Sprawling across 300 acres of lush, Carolina Lowcountry, Hilton Head National Golf Club has gained a reputation as being one of the area's best public courses. The course was a collaboration between Gary Player and Bobby Weed, who each designed a nine. Weed designed the front nine with the intention of creating a complement to the Player-designed back nine rather than making them too similar. He included larger greens with more dramatic undulations. The signature hole is the tricky sixth, which features the largest lake on the golf course bordering its entire right side and deep pot bunkers along the greensides. The back nine has many challenging holes as well, including the course's number one handicap hole, the par-5 seventh. It is the ninth that might be Hilton Head National's toughest though, with a deep marsh along the right side of a narrow fairway.

Hilton Head National Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Bobby Weed (1999) Gary Player (1989)

Metal Spikes Allowed No - Softspikes only
Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed No

Amazing Food 12

Fabulous layout!!!

Hilton Head National ought to be at or very near the top of the list for any golfer visiting Hilton Head! Great course conditions, and a very challenging layout. I really look forward to teeing it up here. (I’m still celebrating making par at 18, a first for me.)

Commented on 01/15/2020

Hello, Steven. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @HiltonHeadNational.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

On this trip this was by far my favorite course

I loved this course the people, the course, the amenities gave me a wonderful experience. The wildlife only added to the fun, the squirrels are adorable, turkeys, and hawks. Fun experience

Commented on 01/13/2020

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @HiltonHeadNational.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Good shape but lots of construction noise

Course and greens are in great shape. New RV park along beginning of back 9 made it seem like different course. Noisy but still fun to play.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @HiltonHeadNational!

Commented on 01/07/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing @HiltonHeadNational!

#Golf #GolfLife #letsglow #GolfTravel #GolfFriends #drivechipandputt #BeautifulGolfCourses

Very nice course

It was a very nice course. Staff is friendly and they also have junior rate for kids under 16 for $25 per round. Speed on the green is reasonable.

Commented on 01/06/2020

Hi, Kam. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @HiltonHeadNational!

ClarkGrizwald

Course was in very good condition. Greens were extremely fast making putting extremely difficult. Watch out for that 18th green. Don’t hit long. Stay in the fairways, the rough will make course difficult & eat up balls. Really enjoyed course. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Great course.

Commented on 01/06/2020

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @HiltonHeadNational!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Great course, especially the greens

Good value for a great course through Gold Now; some of the best greens in winter I’ve played

Commented on 12/31/2019

Hi. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing @HiltonHeadNational. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 01/13/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round and thanks for choosing @HiltonHeadNational!

Superb

On a cool blue sky day, we had the course to ourselves.
We really enjoyed the beauty of this exqusite course, with no houses in sight, just a delightful round of golf!
Treat yourself.

Commented on 12/23/2019

Your feedback is important to us, Sean. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing @HiltonHeadNational.

Absolutely Superb

On a beautiful cool sunny day, this wasvthe place to be. The best of the best. Spectacular course, amazing greens, an excellent pace of play, we never saw others through 18 devine holes.
Treat yourself, you deserve this !

Commented on 12/23/2019

Hello, Sean. We are beyond happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you all. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @HiltonHeadNational.

3 Rambling Golfers review

Got "Hot Deal" on Golf Now that made this play a good bargain. HH National always seems to be a good play and today was no exception. We had the whole course to ourselves.

Commented on 12/16/2019

Very enjoyable experience

The staff was very friendly and helpful since this was my first time playing the course. They provided more tips than just ‘hit it straight’. Loved the layout and the pace of play was good even though it was busy when I played.

Commented on 11/27/2019

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @HiltonHeadNational.

Hilton Head National is a very worthwhile trip

My wife and I played this course. The layout was very well designed and very fair. We thoroughly enjoyed our round. The golf carts are equipped with GPS with measurements to the pin. The greens were in great shape. I would highly recommend playing here!

Commented on 11/22/2019

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you and your wife enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you both back @HiltonHeadNational!

Commented on 11/21/2019

Hello, and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing @HiltonHeadNational!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Much better than I expected!

I really enjoyed the course. The course is challenging but not too difficult. It was in great shape for late November. It wasn’t crowded and the pace of play was very good. The course exceeded my expectations. It is one of the nicest courses in the Hilton Head area.

Commented on 11/21/2019

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions as well as the pace of play. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @HiltonHeadNational!

Amazing

Even after several days of rain the course was excellent. Love the layout and that the wind kept the players away :-)
We played in 3h20min

Commented on 11/20/2019

Hi. We appreciate you leaving us a 5-star review ! It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the course conditions. We always want to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off, we look forward to having you back @HiltonHeadNational!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Course was fine in all respects.
I have a concern/request for reimbursement.
In error I was charged a convenience booking fee of $26.74 twice.
Staff at HHN were unable to reimburse me and suggested I contact GolfNow for reimbursement.

I am requesting that you do so now. I have proof of the double charge which I will send to GolfNow upon request.

Please acknowledge receipt of this communication.

Tim Bates

Commented on 11/19/2019

Hello, Mr. Bates. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback about complications with the booking process is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about their purchase before checking out. We have issued the necessary refund and we apologize again for the confusion. Thank you for playing @HiltonHeadNational. We hope to see you again soon.

Great

Course is in great shape. Challenging but not punishing. Greens fast and true. I will definitely play again

Commented on 11/18/2019

Can't go wrong

Had my annual guys trip the week for Oct 21 to the 25th and Hilton Head National was course #3 we played. All 8 golfers agreed that this was tied with RTJ at Palmetto Dunes for best overall course. The price made it the best value. Condition was great and the time of play was much better that Palmetto Dunes. It was a fair course for the whole group as it was fair off the tee and if you put the ball in the fairway as usual you had a better day. Greens were quick but not crazy. Enjoyed it so much that My Wife and I had guests down during Veterans day weekend and brought them over to Hilton Head National to play and our guest fully enjoyed the course and the round and the pace of play was great 3:40 minutes, as we got out earlier than the later crowd looking to play in the warmer part of the day. They also were gracious to charge them as guests since my Wife and I had just become residents in Hilton Head.

Commented on 11/25/2019

Hello, Bob. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you, your wife and guests enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @HiltonHeadNational!

Very solid

Beautiful layout with free range turkeys and Fox squirrels and deer (and gators too)!

Fair course with nice mix of risk reward holes and holes for scoring if you hit them straight.

Staff is top notch and gives the kind of Southern hospitality you’d expect but don’t always find at Hilton Head courses.

Will play again and bring my family.

National and Oyster Reef are now my two favs to play on the island.

Commented on 11/06/2019

4.1985352941

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.