Type Private

When Timberlane County Club opened in 1959, it was the first private golf club on the west bank of the Mississippi. The oaks planted at that time have beautifully matured, adding to both the scenery and difficulty of the golf course. Robert Trent Jones, Sr. designed the course, crafting a challenging test that has been ranked as one of the most difficult golf courses in the country. You'll have to contend with 80 strategically placed sand bunkers and 17 different water hazards. While the course is not overly punishing, you'll have to be prepared to have every aspect of your game tested. Before tackling Timberlane C.C. golf course you may find it helpful to warm up using the club's all-grass driving range and you can use the large putting green to practice with putting, chipping, and sand play.

Timberlane Country Club

Year Built 1959
Greens TifEagle Grass
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1959)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Nice

Greens were good - fairways were cut – great value – looking forward to playing again when it when it’s cooler.

New Orleans Advisor

Coming Back

This course has its ups and downs. It's a course I used to play regularly, but due to course conditions I hadn't been out there in months. Pleased to say it's on it's way back. They had serious issues with the greens earlier, but they are about 90% good, though they were very wet today from watering (even at 10am...). They've done a good job getting sand in the bunkers also. Overall, the course was in decent shape. And for the price, it was absolutely worth it. Got a deal on GolfNow for the round.

Point Fairways

The courses greens are much better than they used to be. However; for the fairways some of them had grass as high as the rough. They also waited until friday morning to cut the fairways, one of the busiest golf days days. There was lose cut grass all over the course. i Would hit a ball on the fairway and lose it under cut grass.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Timberlane Country Club another try in the near future.

nice outing

course in good shape considering all the rain.
rough was very high, i thinking because they couldn't
mow because of the rain.
rather open, so not much difficulty.
the gal behind the counter, denise, was very cordial.

Love love love this course

I wish I could afford to a member .

Great lay out

Timberlanr

I think the lady at the front desk who check me in was very rude, because of her I will never book this course again. She acted that Golfnow people was not worth her time. She really put a damper on my round by the way she acted. Course was ok.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Hello Dan, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact the GolfNow customer service team at 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Commented on 06/26/2019

Commented on 06/17/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave Timberlane Country Club a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Horrible greens

The greens are literaaly like putting on waste areas. The tees and fairways are decent. Although the local rules are automatic two putts, if you hit a good shot you dont even want to pitt for birdie. It coulb be an above average course but the gteens ruin it.

Commented on 05/17/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Rio Rico Golf Club. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the course may have not been in the best shape when you played. We value your feedback and will make sure to pass this along to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

Sunny at Timberlane

Enjoyed another good round at Timberlane G.C. with my golfing partner, Skip. I like Timberlane because it is more challenging than some of the other local New Orleans golf courses. The fact that it was designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. is also an incentive to play there.

Yesterday was a warm and humid day to play. The tees and fairways were in good shape. The greens appear to be undergoing reseeding for summer play right now and so, are in fair-poor condition, at least for the time being. If you are looking for the "perfect course" right now in the New Orleans area it may be difficult to find. TPC is going to be closed soon for summer reseeding and Joe Bartholomew on the East Bank is undergoing similar issues with their greens. If you want to enjoy a challenging course with good tees and fairways without fussing too much about the greens, then I recommend Timberlane G.C. for you! Plus, if you call the Clubhouse, you may get a cheaper green fee than using an online booking agent.

Commented on 05/03/2019

Tourists Stay away

While the locals probably know how bad the greens are on this course, if you are traveling into New Orleans and want to golf you will not want to golf here. I golfed here in February and the greens were just as bad , but in all fairness winter is not the best time and I didn't feel justified in giving the course a poor rating. These greens are by far the worst greens you will ever golf on, it is truly a shame to see what has happened to this beautifully designed rtj senior course. You know things are bad when they have a sign on hole number one saying it as a two-putt course , once you see the greens you will know why. Please do not insult my intelligence with your cut and paste response and just let it go...... kind of like the way you have let this course go.

Commented on 04/30/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Timberlane Country Club. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements and hope you will notice some of these improvements soon.

'Here We Go Again'

I returned to Timberlane after a few months layoff due to inclement weather and the preference of my golfing partner to play in New Orleans proper. I was looking forward to playing at Timberlane because it was designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr.

I had a good round. Though some of the rough was water-logged and even contained standing water, the 90 degree rule was in effect which made the wide fairways easier to navigate with the cart. Because play was limited that day I pretty much had the course to myself. Consequently, I could take my time and actually scored one of my best rounds anywhere.

Except for some standing water the course was in vary good shape. One limitation right now is that the greens were aerated and sanded and so the putting game was limited. Presumably, in another week or two the greens will be ready to roll true. Check with the freindly staff before playing to find out if the greens are back to "par."

One of the more pleasant experiences of this round was to discover that green fees were reduced to compensate for the aerated and sanded greens. Unfortunatley, this change did not appear on the Golf Now webiste; and so even though Timberlane chargerd me the reduced rate I had to pay the online booking fee. Lesson leaerned? For the time being, call TImberlane for the green fees price before booking through an online agent.

Overall, I great round!

Commented on 04/16/2019

Hello, Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 2-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take 2- star feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Timberlane Country Club.

great day

great course ! But entering the pro shop from Lapalco blvd terrible !!!!

Greens were in very poor shape, bare spots on multiple greens. The fairways on the back nine were aerated, so there were plugs all over. Would have been nice to know before heading out.

Commented on 03/28/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Timberlane Country Club. We are sorry to see that the greens may not have been in the best shape when you played. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use it to make the necessary improvements to the course. Our golfers overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. Thank you for your choosing our course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great price

Great price for the round. Although greens are bumpy, but they are fixing the issue.

Played with my brother. We had a great time. The grass was higher than normal because the course was wet but not the fault of the course management.

Non-Member? Not really welcome.

Let's start with the ridiculous fact that you can not enter the parking lot unless you are a member. I called the pro shop to gain access to their EMPTY parking lot and was told to park under the trees (see photo) and walk in. The woman working the pro shop is borderline rude. She told me they were cart path only, which I acknowledged, then she proceeded to write it on my receipt in big, bold colorful letters (just in case I'm a moron and can't remember). Having started off with a negative impression, I went on to discover this course has the worst greens I have played in quite a while, they haven't cut a new cup in who knows how long, and the fairways play more like rough (see remaining photos). So, if you want to be treated as an outsider, and play horrible course conditions, and you don't mind lugging all your stuff from the dirt/mud in the unpaved areas outside the parking lot, by all means give Timberlane a try!
I won't be back.

Commented on 03/08/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our course, Timberlane Country Club. We are sorry to see that you had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Timberlane Golf Course

I have played at this course several times and each time my experience here has gotten much worse. Most of the times I play are at 4p.m. and kids from high school run the show. They are either eating at the front counter or joking around while you are just trying to check out. As for the range, they have been using the same golf balls for over a year without any rotation. As for the course itself the cart path is terrible making it bumpy the whole afternoon, the greens are rough on just about every hole, and 80% of there bunkers are filled with water. I must say timberlane is the worst course on the west bank of New Orleans. I will not return to this course until I hear from someone else that there has been improvement.

Metairie, Louisiana
Avondale, Louisiana

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.