Stonebridge Golf Club of New Orleans - Championship Course

Type Private
Style Links
Stonebridge Golf Club of New Orleans

Year Built 1984
Architect John F. Robinson (2005)

Getting better keep up the good work.

Played the course when it was redone years before katrina the greens rolled very smooth, now the ball bounces on the greens.

27 Holes!!!

Stonebridge is in really good shape. It is playable after the worst rain. What separates this course from the rest is having 27 holes. All 27 holes are good golf holes. Most important they are always doing something new to improve things. Today hole 2 was going thru major bunker work. A small inconvenience.

Hit or Miss

I’ve been scooping up hot deals at Stonebridge for as long as I can remember. My last round before today was over a year ago and I have recently seen rave reviews on the course so I went and played.

The Good: $20 weekday hot deals is a steal. To be honest there’s nothing special about the course but it does have a different style and feel than any other course around here. During the week you will pretty much have the course to yourself, I would say 85% of my rounds here (weekdays before noon) there is maybe 2-4other groups on the course. I’m a sucker for free range balls too which is included with the round. The staff has always been cool and I’ve never had any issues. I’m not sure of the progress of the “Harvey 9” but I did see people playing it today. It has been under construction for forever.

The Bad: I’m not picky when it comes to course conditions. This course in its best shape becomes one of the best values in the Nola area. However that is rarely the case and when it’s bad, it’s REALLY BAD. It might have the worst drainage system in the world. If it sprinkles for more than 10 minutes this course is doomed. It has been like that for as long as I can remember. And for the love of God please cut the grass. I didn’t hit one water ball but still managed to lose about 8 balls because of the flourishing jungle that is developing just a foot off the fairway.

At the end of the day it’s plenty good enough for me. It’s good cheap golf and no one ever bothers you which I love. I played 18 in less than 3 hours which is almost nonexistent these days. Definitely has potential but nothing has changed regarding improvements to the course like I’ve been hearing.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Stonebridge Golf Club of New Orleans - Championship Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Greens are some of the fastest I have played in a long time. Greens are really firm even after all of the rain that has been in the area recently. Greens are really big but do not hold well at all. As for the rest of the course we really enjoyed it. Rough is not a place you want to be. Fairways were in good shape. There are a lot of bunkers that seemed to come into play and they were either full of water or like hitting off of concrete.

New Orleans Advisor

Play it NOW!

This is as much a home course as I have. The first tee is about a quarter mile from my front door. I have reviewed this course previously.
As I play this course often, I don't review it every round.
Today, the course is in good shape. I used GolfNow for a hot time and only paid $20 for the round (with fees and taxes it came up to $25 - great deal). Normally you can get on here for $30 or less during the week, and for that number it's outstanding. Course is in as good shape as I've seen it in some time, save for a few fairway bunkers that are having work done on them. Fairways are good, greenside bunkers are mostly decent (18 has no sand, just hardpan), greens are running GREAT right now. The rough is a little high and can tend to be a bit juicy. We get a lot of rain in the summer and it's hard to cut the rough well. But overall, this course is solid right now and the price is very good!

Good Value

Can't go wrong paying 30 or less on golf now to play here. It is in good shape. The proshop staff is always super friendly.
I will be back!

Overall this course is in good shape

Had a great experience except for fairway bunkers on most holes. Some have no sand and others are poorly maintained. First and second cut of rough was a bit overgrown but fairways and greens were perfect.

excellent links course

I have been a member for 17 years at Stonebridge and the course is in terrific condition The greens are great shape as well

Hot, Hotter, Hot as Heck!

Both the weather and the course! !00 plus degree hear index did not discourage myself and my golfing buddies from replaying Stonebridge 2 weeks after an initial return after a yearlong layoff. Why the layoff? The course had deteriorated. However under new ownership and management the course is flourishing. Well-maintained fairways and greens are evident; the bunkers are still a work in progress but getting better. Oh yea, the heat. By the turn at 9, all three of us were ready to throw-in the towel because the heat was too intense. We soldiered on, if not just to say we completed the course. Stonebridge can only get better: and I hope it does. Well worth a play!

Course is in good shape. Greens are in excellent shape. They are working on some spots, so improvements are in the works. Well worth the money and time!

"The New Stonebridge"

Pleasantly surprised at the improved conditions at Stonebridge: newly paved cart paths, repaired bridge, lush fairways and greens and additional tee boxes. I had hesitated playing there for the last year or two because of the so-so course conditions. In speaking to the new management they have plans to improve the course by repairing the bunkers and it seems, narrow the fairways a bit. They are advertising Stonebridge as a links course and it seems like they are taking steps to achieve that goal. I recommend playing "the new Stonebridge."

One if the best courses in New Orleans.

Fairways r in great shape greens r in good shape. It’s a very enjoyable course to play.

Golf in New Orleans

Extremely disappointed with Stonebridge GC. The condition of the course was terrible. No sand in any of the traps. The greens we rough and poorly maintained. Overall, this course was extremely disappointing.

Commented on 04/11/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Stonebridge Golf Club of New Orleans. We hope to see you again in the future.

Good balue

Very courteous and professional staff. Nice course layout. Enjoyable!

Commented on 03/25/2019

Hi, We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 3-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take 3-star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Stonebridge Golf Club of New Orleans.

Weather was beautiful. Course was in good shape. The greens were a little rough but good. Overall I would recommend this course to anyone looking for a good place to play. . I plan on returning when ever I have the opportunity.

Good value makes the bad areas ok

Huge greens! They are having some trouble on the edges of a couple greens and a late pop of poa, but other than that greens were fun. Sank a 20’ on 9 and that green probably has the 2nd most poa with number 3 being the worst. Green side bunkers were clean and edged and played well. You can tell they have renovated some of the fairway bunkers but still need to complete the rest of the fairway bunkers. The course is improving for sure. I hope they get those fairway bunkers renovated soon. That’s by far the biggest knock I have on the place.

Commented on 03/15/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our course, Stonebridge Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will continue to see improvements in the course the next time you are with us. We are glad to see that you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with us, and we will take you feedback regarding the fairway bunkers into account in order to make any necessary improvements.Thank you for playing our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Not in good shape at all

The contract between GolfNow and this course is active but there seems to be a disconnect when it comes to booking.
I had to wait over 45 minutes just to get to play because the information was not on the courses tee sheet as I was told, so it was extremely frustrating.
I don't even want to ever go back.

Commented on 03/08/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Stonebridge Golf Club. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that there was miscommunication about the course and the issues you encountered when trying to book with us. We will make sure to pass this along to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

Gretna, Louisiana
Avondale, Louisiana
Metairie, Louisiana

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.