Style Links

The 18-hole Old South Golf Links in Bluffton, S.C. is a public course that opened in 1991. Designed by Clyde Johnston, Old South Golf Links measures 6,772 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 129 and a 72.4 USGA rating. The course features four sets of tees for different skill levels.

Johnston designed Old South Golf Links in keeping with the beautiful Lowcountry's natural landscape. "Old South Golf Links was designed not only to provide an enjoyable yet challenging golf game, but also to preserve the natural beauty of the land," he said. "I felt that this was an opportunity to allow the golfer to experience up close the uniqueness of the site, its natural amenities and spectacular views."

The variety of the setting from oak forest to open pasture to tidal salt marsh, provided an opportunity to vary the design elements and strategy of play.

Old South Golf Links is open to the public seven days a week. There is a clubhouse, restaurant and full-line pro shop on site.

Scorecard for Old South Golf Links
Gold M: 72.7/138 383 415 530 167 533 397 370 160 400 3355 403 185 390 353 555 384 417 180 550 3417 6772
Blue M: 70.4/132 365 390 502 155 513 370 353 140 368 3156 381 170 370 335 535 354 383 165 505 3198 6354
White M: 68.6/116 330 355 455 140 450 340 315 112 308 2805 343 158 332 320 515 330 355 153 468 2974 5779
Green M: 65.6/108 280 355 415 125 450 295 315 112 278 2625 300 136 286 320 407 283 275 132 371 2510 5135
Red W: 68.2/117 280 305 415 125 411 295 270 75 278 2454 300 136 286 272 407 283 135 132 371 2322 4776

Year Built 1991

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire. No cutoffs, gym or jogging shorts, bathing suits, tank tops, halter or tube tops, tee shirts and blue jeans or any other denim.

Beautiful course but unfriendly management

Beautiful course but unfriendly management... The manager at the time I played was totally unfriendly to people using GolfNow and could care less about handicapped veterans ....He made me feel like a second-class citizen and I would never return to this course!!! I will advise all of my friends and associates to avoid this course at all cost!!!

Incredible deterioration of greens

Wow...We come down for four months every year...Old South was one of our favorites...hadn’t played there yet this year...Was amazed that the greens are in such bad shape...especially compared to so many other courses in Bluffton where the greens are in great shape right now.

A shame because the course was terrific last year and we played it multiple times...don’t think we’ll be back this year because there are so many other nice courses in the area for even less cost.

We’ll give it another go next year and see if the greens come back.

Sorry...don’t like to write this kind of review...but you asked.

Greens need help but I love the Layout

As stated by previous reviewers the greens are not in good shape. I also noticed several divots on some of the tee boxes and some of the fairways were lacking grass in some areas. My wife and I loved the layout. My handicap is around 23 and I didn't have any problems with the force carryovers. The range area and practice putting green were very nice. The guy at the bag drop was very friendly and helpful. The wildlife at this course was incredible. We on;y saw one small alligator but we saw an Egret, Stork, Osprey, Squirrels,. and a big raccoon ran across the fairway as we were teeing off. We only played nine holes during twilight time and we never saw anyone in front of or behind us after the first hole We played another course in the area and we were offered free range balls because we booked through Golf Now but we were disappointed that we were not offered free range balls at Old South. A few tweaks here and there and this is a five star course but there are some areas that need improvement!

Commented On 05/20/2019

We are glad you enjoyed your day at Old South and hope to see you again. The few areas on a couple of greens are being addressed this summer but it will take some time for new grass to take over those areas.

Good times

Staff was very friendly! Restaurant staff was extremely nice and food was great! Course was in good shape, greens a little slow. Lots of gators to take photos of. Always fun!

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions and our excellent staff. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 05/20/2019

We strive to be the friendliest course in the area and yes...the food is great! We are glad you enjoyed your day at Old South Golf Links.

One of our favourites when in HHI

We actually got to play here twice this visit. It is a great and fun track with some interesting holes. I played the white tees which suited my game.I would suggest this to anyone in the area. golf Now offers the best price. Full price in the morning is too steep for me.

Nice Low Country Track

Squeezed in an enjoyable 9 with my son in law in perfect weather. Course in decent shape overall. Several of the greens had some discolored/bare areas and were s-l-o-w -- but they rolled pretty true. This course plays different from every tee: choose wisely.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the hot weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 05/16/2019

Thanks for your 4-star review. Those areas on a couple of greens are being addressed over the summer by our maintenance department. We hope you get to play the back 9 too on a future round.

Course great but spotty greens.

