Style Links

The 18-hole Old South Golf Links in Bluffton, S.C. is a public course that opened in 1991. Designed by Clyde Johnston, Old South Golf Links measures 6,772 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 129 and a 72.4 USGA rating. The course features four sets of tees for different skill levels.

Johnston designed Old South Golf Links in keeping with the beautiful Lowcountry's natural landscape. "Old South Golf Links was designed not only to provide an enjoyable yet challenging golf game, but also to preserve the natural beauty of the land," he said. "I felt that this was an opportunity to allow the golfer to experience up close the uniqueness of the site, its natural amenities and spectacular views."

The variety of the setting from oak forest to open pasture to tidal salt marsh, provided an opportunity to vary the design elements and strategy of play.

Old South Golf Links is open to the public seven days a week. There is a clubhouse, restaurant and full-line pro shop on site.

Old South Golf Links

Year Built 1991

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire. No cutoffs, gym or jogging shorts, bathing suits, tank tops, halter or tube tops, tee shirts and blue jeans or any other denim.

Commented on 01/20/2020

We appreciate your 5 star review and hope to see you for another round soon.

Commented on 01/20/2020

Thank you for your 4 star review.

Old South Beating

The course was in good shape and we were treated very well by all of the staff, we would play here more often if it weren't as expensive as it is.

Commented on 01/20/2020

We appreciate your 4 star review. Sign up for our email club and you will be informed when we offer special rates.

Best conditions in a year

Played Sunday and the course is in great shape, they have a great layout that requires you know your distances on several holes. A change of tees will change a lot. The staff could not be more friendly and helpful. If you are anywhere nearby it’s definitely worth it to come play here.

Commented on 01/20/2020

We are so glad you played our scenic golf course and hope you and your friends return for another round.

My favorite Hilton Head course

Lay my ashes under the beautiful oak between 14 and 16.

Commented on 01/20/2020

This is a spectacular live oak tree and has been pictured on local calendars. Many years ago when Old South was farmland the tree was a gathering place for deer and cattle to find shade. We are glad you enjoyed the scenery!

Fair Conditions; ranger issue

I have played this course many times, but may not return. I generally like the layout and it is a fair course. Very wet compared to other courses I played this week. Played in a foursome exactly on par time by the card. Was told by a ranger at the turn that I needed to pick up the pace. I asked what he wanted as there were 9 cart path only holes today. Did not get a nice response and was told I should have finished the front nine at 1:07. When I told him we did finish the front nine at 1:07 he drove away. Very little can upset me on a golf course, but rangers expecting unrealistic pace of play is one. I probably should have complained in the pro shop, but felt it would have been ignored. I have never given a bad review before, but golf is a tough enough game without rangers bugging you. Especially when you are not playing slow. Hope the course reads this review. There are many options in the area!

Commented on 01/20/2020

We regret your had a poor interaction with an employee. This should not happen and will be addressed with the person working that day. Please don't let this experience keep you from enjoying the golf course on another day.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Gene9831929! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Old South Golf Links!

Old South

Course was in good shape nbigfezt drawbac was it was cart oath only but most fairways were in good shape.

Fair course. Several holes require course knowledge on the layout to allow for layups

Will go backp

Commented on 12/17/2019

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the course and hope you play again when conditions do not require cart path only.

Commented on 12/27/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Old South Golf Links. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Wow!

What a gem! Such a great value for a real beautiful layout. The course was in great condition and offered plenty of challenge despite the shorter length (just Linder 6800 from the back tees) Target golf for sure.

Every single staff member we interacted with was friendly and helpful. This was one of the best experiences I’ve had playing daily fee golf and I’ll be making a habit of this one when I’m in town:

Always visit Old South when in Hilton Head

Booked a Sunday afternoon time at Old South which has always been welcoming for play with the family. Varied tees, including for beginners, lets everyone play to their ability. However, this is still a challenging course - especially the bay-side holes with caries over the marsh (bring extra balls). Pace of play was good. Several groups were out but all moved along without delays.

Great layout and people

The course over seeded in Oct and its come in really nicely. The greens are getting quicker by the day and the fairways are all good. This course has some great layout with a few holes that require you to know the distances of your clubs and then execute. The people could not be nicer, its a must play for sure. Just pick the tees you plan to play and the difficulty will adjust accordingly. You will love this course and come back often.

A nice venue just off Hilton Head Island

I've always enjoyed playing here. It is a nice reprieve from all of the hazards on island courses, but still challenging, especially the back 9. Staff is really nice to guests and the fees are reasonable....a really good value. Views from the course across the marshland are spectacular.

Commented on 12/13/2019

Hi ksorrels. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Old South Golf Links.

Commented on 12/13/2019

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jkandy! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Old South Golf Links!

Great Layout

This course is playable yet challenging depending on your tee box. You must know how far you hit certain clubs for a few holes as they require layups to a specific area. The course is in great shape, the greens are rolling as fast as they will all year right now. So much fun and some great views also. The staff could not be more friendly or more helpful. Food and beverages after is a big plus.

Commented on 12/13/2019

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Old South Golf Links.

Best course in the HH/bluffton area

Old south has one of the best layouts of any course around. Though being from Vermont I've played it many times and never have I been disapointed. Today I played with someone from Ontario that just played HH national and all he did was rave about the layout the whole time and said how boring HH national was.to play.The only negetive thing we have to say was that the greens though being in great shape they were very very slow.

Commented on 12/13/2019

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Old South!

Laid back round

Late October round on a Saturday. Not crowded. Nice driving and putting range. Staff were friendly and eager to please. Course was in good condition. Greens were slow but overall course is a fun challenge. Fun day!!

Commented on 10/28/2019

You picked the perfect time to play as weekend afternoons are usually quiet. We hope you will recommend Old South to your friends and bring them back with you for another round.

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.