Type Semi-Private/Resort

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Alabama (2016 #4)

Excellent round

I had stayed away from this course due to some maintenance issues last time I played, but was very happy to see those resolved and the course was in great shape - fast pace - responsive cart service and as always great pro shop experience. Course can be challenging or accommodating - depending of course on your shot making abilities any particular day!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Cherokee Ridge

Great layout, good condition fast pace of play. Nicest course in north Alabama and you can’t beat the GOLFNOW greens fee.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hidden gem. Great value for a great course

Course condition is getting much better than last time. Great layout and offering great deals at this time

Commented on 07/23/2020

Good value for money

Great course and layout.
Greens have improved a lot and course is on good condition

Commented on 07/20/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Great course.

Very picturesque course that can be tough if you haven’t played it before. I play here a couple of times a month.

Challenging

The course conditions are good considering the current circumstances. It is a challenging course, well maintained, and the staff is extremely courteous and professional.
I took a 10 year hiatus from golf and got back into it as a way to get some exercise outside during a time of social distancing and isolation earlier this year. The staff at Cherokee Ridge were extremely helpful in getting me to embrace the game once again. I would purchase a membership if I played more than once a week but I am definitely considering it for the future.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Very nice course

I play a lot of courses and this was one of the nicer ones I have played in a while. Joel in the club house was friendly and helpful. The course is in great shape. The carts are electric and strong. The course has beautiful views of waterfalls and ponds with amazing houses off the fairways. The club house looks like a million dollar club house (check it out online). The only thing I was disappointed in is that they don't have a marker at each hole telling you what hole you are on with a description of the hole and distances. Nothing but tee markers on the ground at each box. Fabulous course though. Play it.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Wow - Thank you for the four star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Great course - well laid out, moderately challenging. Enjoyed the round!

Commented on 06/16/2020

Best condition ever!

I’ve been playing Cherokee Ridge GC (CRGC) for many years and today’s condition is the best I’ve ever experienced! The fairways are immaculate and the ball rolls very well. The greens are in pristine condition! Kudos to everyone responsible!!!! Well done!!

Commented on 06/16/2020

Beautiful Layout

The course and greens are in great condition. They layout requires accurate drives and smart course management. Overall the course is beautiful, with a natural waterfall. I will definitely play this course again.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Good course

Course was in pretty good shape, bunkers need some work and the greens needed cut but still a good course.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hidden Gem

Really nice place and great staff. Had a great time .

Commented on 05/27/2020

Gorgeous Course

Course is making a comeback. Still needs some time, but the signs are promising

Commented on 04/20/2020

Super unfriendly staff

Golf course is a decent value for the GolfNow rate. Greens are extremely slow. Looked like they were being maintained about about 1” (no kidding). Rest of golf course was pretty clean, not many weeds. Staff was extremely unfriendly as we were only to make it 15 minutes before our tee time due to and extended delay due to road work. Tried to charge us $35 dollars after explaining multiple times that we were pay $23.62. Offered to show him my confirmation email and he said he didn’t care to look because he “didn’t believe it.” Also had a run in with a community resident on the third tee as we waited to tee off on the third hole. Seemed like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed or his wife left him and was extremely rude to our group. Typical of a guy who seemed as though he spent 20 minutes fixing his hair in the morning. Wouldn’t waste my time going back and wouldn’t recommended anyone else going.

Commented on 04/14/2020

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

First time at Cherokee Ridge

The course had a challenging layout, but even after a few days of sunshine, fairways were still waterlogged and muddy. The back nine had significantly better conditions than the front. I would wait for conditions to improve before playing again.

A good portion of tee shots are blind. It would have been beneficial to have a course layout map on the back of the score card.

Commented on 04/08/2020

Huntsville, Alabama
Hartselle, Alabama
Public/Resort

Valid dates: Jun 06, 2017 - Jun 30, 2020
Let The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee create unforgettable Georgia vacations with packages that deliver adventure-filled weekend getaways, unrivaled golf outings or romantic escapes with your significant other.