Bay Breeze Golf Course

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

As the name should imply, the Bay Breeze Golf Course is located right off of a back bay where the wind is a factor all day long.

There are water hazards that come into play on nine of the 18 holes. Bay Breeze Golf Course's signature hole is No. 10, a 180-yard, par-3, with a breathtaking view of the bay that borders the course. Since the course is on an Air Force base, the terrain is flat. There are trees spaced throughout the course. The greens are large and well bunkered.

Bay Breeze, designed by Nathan Crace, measures 6,563 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 121 and a 69.5 USGA rating. The course features two sets of tees for different skill levels.

The military course, which opened in 1962, is open to Air Force personnel and their guests.

"Poor condition"

Angie2833886's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

Course is in pretty bad condition overall.

Layout is good but the greens condition is poorly maintained.

"Good Course"

sdcriss's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2018
Previously played Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Greens were ok. Fairways have quite a bit of crabgrass on them.

"Nice round by the bay"

skimom3's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

We had a very enjoyable round at Bay Breeze. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The pace of play was good and we finished our round in about 3 hours 45 mins. The back 9 was scenic as we played by the bay. The greens were not in the best of shape after the cold winter but all in all, a fun afternoon and good value for the golfnow hot deal of the day.

NOTE: If you are a civilian coming on the base , make sure to go to the Visitor's Center (not the other base entrance.) Leave yourself lots of extra time- 45 minutes- to get a guest pass. Also, make sure to call the pro shop to request that your name be added to the golf guest list. Best to do this BEFORE the day you are playing. The pro shop then needs to email your name to the visitor's center. The visitor's center advised that our names were not on the list. This, coupled with a line in the visitor's center, took 45 mins.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/20/2018

"Overcharged Hot Deal"

mkrbec's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

The course was in terrible shape! Some greens had NO grass at all and others were sparse at best. The condition was one thing, but walking in off the street I would have paid less than I paid for the Hot Deal! I am a 27 Year veteran and usually Air Force base courses are in fairly decent condition. This was the worst I have played on in that 27 years!

"SHOULD HAD BEEN A FLY-BY"

Billff1's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

Hopefully, the airmen should play this course for free. That would be fair value.

Course Layout: Poor

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"enjoyable course"

tomstephenson's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/30/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

I enjoyed my time at Bay Breeze,which is accurately named.The weather was a little cooler than I prefer and the North wind off the bay was pretty strong.The course is well worth the price and having to go thru security to get on base.I will definitely play here again.

"Windy"

uFVST2569FV's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/29/2018

I played on a very windy day and they were busy , Pace of play was ok a couple of holes were wet good value for money , I would recommend giving yourself Xtra 45 min if you have to get a pass to get on base. Overall a good deal , a few holes need some work , my GPS on the yardage was off on several holes, would recommend.

"An Adventure Golf Course"

uQRVY6483QR's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2017

Make sure to play this golf course when you visit Biloxi Missippi, it's a challenging golf course with friendly staff and an excellent pace of play. Make sure to go there at least an extra 30 minutes than your usual time, because you will need to get a pass to enter the gate. The guards will tell you where to go, which is only about from 10 to 15 minutes process depending on how busy they are.... Overall I really enjoyed playing this golf course, because it's an adventure and it's very affordable definitely worth the drive and going through the process on going there. Highly recommended...

"Do not play this course unless you have a base pass"

Jesse4694434's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/19/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

My experience was total waste of time, I drove 30 minutes to play there and when I got to the gate the guard would not let me in to play the golf course and was also very rude. He acted like I was stupid for even showing up there. I have tried to call GolfNow but cannot get through to request a refund, total loss including gas and time about 40 USD

Course Layout: Poor

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017

"bay breeze"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017

Third time playing at Bay Breeze. Love to play this course. Staff is great and the course is set so you can see the C-130s land and take off from the runway.

The back nine has a beautiful view of the bay and surronding area. YOu need to play here. You will not be

dissappointed.

"Hurleys Review"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

This was the second time i have played Bay Breeze.

Staff is always friendly and attentive, great people.

Loved playing and brought a friend (his first time there) he really liked it. Can't help but smile when you see those big C-130s flying in to the base. If you like to see a beautiful view while playing golf, go to Bay Breeze. You won't be disappointed.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

"Fun Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

First time at Bay Breeze inside of Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi. this course is a little challenging due to not knowing on some tee boxes where the green is.

Ha found out by looking for white 150 yd markers.in the fairways. Loved the back nine with the great view of the bay and the C130-s parked in the tarmack. One of the c130s was landing as i was on the fairway, A great experience to see that. For the greens, a little sandy put you can still putt true. I would highly recommend this course., Very fun to play.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2017

"Tale of two nines"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2017

Very windy, most of the time, I was told by someone who plays there often. Front nine is open, flat, not much character. Very long par fours. Lots of hard-pan lies. Back nine is picturesque, interesting holes. Better fairways. I played the gold (senior?) tees at over 6,200 yards. Driver three wood most of the day for me. Greens were some of the better greens I have played in the area. You must have picture ID, vehicle registration, proof of insurance available at the check-in center, and then proceed onto the base and course. Allow ample time to complete the process. Stand proud when the Star Spangled Banner is played at 5:00 pm for all to hear throughout the course and base. I would go again.

"Slow greens"

GeorgeBB's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2017

I play this course 20+ times a year. Its low cost and it's rare when you can't get a tee time when you need it. The greens are probably in the best condition they have been in years, but the are super slow. No other course on MS coast, that I play, is even comparable in speed. Course is wide open (almost no trees) so very friendly to new players. With that said, course has some challenging long par 4s and water comes into play on a few holes. Range has been upgraded and is also the best it's looked in years. On the down side, the lack of basic course maintenance is evident.

Manuel8277669's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/22/2017

"Shotgun Start Tournament Right Before My TTime"

geechieboy's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2017

The staff was extremely helpful in getting me out as soon after my TTime (1:00PM) as possible, but it was still at least 1:30 before I teed off. There was a shotgun start of a big crowd, mostly high-HC or non-golfers, playing in a Pres Day golf tournament. The staff explained they were a deployed Air Nat'l Guard unit from Alaska. I am fine with that, but they allowed them to start their tournament late and that pushed everyone else back. The staff told me this group comes every year and they play very slow. The staff should have probably taken the GolfNow times down in advance because it took us well over 3 hours to play the front. I quit after nine extremely dissatisfied. I hate negatively reviewing this course because it is on an Air Force base and I am a retired Air Force officer; but, the truth needs to be told. I will only focus on the course from here out. The greens are OK, a little slow, but very puttable. The fairways and rough are not so good. I don't think any part of this course has seen much weedkiller in at least a year. As usual, the afternoons at Bay Breeze bring strong winds off the Gulf which make several of the par 4s on the front difficult to reach in 2. I wish I could have played the back, but the tournament had the course clogged-up worse than anything I have ever seen on a golf course---and I play over 100 rounds a year and see a lot.

Finally, golfers who book this course on GolfNow that do not have some acceptable form of a DoD ID need to call the pro shop ahead of time and make sure to get on the Visitors Pass List at the gate. The rest of my ttime group from GolfNow (who I did not know) were turned away at the gate to the Air Force Base. Like I said, the very professional staff took care of me and paired me up with some fine young men, but just a tough, frustrating afternoon with not nearly enough golf as I was hoping. I am paying the premium and playing Golden Bear tomorrow. Sorry Bay Breeze, but you must do better before I come back.