Warminster's Five Ponds Golf Club

4.0072000000 4.0 stars from 5 (101)

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Yellow 71 5711 yards 66.9 119

Warminster's Five Ponds Golf Club, true to its name, weaves through a series of five ponds that are deftly incorporated into the design. Naturally, water is a prominent feature on the course but there is also a rolling topography that provides interesting elevation changes. The layout starts with a more open front nine and becomes tighter and more wooded on the back nine. Many of the holes have elevated tees that offer scenic views of the surrounding countryside. It provides a challenging but fair round that features wide fairways and large, receptive greens that make it approachable for beginners. In addition to the golf course, Five Ponds boasts an all grass driving range and a 7,000 square foot putting green. Its condition, amenities, and of course the scenic layout have made the club one of the most popular public courses in the area.

Location is in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals advanced golfers walkers   Challenges include water hazards narrow fairways bunkers   Great for drinks

"Fast greens"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

Course in great shape. Greens were very fast and smooth...almost tour caliber. Once you got speed down all you had to do was put the putt on a good line. Layout of holes has variety of design and length. Regular players I went out with more friendly than staff. Starter seemed useless as group of regular players lined themselves upon first tee.

"Best Condition"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

I don't go to this local course enough. On this latest visit I found the course in very good condition with smooth and very fast greens and lush fairways. The greens while fast were fair. Pace was OK, not great not terrible.

"great in off season"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/26/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

Late season golf near Philly can yield some iffy conditions but Five Ponds was in good shape as it has been most all year. The greens were mostly smooth but with a few bumps to be expected that were not the fault of the course conditions. Fairways were good as well. Tees will need reworked before next season so I was surprised the tee markers had not be pulled for the winter and either temp tees place of you could play from any tee you wanted. Overall very pleased.

"Solid course"

Michael4767334's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2015

A little unorganized but a good value if you get a golf now price.... Flew through the back nine after a slow front. 4 hour round. Water can come into play most of the holes. A fun track.

"quality public golf"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This is a quality public golf course that gets a lot of play but is generally always in good condition. The greens are always good. The challenge of the course will test the best players and with five sets of tees golfers can pick the right yardage to get the most enjoyment. However most forward tees are too long for average woman player based on USGA standards. That said, there are cart path markers for Family Tees marked for players who hit the tee ball 150 yards and 120 yards. Rates are in line for the area.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Pace of Play and No Help"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2015

Course is very walkable. Greens were a bit rough. While on course, called Pro Shop twice (hole 7 and hole 12) requesting ranger assistance with mega-slow, inexperienced foursome. Individuals from this group held up other groups in adjacent fairways. One one hole, slow group had caused four groups to be backed up on it. If ranger responded to call #1, it did little good. On second call, Pro Shop didn't answer (call placed 25 minutes before posted Pro Shop closing). Group finally let our group through on hole #16. Courses that don't actively manage pace of play get put on my "Do Not Play" list which why I would not recommend this course to a friend. If corrected, I would recommend this course especially if greens improved.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"I WILL NEVER PLAY HERE AGAIN"

