Silver (W) 72 4690 yards 67.1 110
Scorecard for Encinitas Ranch
Blue M: 71.2/127 W: 77.9/135 347 192 527 342 354 160 365 407 497 3191 442 540 169 398 433 373 361 185 495 3396 6587
Green M: 69.5/123 W: 75.7/131 347 168 527 342 300 160 336 330 497 3007 407 540 169 370 375 373 324 160 495 3213 6220
White M: 67.8/118 W: 73.9/127 297 168 522 285 300 139 336 330 470 2847 407 487 130 370 375 320 324 160 470 3043 5890
Gold M: 64.9/109 W: 70.2/121 275 122 495 245 250 120 315 290 430 2542 357 440 110 333 347 255 282 130 439 2693 5235
Silver M: 62.5/101 W: 67.4/112 265 106 459 224 237 109 252 206 393 2251 334 432 85 300 325 213 260 105 385 2439 4690

Year Built 1998
Golf Season Year Round
Architect Cary Bickler

One of my favorites now

Stayed in Encinitas on a holiday and looked fora close course to play. Glad I was staying near this course. Had an issue trying to get a tee time on line as I was just a single which isn’t an option to book online. Called the course and spoke to Jack who was pleasant and a great help informing me of the why. Told me to show up at the course when I wanted to play and would be taken care of. That is exactly what happened. Showed up on a Thursday and was sent out 20 minutes later around 7a with a twosome. Good guys. Weather was cool to start but warmed up quickly. Course was in good condition and easy to get a sense for the layout. The twosome were locals and new the course which helped as well. They offered info as I asked. Greens were good and was not punished severely if not in fairway on the holes I missed the short stuff. A couple holes on course should not be the same experience I can say. Pace of play was good, 3 hours and 45 minutes with the ranger getting our group around a foursome of newbies on the 6th hole. Would have been a long day otherwise. Loved the course. Staff was friendly beyond reason. Could not be more impressed with their team. Starter use to live in my home town so had a good conversation with her as we waited to start. Shot a 86 not knowing the course. Enjoyed it so much I went back the next day and played again on Friday and shot a 84. Every time I return to San Diego from know on I will be playing this course. I recommend 100%

Tougher than it looks

Fun time with nice views. Will hurt you if not careful. Good value.

Fun course. Decent condition for this time of year. Expensive for what it is, but if you can get a Golf Now deal or something it's a fun course

San Francisco Advisor

Decent track bur overpriced

Some playing partners the other day recommended this course so I gave it a shot. As advertised, there are several views of the ocean throughout the course. Other than that it's a typical muni course with decent greens.

Tee boxes and fairways need some work but were playable. The greens rolled nice and a decent pace. Most greens sloped quite a bit from back to front (I seemed to always have a downhill putt), but were fairly easy to read the breaks.

The one sand trap I was in had nice fluffy sand

Customer service was very good and pace of play was ok. A little over 4.5 hrs for prime time holiday weekend isn't too bad actually.

I was dissapointed that for $104 they don't include range balls. Again, this is a muni course with nice views. Frankly, I felt it was overpriced. Locals get a price break as do members who purchase a JC players card. For a reduced rate, I'd p,ay it again but for the public rack rate, save your money.

Nice layout well run for pace of play

Nice course good layout good variety of holes. Greens and fairways were nice. I would paly this course again.

Oklahoma Advisor

Fun wide open course

I typically play a much harder course and found this to be an easy course. Don't get me wrong, you can get in trouble here. But of you play each hole the way it is set up to be played, you will score well. Miss a fairway and find yourself with a shot most of the time. I'm a 12 handicap and shot a 79 with 2 doubles and 3 birdies. a couple of 3 puts and elevated greens kept me from shooting even lower. Great fun for me and my wife.

Beautiful views

First time playing this course. Heard it was beautiful and it was. Short but the elevation changes add to the challenge. Greens were in very good condition. Fairways had a little winter burn. Still a great round.

Encinitas Ranch

Greens were great and the course well maintained. They keep the pace of play great. Beautiful ocean views while you play.

Highly Enjoyable

I play a lot of great courses when I travel and I was tempted to play Aviara just up the road. However, I tried this course instead and had a great day (and paid a lot less). The weather was perfect. I thought the course seemed moderate to even a bit on the easy side, which was fine with me; overall the course was in really good shape, especially the greens. The interplay of canyon with the course design and the views were really great--even awesome. It's not an ocean course, but close enough to see the ocean. Its only about ten years old, so the trees are not mature, but this was a nice course!

Enjoyable day

Nice track that offers excellent risk/reward opportunities. Some fairways need some work as to grass evenness. Not real long for 10> handicap......requires good accuracy and smart play/course management..

A very enjoyable place to play golf.

Enjoyed the course very much. The greens are a little beat up, but looks like more a symptom of frequent play as opposed to poor maintenance. I really enjoy the layout though there are quite a few very short holes. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this course and plan to play it again when the opportunity presents itself.

Greens punched and nobody said anything

Love this course. Love the layout. It's fun, challenging, but not that tough.

However, the greens were punched and sanded, and nobody told us. Not when I booked it on GolfNow, and not when we paid at the front. It's not worth the $81 per round we paid to play it.

If the greens were normal, like they were the last time I played there, then it's worth whatever they want to charge. Love the course, they just need to charge less when the greens are punched.

daliguy
Commented On 10/14/2013

No Course will tell you that they punched the greens unless you ask.

Not worth the $68-$100

Well I booked on Golfnow and when I showed up they let me know that the entire back nine was closed for aeration, but there was no aeration alert on Golfnow when I booked.

Anyway, I NEVER play Encinitas Ranch because it's a very easy, average course and the cheapest deal is $68, and on weekends they want over $100. Fairways are WIDE. Par 5's are reachable for low handicappers. Greens were nice. The front nine winds through some canyons which creates some interesting elevation changes.

Lots of better courses for $40.

Player friendly and interesting lay out.

We played late in the day on a Sunday - 3:00. We hoped to get in 18 but pace of play slowed way down after 4 or 5 holes. We jumped from 9 back to 1 so never got to see the back nine. Greens were in good shape and receptive. Sand traps were excellent and very playable. I would suggest an earlier tee time and don't be in a hurry.

Great experience

Enjoyed playing a cooler coastal course on this warm day. The course was very nicely maintained. Only noticed many ants in women's bathroom by 16th hole.

A fairly good value for the area.

Golf course is ok. Staff, especially the cart girls could be friendlier and no so disruptive.

I like the course and the location

It seems like everytime I go here they are doing some type of work. I think they were doing construction on 7 or 8 so it was shut down. You would think with that type of work going on the course would be better shape especially being on the coast.

Wide Open Track

Nothing very tricky about this place .. wide fairways and very little trouble should make for an enjoyable round. They're renovating bunkers right now so we had to play a 100-yard makeshift hole instead of the 2nd while they work on that hole. Started on 3 and ended on 1. Decent pace of play although it could have been even faster. Better deal for local residents than out-of-towners as I was.

Slow / Overbooked

They over book this course like crazy. Dawn, the "Starter" is crass. 3.5hrs for the front 9 and we walked off.

Nice Course!

You will need a cart for this course, as the greens and tees are far apart. Course in great condition, greens were great! Sand traps were so-so. Golfnow should mention that work is being done on the course to improve the sand traps and that some of the holes are temporary greens. Would definitely play this course in the future.

Solana Beach, California