Joseph M. Bartholomew Golf Course

Type Municipal
Joseph Bartholomew Golf Course
Scorecard for Joseph M. Bartholomew, Sr Golf Course
Blue M: 72.2/123 400 448 388 574 161 515 354 173 406 3419 368 360 512 440 171 525 208 448 403 3435 6854
White M: 70.0/117 374 421 361 533 141 480 328 159 377 3174 341 334 486 409 157 497 193 418 371 3206 6380
Gold M: 67.0/110 339 339 326 487 120 434 297 145 339 2826 317 304 430 368 144 452 163 375 335 2888 5714
Red W: 70.1/115 319 358 304 445 101 404 277 132 316 2656 282 282 409 343 130 423 133 351 312 2665 5321

Year Built 1956
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Emerald Bermuda Grass

Great round at JB muni

First time playing this course and it was a pleasureable round. I will definitely go back. I'm sure this place is busy on the weekend, but today was a good paced single round. I was able to find the next hole fairly easy following the guy in front of me, but the layout is pretty straight forward. They take good care of the greens and the tee boxes. There were some bare spots, but few and far between. Also the bunkers were some of the best I've been in. Had no trouble getting out.

Golf nut

Course in excellent condition. The only compliant i have is they allow groups of 5 and 6 tee off together rather than splitting them up. Those groups drastically slow the pace of play. Turns 4hr round into a 5 to 6 hr. round.

Joe B

Good condition, friendly staff, we play there maybe once a month.

The course is in great shape but be aware with all the rain it's cart path only some holes.

Best Municipal 18 in New Orleans

For the Money you can't beat this course

Tee boxes: Good not a single complaint, some where wet but it has been rainy so it isn't the courses fault. Fairways: Good, clear delineation of fairway and rough. When I played there were some areas where the fairways were wet so the course doesn't have the best drainage in areas, but when it rains every day you just have to play lift clean and place. Greens: Good! Sandy to combat the rain, but somehow they were still fastish and rolled true, so no complaints. Layout: Decent, it wasn't the most beautiful layout, but it was moderately difficult. The wet conditions made the course tougher because there are some longer holes so it was all about how far you could carry your driver.. Overall: I enjoyed my round and would recommend if you want to get a nice 18 holes in. Friendly staff, plenty of drinkable cold water, and decent conditions. It is a great municipal course.

Good course for the money

I enjoyed the course a lot. It's not in the same league as English Turn but for the price it was in good shape and challenging with lots of water and sand. Staff was friendly, they had a beverage cart,restaurant and bar. No complaints.

Good condition

Course is in good condition and the greens are some of the best for the public courses in the area

Ponchartrain Park/Bartholemew

Great course for the $. Solid lay-out, good greens.

New Orleans Golfers Deserve Better Service

The course itself is in good shape and is a good deal for the money. Unfortunately the staff couldn't care less about customer service. They can't even get their story straight about what time tee times cut off. I was told once I was too late because they stopped taking tee times at 5:30, the I show up on time the next week and they say they stopped taking tee times at 5:00. My impression is that they are lazy and stop when they want to. They have no investment in whether people come back or not, so they just don't care. Furthermore, they consistently allow 5 and 6 players at a time, or one time I'm pretty sure I saw more, to be a group. This just slows down everything for everyone--especially when they're gambling, and playing even more slowly. But like I said, they just don't care. It's a shame because it's a nice course--especially when it's only competition in the price range is the North Course at City Park, but you'd better be prepared to be treated like dirt because when they feel like it they will. I'll probably go back but if there were something close to it in quality and price, I'd never golf there.

For being the first time here, I enjoyed it and staff were great! I had a lot of fun and frustration at the same time because mainly is a part 3 and 4. Great practice on your short game.

Good value!!

This course is affordable and kept in good shape. There is a driving range on site to have a warm up before your round. The bar is small and I didn’t order any food. The cart person was cash only. Overall I would play this course again.

Worst golfing experience I’ve had in 39 years.

So me and my friends were in town for a bachelor party weekend and thought it would be a good idea to play a quick round of golf. As we arrived the “supervisor” confiscated an 18 pack of bud light from us and stated we were not allowed on the course with it, but could pick it up after our round. After the round, which we gave up on before 18 holes because the course conditions were complete crap, the “supervisor” was nowhere to be found. The staff there was not friendly or helpful, one “senior” staff member accused us of drinking on the course with beers we allegedly brought on the course. Funny how an 18 pack was confiscated but somehow we still managed to “illegally” drink on the course. After some discussion and blatant unprofessionalism from the staff, I decided to leave and not to continue to fight over an 18 pack of bud lights. We figured the staff supervisor either “confiscated” the pack for himself or added them to the cooler for which they sell at a ridiculously marked up price per can. Either way I would not recommend this course to anyone under any circumstances. Aside from the obvious larceny that took place, the course conditions were atrocious. The greens were by far in the worst conditions I have played in years, the staff was unprofessional, unorganized, and down right dumb (coming from NY that says ALOT), and accusing is of wrong doing after spending 400+ dollars on green fees and club rentals in mind numbing. I will never come back to this place and you should seek other golf alternatives.

JB Golf

Very nice staff that was friendly and course was in very good shape. Had great time despite the heat!

Not Good

THE COURSE HAD NO RESERVATION, AND I BELIEVE I AM OWED A REFUND.

THE GREENS WERE IN ATRCIOUS CONDITION.

I BELIEVE I AM OWED A REFUND.

DD

Course was in worse shape than usual. Greens were horrible!!

Good course, slow play

Very seldom does one have a round with good pace. Even during week days. There is little course management (ranger) and 5-somes are common.

Daryl111
Commented On 05/02/2018

I agree. Many times I have gotten behind a 5-some who obviously is playing a money game. Fortunately, the layout allows for one the jump around the holes to avoid these groups. It always worked for me.

Great value... Nice staff...

The course was great for current conditions...

Would recommend..