Sprawling across 300 acres of lush, Carolina Lowcountry, Hilton Head National Golf Club has gained a reputation as being one of the area's best public courses. The course was a collaboration between Gary Player and Bobby Weed, who each designed a nine. Weed designed the front nine with the intention of creating a complement to the Player-designed back nine rather than making them too similar. He included larger greens with more dramatic undulations. The signature hole is the tricky sixth, which features the largest lake on the golf course bordering its entire right side and deep pot bunkers along the greensides. The back nine has many challenging holes as well, including the course's number one handicap hole, the par-5 seventh. It is the ninth that might be Hilton Head National's toughest though, with a deep marsh along the right side of a narrow fairway.

Hilton Head National Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Bobby Weed (1999) Gary Player (1989)

Metal Spikes Allowed No - Softspikes only
Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed No

Amazing Food 12

Nice shape. Greens are fast. I will definitely play this course again. Friendly staff.

Course great for all levels of play

My wife and I like the course because the variety of tees make the game enjoyable for everyone.

Excellent course

Greens like lightening but true. Thoroughly enjoyed our round at this beautiful course

Commented on 10/10/2019

Hello, Carol. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @HiltonHeadNational!

Fabulous Hilton Head National

Hilton Head National is such a great course. It is in fantastic shape and the greens are the best around, true and fast. The layout is beautiful and it offers a good challenge. This is the 2nd time we have played the course and look forward to the next time already! Don't miss it if you are going to Hilton Head.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @HiltonHeadNational!

Commented on 10/02/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round! Thanks for choosing @HiltonHeadNational.

Commented on 10/02/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round, and thanks for choosing @HiltonHeadNational!

Commented on 09/24/2019

Super nice GC!

Great course conditions and only positive comment about it. Nice people to help you to get ready! I hope I'll be back soon!

Commented on 09/25/2019

Hello, . We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @HiltonHeadNational.

Best course I've played in HH this year

I like to break my reviews into segments

LAYOUT: I consider HH National a 'big' course. It's got big fairways and greens and can play long. It's not what I'd call narrow. And there aren't ton of fairway bunkers. Green complexes are very modern with swells and ridges, but not extreme. Just enough to make you think twice but not scare you to death. Good combination of long and short, easy and hard. Some risk reward holes as well. So very enjoyable layout.

Conditions: I've played this before last year at the same time. This course is what I'd call pristine. The fairways are full and cut low enough where you don't need to move the ball. Didn't have to move it once. Rough is difficult but not unfair . And there is a very clear mark between fairway and rough. Greens areas are mowed down and good for chipping. Sand is perfect. Greens are very nice. Roll probably 10.5 to 11 .....maybe. very smooth. The over all conditions reminded me of a course you'd see pros play. Best place I've played this time at HH.

Value: Still $90 is not chump change, but I feel for the conditions, it's meets all the criteria for that kind of fee.

Commented on 09/20/2019

Hello, Scott. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @HiltonHeadNational!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

I am very picky with my course conditions

The greens were pure. Running about 11. Condition were very good for the price. Nice layout. Very playable. Greens are on the big size but not a lot of huge breaks. Subtle to read but I like the challenge as a 3 hdcp. If ever back in HHI will definitely come back.

Commented on 09/17/2019

Hello, and thank you for reviewing the course. We're glad to hear you liked the course conditions as much as the challenge. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing @HiltonHeadNational. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/04/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Joshua. Please comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round! Thanks for choosing @HiltonHeadNational.

Commented on 09/04/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing @HiltonHeadNational!

Good times

I would say moderately challenging, but amazingly well maintained.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. @HiltonHeadNational thanks you!

HH National best course

I come here every year and this is by far the best place to play

Commented on 09/04/2019

Mark, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @HiltonHeadNational.

Commented on 08/14/2019

Hello, and thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon @HiltonHeadNational!

Commented on 08/16/2019

Hi, Johnny. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please comment further or contact our pro shop to share your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at @HiltonHeadNational!

HH National

Cannot think of any major criticism. Five star experience. Especially loved the pine needle straw around the trees- made it easy to find my ball if it went a little east/west.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team @HiltonHeadNational. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Public Course in Bluffton

Challenging and fair course. Greens are fast and well maintained. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. GPS technology was added bonus. Highly recommend.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hello, and thank you for your kind words! We're glad you enjoyed the challenge, and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @HiltonHeadNational.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Fun inland layout in Hilton Head!

We had a great time playing this course - typical lowcountry golf, pine needles, lots of trees and water, challenging yet fun layout. Highly recommend! And the staff is great - very helpful, friendly and welcoming!

Commented on 09/25/2019

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you and your group enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @HiltonHeadNational.

Better than expected

Played Hilton Head National for the first time in at least 3 years and was blown away by how good it was. They have transitioned from 27 holes to 18 and still have a great range, F&B, etc. The drive from the Sea Pines Plantation was 30min. The course is just 8 minutes from a great area called Old Town Bluffton with new bars and restaurants.
I played from the black tips and while HHN is like most courses in the area (lots of importance on finding the fairway) they have knocked down a lot of weeds and shrubs off the fairways, making it much easier to find your ball. The greens were excellent! Firm and true with zero bad spots. Not one tee box was bake-out or suffering from decease.
The staff was very friendly and the beverage choices were great including Arnold Palmer Ice teas, both spiked and traditional.
Our group had not planned to play here but we've booked again for another visit this week.
The cart GPS emailed us our scorecards and the clapping audio for birdies was a fun moment.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you and your group again on the course soon! Thanks for choosing @HiltonHeadNational.

4.2020941176

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.