Denham Springs Country Club

Par 4 4 3 4 4 3 5 4 4 35 70
Handicap (W) 7 13 15 5 11 17 1 9 3

Year Built 1956

Clubs No

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Great Day of Golf!

We certainly enjoyed our Day of Golf. What a blessing....the great value through Golf Now, the challenge of the game itself , the course at Denham Springs Country Club and Amanda at the Clubhouse was extremely pleasant and helpful. The only downfall was after 8 holes it started raining...but we were blest with a "rain check" so we will be coming back. Thank you Golf Now and Denham Springs Country Club for a Great Day of Golf.

Greens could use some help....

A neat little 9-holer but the greens were horrible. Sorry, it is what it is. I would play it again if the greens were in better condition, if not, I won't ever play here again.

Terrible Course Layout

Multiple holes share tee boxes. The layout is very deceiving and there are times when you have no idea which hole you're shooting at.

Fun time with good pace

New carts, nice fairways. Greens are small and elevated, so hard to hold and chip. My wife and I played. Great for her since it is good for her to practice.

great time

The weather was perfect and the greens were better than ever. I'm going back soon.

Wow! This is not the course it used to be!

I live in Austin and this was my hometown course back in the early-mid 2000's. I played here most of my child hood and where I honed my skills. This is also where our Denham High school golf team practiced.

I decided to see what was going on with this course, especially after the flood last year, and even the fairly decent recent reviews.

I expected it to be in decent shape as it used to be but this is not the course it used to be what so ever. It used to be in fairly decent shape, however, the course was in absolute horrific shape. My brother hit a few 'worm-burners' in the fair way and it barely rolled 30 yards; that's how uncut the fairways (Yes, I said fairways) were.

I understand that it has rained a lot the past few weeks but it was no excuse. The grass hadn't looked like it was cut in a month. The fairway grass was almost as tall as the normal lawn grass around houses; it was pathetic.

There's not much worse feeling in golf when you hit a fairway spot on and have to still look for your ball.

Their warm up green was even a joke. There was no where to warm up putting like there used to be.

The only positive thing I can say about this course was pace of play. It was excellent because we were the only ones out there; now I know why!

Also, I am not sure where the $8 fees came from. I booked through Golf Now and it was $20 for everything (cart and 9 holes). I would suggest calling directly to see if you can get that price since that's about what I would paid for on this course.

Needless to say, I hope this course closes soon since it is clear they have given up.

It could use a little work. But for the price unbeatable.

This course has great potential

The greens on the course are a little too sandy and need to have more grass be able to grow on them so that your ball will have a pure roll to the hole. Other than that. Really peaceful course and would play it again.

Great little 9-holer when its kept up.

I now have played this course a total of 8 times. Being not far from me, its convenient and very come as you are. I don't feel rushed or intimidated as a beginner to play here. The greens could use a little more consistent work- but all in all- I really love the course and the people there.

Cant Beat the Price

Cant beat 8.00 dollars for a round of golf. Cut down the big tree on #5.

You get what you pay for

Although this course has improved, it is still in need of major work. The greens are very small so you better know how to use your wedges. It is a 9 hole course that is played "2 different ways" which means it's a 9 hole course just played twice, haha. Nothing about this course is wonderful, except for maybe the golf carts which are very nice.

Don't expect much from this course, but it is fun for only $12.

Another decent round in DSCC

I played this round around 10am on a Friday morning. There was only 1 cart path only hole besides the par 3's so not a bad shake. The course was in good shape and I enjoyed my round.

If all you want to do is play cheap golf and you don't care about the shape of a course, then play here.

Booked a $10 hot deal and we thought it would be a decent course, by that I mean we thought it would be worth the normal Friday rate ($27 with a cart). Our assumption could not have been more wrong. The grounds conditions were deplorable from the tee box to the greens on every hole, and the grounds crew started mowing in the middle of the day when the course was full. There were bare spots everywhere, and the course had no truly defined fairways. There were branches and burn piles in between fairways and under trees. The tee boxes were riddled with bare spots (from a lack of watering, not divots). The carts were clearly not washed after the previous day; beer had been spilled in 3 of the four cup holders and on the floorboard, so most of the cart was sticky and smelled like stale beer. No actual practice chipping or putting green, they just mowed a bare spot by the first tee and threw down a couple of pins and cups. The best part of the course (and really the only positive part of the course) was the nice lady in the pro-shop bar and the beer prices.

Wet course needs a lot of TLC

The course needs a lot of help also it is not. a true 18 hole course it is the same 9 holes from seperate tee boxes. The greens are in really bad shape with lots of divots to make reading a true line almost impossible. I wouldnt spend more than 10 dollars to play this course:

9 Hole split tee course

Don't expect much but quite fun when course conditions are cut and dry. Drainage doesn't come easy. Fun but greens are pitted currently.

Greens

The greens are in extremely poor condition. It took all of the fun out of playing golf.

Good course to play

Good course for the money. Would play it again with friends and family. A great starter course for kids

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019