Type Semi-Private/Resort
Cherokee Ridge Country Club

Year Built 1992
Architect Sammy Dean

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Alabama (2016 #4)

Getting Better,.

They greens are getting better,. Bunkers were in good shape, and they were the best I ever seen since I being playing out there.,, The Par 5s out there are all challenging,. And the first hole might be hardest hole on the course.

Commented on 02/05/2020

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Windy, Cold and Windy

We enjoyed our round despite tough weather conditions. The course was very wet and CPO. Greens were in very good condition. Other than wet, the fairways were in good shape for winter. Sand traps were unplayable. We noticed good number of maintenance staff working on the course while we were playing. Club house is getting a bit run down and needs some TLC. A fun course that is unexpected from it's out of the way location.

Commented on 01/06/2020

Thank you for the great feedback westforkmember! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Super fun, players course.

I love this course and play when ever I come to the Huntsville area. Great layout with challenging tee shots and approaches. Knowing where to hit your tee shot is a must. Greens are decent but a little firm. For bent grass greens the ball did not check up as well as some. All the par threes are pretty easy. Some tight 4s.

Commented on 01/06/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Huskerinar! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Great Challenging Golf Course!

Great course! But the layout should be switched back to 10th being the 1st hole. Greens and bunkers need more attention.

Commented on 12/12/2019

Hi Walt. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 star review! We always aim for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback for improvement and will use it to make the necessary changes. Thank you for playing Cherokee Ridge Country Club.

Great Challenging Course!

This is a great challenging course! The Greens could use more attention. That course deserves better care. It's has a beautiful water fall which is spectacular. The reason I rated the course layout so poor is because the 1st hole should be the 10th hole. Plus it's a par5 and most layouts don't start with a par 5 which demands very different approach shot! But over all,.. This course is a hidden gem!

Commented on 12/19/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Great golf course

Course was in good condition, green could use a little work but overall in good shape.

Commented on 12/05/2019

Cherokee Ridge is always a delight to play. Somewhat challenging with a variety of challenges for golfers at all levels. Greens are recovering nicely after the unusually hot summer stresses.

Commented on 11/21/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review mymarjie! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Good challenging layout

Very good topography and layout.
The greens are slowly getting better especially on the back 9.
Good value for money.

Commented on 11/08/2019

Thank you for the great feedback and noticing our improvements! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

North Alabama jewel

Cherokee Ridge has a great course layout in a beautiful rural setting. Dedicated maintenance is bringing the greens back from the stressing summer heat damage. I wished I lived in the community so I could play every day.

Commented on 11/07/2019

Improving

First time I had played here this year due to the comments about the greens. Overall, the course was in very good shape, especially the fairways. Of course, the layout is stellar and the scenery great. The greens were not perfect with several bad spots on each, but outside of those, they were fine and putted well. The greens are NOT a reason to stay away.

Go Play! It’s the best public- accessible course in North Alabama!

Looking good

Anyone who has played this course, knows the direction it was heading in the last few years. They are working hard to bring it back and even if you just played a few weeks ago, you would be amazed at the progress they have made. The greens are looking great, the fairways are immaculate.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Wow! Thank you for the great feedback Razorwyr! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Very professional course with some degree of difficulty. Very well kept and great greens. Highly recommend.

Needs some rain

The course had a great layout and I aesthetically pleasing. The greens were in rough shape, probably due to the lack of rain in the area. The fairways were in great shape, I wish that I used them more in the round.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Thank you for the great feedback coldshad! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. Our staff is happy to know we made a positive impact on your day! We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can really WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Wonderful and scenic course.

Premier North Alabama course and always fun to play. Greens currently a little rough due to maintenance and over-seeding, but great grounds crew will soon have conditions back to excellent.

Disappointed with greens

Love this course. The layout is challenging enough but this time I played the greens were in very rough shape. I was told that they had over-seeded, aerated, and watered the greens 4 times a day but with the current drought and heat they just are not able to maintain the greens like they want.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience Wilkoson. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Some greens were rough and recently aerated, but this is a good, challenging layout and a great value!

Commented on 10/24/2019

Thank you for the great feedback sandwedge! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Commented on 10/24/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience Ron. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. We would the opportunity to bump those 3 stars to 5. Please come back soon and allow us to WOW you on your next visit! Until then, take care!

Greens are in rough shape - August

Overall, I thought the course was scenic and had a decent layout. I definitely can't complain about the $49/Hot Deal I paid for the round. However, since Cherokee was recommended to me as a 'country club', I expected this to be more upscale. 2/3's of the greens look like the photos I posted and the majority of the bunkers had weeds growing in them and hadn't been raked in forever. The 'driving range' grass was a combination of bare, clumpy and uneven patches. As a country club in a gated community, I just expected more and regretted not going back to RTJ/Cove. Hopefully they can get things turned around but if you're planning to play there over the next month, I would look for the Hot Deals and avoid full price.

Commented on 10/24/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience James. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Cherokee

Course was in good condition overall. Greens we’re spotty in patches and burnt out in others. Bent grass this time of year is hard to hold. Speed was still good and they rolled fine. Bunkers need some work in spots.

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).