holes.

Trenton, Georgia
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Chattanooga, Tennessee

Valid dates: Jun 06, 2017 - Jun 30, 2020
Let The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee create unforgettable Georgia vacations with packages that deliver adventure-filled weekend getaways, unrivaled golf outings or romantic escapes with your significant other.