Les Vieux Chenes Golf Course

Les Vieux Chenes Golf Course
Scorecard for Les Vieux Chenes Golf Course
Blue M: 72.6/120 400 345 159 550 405 352 179 565 413 3368 486 446 190 416 406 527 391 168 472 3502 6870
White M: 71.2/116 386 339 141 525 342 342 157 530 396 3158 485 440 185 400 387 507 364 152 442 3362 6520
Gold M: 68.1/113 348 310 135 475 328 320 141 456 349 2862 414 407 169 354 330 497 309 140 394 3014 5876
Red W: 72.3/126 340 305 132 459 313 312 130 451 341 2783 401 399 154 345 322 465 288 128 394 2896 5679

Year Built 1977

Carts Yes - $20
Clubs No

Les Vieux Chenes

Little wet, but greens were firm and rolled true. Overall good day!

Good looking course

The fairways and greens are well groomed. The only problem was some of the rough was REALLY rough. I will play again!

Great shape considering the lack of rain.

Course was green and lush considering the lack of rain we have had here. Would definitely play there again.

SVP

The Old Oaks a/k/a Les Vieux Chenes

The course overall is an enjoyable course to play. The front 9 layout is one that is conducive to slow play. Holes 5-7 will always be clogged because it's a short par 4, followed by a drivable par 4, followed by a par 3. There's always groups waiting on the tee box at 6 for the next group to finish up. Marshall's try and increase the pace, but you only end up rushing a group for no reason. Once you get to hole 8, your round should definitely speed up. The greens are good when they are good, but they could be better kept to maintain the consistency. Everything else about this course is on par with every other course that I have played. It's definitely worth playing, but I wouldn't expect it to be a top tier course. It it a very good course for a municipal course, and I find the staff to be very friendly.

Cold and Wet

Great layout and fun course to play!!! Cold as all get out and wet the day we played! Four hours to play and great time to spend wit!!h my son!! This course is challenging to play and I would highly recommend to anyone !!

Green Nice

Best I ever seen this course. Greens still had some small visible holes for perforation that was done but in great shape. In two weeks it will be solid. If they could only get people to fix divot marks.

The course was well kept and the rough was fair. Nice day overall.

***Great Course but somewhat perplexed at the total

disrespect that the staff had for my 32 year old daughter with downs syndrome. My daughter doesn't play golf. She rides with me because she is disabled. I have been playing golf for 10 plus years and have taken her with me throughout the states of Louisiana and Mississippi and this is the first time that I have ever been charged for her to "ride" while I played golf. I like the course but probably won't return for another round.....jsmh.

Course is in good condition and greens putted very well!!! Two groups of five played very slowly while listening to loud rap music that was very distracting!!!

SVP

good links course

The course was in good shape, some greens still have winter grass and spotty. manicured well though.

Fun course in great condition

Brought a friend who played this course for his 1st time..he was real impressed with condition of the course as was I also...I've played this course quite a few times before and it's never failed or dissapointed in the least..pace of play was somewhat slow at times but considering the amount of players playing because of the holidays it wasn't really all that bad..greens were good and fairways were perfect for good iron shots...we will be back...A+

OLDER MUNICIPAL COURSE

The course was well maintained and the greens faster than normal but consistent throughout. Played in very windy conditions resulting in higher than normal bunker play. They were in excellent conditions as well. Great deal for the price paid.

Worth the Money

Good value. Nice layout, 7 holes with water on the front nine and 2 holes on the back nine. Greens are in fair condition, could hold a little better but hasn't rained in quite a while. Some greens were a little bumby in spots. Depending on the day and time the average round takes 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours and he staff was very hospitable.

Poor weather

Home Course

I have played this course quite a few times but a Hot Deal makes this course too good to pass up. Friendly staff, well kept course, and cold beer makes for a good time. It started to storm as our group finished up 13 and had to call it a day but I have played this course many times before and would definitely recommend.

Nice course exceot for greens. Alot of greens very poor shape. Alot slow play. Food was ok. Not enough selection as far as beer.

Saturday @ Les Vieux Chenes

After a hard rain on Thursday, but 2 very warm dry days on Friday and Saturday morning our 1pm tee time was still greeted to carts on paths by the club house. We used the driving range, which happened to be irons only - this was not told to us by the club house either. Maybe that's why it was only $7.50 for a large bucket of balls. We tee'd off after about a 15 minute wait. We were playing in a foursome and pace of play throughout the afternoon was not really a problem after that. The lay out if good and the course itself was in okay shape. One thing I noticed after playing 18 was that there were only a few areas with wet spots but obviously the management at this place was too busy to check that to even allow a 90° rule. I would not go back to this course unless forced.

Varying condition, but otherwise good

It's a roll of the dice to know if the greens will bounce and be unpredictable or be exceptionally smooth. I've seen both and sometimes it's just a week apart. The layout is slightly challenging from the longest tees, but otherwise it's a comfortable course.

The players are generally terrible though and I've found most of them to be quite rude on top of that, so expect it to be a long game.

I go back because it's close to come, but that's still going back, isn't it.

P.S. There are snakes in the tall rough. Avoid.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019