skidoo9798's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

My friend and I recently played this course over Memorial Day weekend. With so many nice public courses in the area we like to rotate between courses. We hadn’t played here in a couple of years but my friend drove by and said it looked like it was in great shape so we booked a tee time for Sunday morning. The course was in fairly good shape considering the long cold winter we endured. We were having a very enjoyable round until we came to the 17th hole which was a downhill par 3 over water. We all hit our tee shots and hopped in the carts and drove to the green. We parked the carts and got out and walked to the pin which was about 40 yards away on the other side of the green. As we were putting the course ranger came up and took the key from our cart. He very rudely stated that we were parked too far up the cart path. The cart was completely on the cart path and my friend I were confused as to why he had such a belligerent attitude. Instead of politely asking us to move the cart back a little he kept the key and hopped in his cart. Any other course I have ever played if you were doing something wrong the ranger would ALWAYS politely give you a warning first. Before he sped away with our cart key he had the audacity to tell us to “HAVE A NICE WALK BACK”. We abruptly picked up our balls, grabbed our bags off the cart and started walking back to the club house. We walked about 40 yards before we were approached by the starter who had left his post and drove his cart out to us. He was very nice gentleman and profusely apologized on behalf of the course and for the unacceptable behavior of the ranger. He offered us the cart key back which we promptly refused on principle. He went on to say that the ranger had treated other players the same way for parking in the same spot on numerous occasions. He said in each case the players simply left the course without saying a word and never returned for another round. He strongly encouraged us to speak with the club manager about the unacceptable behavior of the ranger. He was very nice and we thanked him and continued our walk to the club house. When we arrived back at the club house we asked for the manager and were told that he was on his way back in from the course. We explained the whole story to the club manager who in turn took our information and said that he would talk to the ranger and then call us. We never received that phone call or an apology and will never return to this course again. My buddies and I have played 100’s of courses in numerous states and have never been treated so poorly!!!! There are too many nice courses in the area too waste your hard earned dollars here. I have never written a negative review of a course in my life but I am still fuming over the lack of courtesy and belligerent attitude of the five ponds Five Ponds staff!!!!!

"Always fun to play"

ludygolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I always enjoy playing the course. Some greens are a little beat up and still need to fill in from the weird spring we had. Pace of play could be better, but a lot of that depends on who your playing with and if your losing balls into hazards or water on some holes. Generally the course is in good shape.

"Disappointed..."

heesookim's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2015

Course condition is not up to par at all. Used to come to this place for better greens, fairways and tee boxes. Very disappointed. Double booked with the outing group, makes us on the edge as well although course manager accommodated and the whole outing group were playing at decent pace.

"dont go.."

garyismith's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/09/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Worst greens I have ever played on.. every green but one suffered major damage from the winter.. fairways were also horrible. Layout is good but stay away until they are able to repair the course.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Greens are in terrible shape."

Imran4100520's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2015

Nice layout for the course and challenging.

The distances makers are way off and deceiving. Greens are in terrible condition when I played.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Recovering from a harsh winter"

ARMGolf's avatar
New Jersey Advisor

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2015

Course is a nice track although there are holes that go back and forth that make it a bit of a shooting gallery Overall conditions were mediocre as the course is recovering from a harsh winter with a lot of winter kill on fairways and greens. This is more a cosmetic than playability issue. The greens look horrible but they putt ok. Some of the greens were a little bumpy. One of the best fetaures of this course is the greens so hopefully they will come around. The eighth green was in very good shape and is indicatve of what the course is usually like. Pace of play on a Tuesday afternoon was 4 1/2 which was a bit slow for our group of accomplished golfers who play fast. We waited on every shot and never saw a ranger. Course has a good range and practice facility. One of the better practice putting greens around.

"Fun time"

u110220444's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/28/2014

Course was in good condition. Staff was great. Fun, relaxing time.

"This course is the best public course I have ever played."

commtg1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/18/2014
Previously played Used cart Average weather Verified Purchaser

I have played 5 ponds many times.<br/> I had a steady tee time there for years.

It is a great course !

Play there and you will agree.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Good conditions especially for winter golf"

pgmaher's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/15/2014

Sure Winter was still a few days away but you wouldn't know it judging from the course conditions at five ponds. Pretty much all of the tee boxes were moved forward so play was a little more forgiving but the fairways were well manicured and the greens were soft and predictable. Overall a great day of golf when you wouldn't really expect it.

"Nice course"

changts's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Course is not but the Tees were moved up too much for winter. All Tees were playing at the Ladies Tees.

"Good, tight challenging course"

Rpalmasano's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2014

Course in very good shapestaff was very friendly. Other golfers were friendly and courtious

"Always in good shape"

rob7003244's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2014

It's always nice to play this course .<br/> for how much play it gets, the conditions are always very good. One of the nicer public courses in Bucks County.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Large greens"

rudyolph's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The greens were a very large target but elevation changes made club selection important to position yourself for easier putting.<br/> Tree lined fairways could punish you.<br/> Quite an enjoyable round on a well maintained course.

"5 ponds"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2014

Senior rate great value. Fairways experiencing some wear