1.5
1.3
1 reviews
1 reviews

Year Built 1995
Architect Tracy May (1995)

Practice Hole Yes

Walking Allowed Yes, 9-hole only

Management ignores your tee time

I called Big Oaks Golf Course two days ago and got an 820 AM tee time for Wednesday morning. I arrived an hour early. When I paid I asked what was the tee time before mine and how many golfers were in it. He said 804 AM and it was only a twosome. Great normally but apparently Big Oaks does not require tee times for some of their members. Because at 808 ten members got permission to tee off in front of my foursome. I called the office and spoke to the same man I had paid and asked why ten guys are teeing off with no tee time. He said it was a large group and for me and my other three to tee off on the back nine, that it would be wide open. That's great except for the fact that after we finish the back nine we could not get on a tee box for the front nine due to others like me having prearranged tee time. Big Oaks...certain members not have any golf etiquette and not have enough sense and manners to make their own tee time ahead of time like other golfers do? Why do you enable them? This is a great way to loose members and get a lot of bad reviews on the internet, Yelp, Facebook, golf advisor etc etc. I made my tee time in advance, arrived in advance, paid for 18 different holes but could not play the front nine. I'm not a happy golfer. In addition the mosquitoes were worst I have ever seen. Swarm you in the fairway, on the green, in your ears, eyes & biting constantly.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Great value for average golfer

A group of 4 of us drove up and played the course since the greens on our home course are being redone.
The cost for seniors on M-F is $20 including cart. The course was in great shape and the greens were really smooth. We played from the senior tees and the distance was about 5800 yards. The carts were in great shape and we had a great time. We are all about 15 handicap golfers and the layout gave us several birdie opportunities. I would highly recommend it for the average mid handicap or high handicap golfer. For a low handicap golfer it may not be quite as challenging.

Tupelo, Mississippi