The course was in great shape, with the exception that quite a few greens had burned out/diseased spots.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially with the extremely hot weather that we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented On 05/14/2019

We appreciate hearing from you. We do have a few areas on the greens where the winter grass has receded and the summer Bermuda grass has not transitioned well. These are being addressed by our superintendent. We hope to see you at Old South again soon.

Better than expected

Played this course today after setting up a tee time on GolfNow. Was paired up with 3 nice guys 2 of which were mid handicappers like myself and a fourth who was very very good. Since we were the first tee time we were finished in 4 hours so the pace of play was fast. The conditions of the tee boxes and fairways were above average and although the greens were slow and on a few of them (2 or 3) were bare spots they were fine. The layout of the course was interesting and two of the doglegs were short par fours with unique landing areas. I would recommend this course if you are looking for a reasonably priced tract in the Bluffton/ Hilton Head area.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for the 5-Star review! We are so glad that your pace of play was up to par today! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again Memorial Day Weekend!

Commented On 05/13/2019

We appreciate the 5 star rating and that you took the time to post your review. We hope you have an opportunity to play Old South again soon.

Course was in great shape, greens a little slow but good otherwise.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for the great review! We enjoyed having you at Old South Golf Links!

Commented On 05/13/2019

Thanks for your 4 star review and we are glad you enjoyed your round of golf at Old South.

Soggy Start

Unexpected rain hit the area about a half hour before my tee time. I decided to go ahead and tee off in the rain since I had already paid for the round. Holes 1 & 2 were in a downpour but things started clearing up on Hole 3. By Hole 6 no Loren sign of rain and the back nine was bathed in sun.

I really enjoyed the layout of this course and from the white tees I got to hit almost every iron in the bag. Mixture of holes that you can hit all out and those that required some thought.

The fairways were excellent however the tee boxes were rough and the greens were a bit hairy (slow with some dead spots). The hole placements were in areas not around dead spots.

I imagine in a few weeks this course will be perfect and should be on everyone’s play list.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for the great review. We apologize that mother nature did not cooperate on the day you played, at-least the back nine cleared up for you. Thank you for coming out and we hope your next round at Old South will be much sunnier.

Commented On 05/13/2019

We are glad you were only rained on for a couple of holes. Waiting out Mother Nature often has its rewards. We hope to see you at Old South again.

Loved it

Absolutely beautiful! Will definitely play every year that we vacation here

Commented On 05/20/2019

Thank you for the awesome review! We enjoy having you back each year while you are on vacations. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again this Summer.

Commented On 05/09/2019

We are glad you enjoyed Old South and look forward to seeing you again!

Longer Day tan necessary

Although course not very busy (1PM) starter held us at shack . We saw a single tee off. We were a twosome. A single shows up and he sticks him with us. He had not played in a year. Searched for his balls much of the day. Open course and could have played in one hour less as a two some and he had followed as single player.

Commented On 05/17/2019

Thank you for the 4-Star review! Sounds like you enjoyed the pace of play today, thanks for coming out and we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

Commented On 05/08/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Old South Golf Links. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

By far the best course we have played in the last 2 weeks at HHI. Excellent condition and fun layout. You don’t just bomb drivers off the tee on every hole.
Highly recommend this course!!!

Commented On 05/08/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Commented On 05/02/2019

We appreciate your 5-star review and that you took the time to let others know what a great golf course we have here at Old South Golf Links. We hope to see you again!

Commented On 05/08/2019

Thank you for the 4-Star review!

Old South in April

This is our "go to" course every year. Good breakfast, nice driving range & chipping/putting area. Greens were very slow, 1st cut around greens spongy & high. Sand in bunkers ample and par 3's reachable for seniors like me. We schedule Old South every year, enjoyed. DEH

Commented On 05/08/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We love being your "go to" course in Hilton Head Island! Thank you for playing Old South Golf Links, we hope to see you again soon.

What an elegant southern golf course beautiful greens long friendly Green belts just the ultimate and a good southern golf course

Commented On 05/08/2019

Thank you for the 5-Star review! We are so pleased with the great compliments regarding our course conditions.

Commented On 04/29/2019

We appreciate the 5-star review and are glad you enjoyed your day at Old South Golf Links.

Fun course

Always love playing Old South when I visit Hilton Head.
The layout is interesting, challlengin and fair.

Commented On 05/08/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Old South Golf Links.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Thanks for your 4 star review. We are always glad to hear from repeat customers.

Replay

Second time to play course and enjoyed as much as first time. Nice to play a course where you have to think your shots rather than just bomb the driver. Would recommend the course and look forward to returning.

Commented On 05/08/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round at Old South Golf Links! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented On 04/23/2019

We appreciate your 5-star review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

4.6061941176

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC