Type Semi-Private/Resort
Scorecard for Cherokee Ridge
Black M: 72.4/133 341 427 532 342 175 545 382 185 421 3350 528 170 364 362 577 189 402 380 406 3378 6728
Blue M: 70.6/129 321 389 522 334 145 495 371 163 406 3146 521 149 356 358 550 162 381 373 389 3239 6385
White M: 68.4/118 306 362 477 285 123 471 345 149 381 2899 496 135 328 343 507 120 366 347 360 3002 5901
Gold M: 66.7/115 W: 67.1/113 285 335 465 271 101 447 322 127 327 2680 472 112 298 324 446 105 321 323 336 2737 5417
Red W: 66.5/112 258 318 465 271 70 421 322 115 327 2567 451 97 265 324 418 94 270 297 303 2519 5086

Year Built 1992
Architect Sammy Dean

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Alabama (2016 #4)

Beautiful scenery and really nice layout

This course has some really great challenging holes. It seemed to have a lot of holes that you had to hit your drives with a hook or fade. It has a lot of water running beside the holes, but it didn’t seem to come in play too much. It has a lot of sand traps, but they were not well kept and we decided to just pull our balls out of them . Overall I would definitely go back.

Another round, similar experience.

This course has a great layout, providing challenging golf to every level of player. The drawback is that it shows signs of distress: greens are spotty, cart paths are uneven and in need of repair, there is water seeping throughout many of the fairways, the ball washers were empty of water and so are the water cooler stations. If you want to work on your game, give it a try. If you want a great experience with friends, this may not be the best choice. But at the Hot Deal price, it's worth it!

Simply beautiful

This beautiful course was already mostly green and most of the greens have already healed from spring punching. With minor imperfections they rolled fast and true. As this is a true test of golf skill bring your best game or forget about your card and just enjoy the unique country setting. How many golf courses have a waterfall visible from three different holes. When anywhere near north alabama you must play this one.

Beautiful day for Golf

Course has improved since last Fall, but it has s long way to go, Greens are much better, but they are much too hard. Sand traps are unplayable.

Commented On 04/17/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience markcpa. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Beautiful day for a round of golf!

One of the courses I'm willing to make the drive for. Interesting layout, good condition, makes you think on every shot. I just wish it wasn't soggy everytime I play there! I look forward to playing it when it's dry. It'll be fun!

Beautiful Course with Challegens

Cherokee Ridge is one of my favorite courses; always in good shape, great layout, and friendly, helpful, and courteous staff. The greens had not fully recovered from the annual aeroation at the time we played the course, but were still playable. Cherokee Ridge is among the best golf courses in the area.

As always-a great golf outing !

Cherokee Ridge is one of my favorite tracks in North Alabama and I gladly drive an hour to play it.
The layout is challenging but fair and the course is a scenic delight. Take time to enjoy the beautiful scenery.

You can tell it was a tough, wet winter, and the greens had been aerated

North Alabama experienced one of the wettest winters that we've had for years. Subsequently, it appears that it harshly affected this course. All of the bunkers had been washed out, had puddles of water (It hadn't rained here for three days), and had either very little sand or was just exposed clay. One of the tee-boxes (we played from the whites) had runoff from the hill above and therefore had no grass. Neither the GolfNow app nor the person in the Proshop mentioned that the greens had recently been aerated. Thankfully the greens were heavily sanded and rolled, so the putts rolled fast and were fairly predictably. My adult sons and I chose this course because it was only about 25 mins away from one of the boy's house. One of them played it last year and at the time was one of the best courses he had ever played. He remarked more than once about the contrast between this experience and his last time. Also, this is only March so the Bermuda fairways are still dormant. As we were leaving, the son for whom it was his first time there said he "enjoyed the course and looked forward to coming back later in the year." That pretty sums up our experience.

Wet and Lonely

Course was very wet after a very long, wet winter.

The course was playable , cart path only. Tough even walking in some areas. Sand traps were not playable. Greens were in good condition. Really nice layout. Lots of elevation changes. Remote from Huntsville, but worth the drive.

Commented On 03/06/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review!
We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Course has improved since last Fall, but it needs to improve a lot more. Greens are better but not great. Sand traps are totally unplayable.

Commented On 04/17/2019

Thank you for the great feedback markcpa! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. Our staff is happy to know we made a positive impact on your day! We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can really WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Fun day

First of all the staff was spectacular and treated us special. They went out of the way to make our round memorable. The course layout is challenging with a nice variety of difficulty. Our foursome had a beer at the turn at the clubhouse. When we finished they asked if we enjoyed the round, helped us unload the carts and asked us to come back anytime.

Not in good shape

This is one of my favorite courses in the area, as you can see from my previous reviews. However, under the current conditions, the course is almost unplayable!
I “played” seven holes and walked off frustrated!

Not good condition

I generally play this course and always give it a great review. However, today was less than optimal. Wet, soggy and leaves were not blown away. Some greens were not well maintained. Overall poor condition!

Greens

I really liked the layout of this golf course. It has a world of potential. However, the greens were just not good at all. I know they are going to get some new greens soon, at least that is what they said, but once this course gets their green situation fixed, this course will be a great value for everyone

Too hot for golf

Greens are in HORRIBLE shape. Course is going to redo the greens in the near future. Sand traps are in bad condition. Everything else was okay. I can NOT recommend this course until the greens are renovated. I was very disappointed. I believe that the course will have to be closed for awhile to fix the greens. I got a pretty good deal on Golfnow, but it was still not worth the drive.

Fun and challenging course.

Great round of golf for the money. Beautiful scenery and nice layout. Look forward to playing it again.

Arab, Alabama
Guntersville, Alabama
Huntsville, Alabama
Hartselle, Alabama

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC