The Walker Golf Course at Clemson University

P/W 72 6261 yards 69.5 128
W/G 72 5536 yards 66.0 113
W/G (W) 72 5536 yards 72.8 123
Scorecard for Walker
Orange M: 72.8/137 480 381 415 221 503 415 396 213 460 3484 408 429 178 392 528 361 539 192 400 3427 6911
Orange Purple M: 72.2/133 480 381 415 207 503 415 396 200 460 3457 408 429 160 392 528 361 539 175 400 3392 6849
Purple M: 70.8/131 470 364 377 207 489 403 380 200 445 3335 395 405 160 367 509 337 508 175 369 3225 6560
Purple White M: 69.5/128 W: 75.5/130 470 364 351 145 489 375 359 200 388 3141 395 383 124 338 509 337 508 175 351 3120 6261
White M: 68.3/120 W: 74.2/126 454 275 351 145 470 375 359 179 388 2996 337 383 150 338 472 318 462 127 351 2938 5934
White Gold M: 66.0/113 W: 72.8/123 454 265 323 145 446 357 300 147 362 2799 337 333 150 297 448 318 431 127 296 2737 5536
Gold M: 65.1/103 W: 70.3/116 440 265 323 103 446 357 300 147 362 2743 315 333 124 297 448 271 431 116 327 2662 5405
Red W: 66.2/109 334 259 292 84 380 248 266 118 335 2316 296 320 98 276 430 236 350 100 245 2351 4667

Year Built 1995
Architect D. J. DeVictor

On a College Campus 11

Great course ,well groomed ,friendly staff hot day so not crowded,outstanding deal on golf now

Awesome course along Lake Hartwell

Top notch course with pristine fairways and greens. No better place to play in the upstate of S.C. Beautiful views along lake Hartwell.

Very nice course

1st time playing The Walker Course and enjoyed it. Played purple tees and thought it was a fair test. You need to play your own game and bag the driver on some holes as shot placement is a priority over the grip it and rip it mentality. One thing I wasn't a fan of was the first cut off the greens...very soft and shaggy. Greens were still healing over from aerification but rolled pretty true. Definitely will play again!!!

The course has good layout...

I enjoyed playing the course, the greens were aerated two weeks ago, but others than that were great. I will definitely play there again.

This is my first time playing this course, and it didn't disappoint. I've always heard good things about this course, and wanted to see it for myself. This course has a good bit of carry on the tee shots, so be ready for that. Also, there is plenty of trouble if you are slightly off line. The back nine is kind of cool as it plays toward the lake, but don't let it fool you. The 16th hole, even though it is a par 5, the tee shot is tough. It requires you, from an elevated tee to carry it at least 250 yards just to clear the river. The 18th is also a difficult tee shot with a carry over water around 250 yards. All in all, a great course and looking forward to returning.

Very well manicured

Great course layout. Greens are superb. Restaurant was small and average.

Great course and well managed.

Love this course. Good challenging layout with views of Lake Hartwell. Greens were in great condition despite all the rain. Rest of the course was obviously soft meaning cart path only.

Not Happy

My group of 4 from Mid Carolina Country Club went to play The Walker Course at Clemson yesterday. It was a two hour drive and while the course is very nice we had issues. We were rained out after 7 holes. One of my group went to get us a rain check. We were given a rain check for 9 holes. This for my group was a pricey round. I did not find out about the 9 hole rain check until we were eating on my return trip. I called today to request an 18 hole replay. They took my name and number and told me the pro would call me. Later today someone from their golf shop called and said the pro said their “rule” was that If you had played 5 holes or more you would not get a rain check for the front nine. I explained about our lengthy trip to play their course but they didn’t care. They said we could come back and pay green fees plus a cart fee for the 9 holes we didn’t complete if we wanted to play 18. I am an experienced golfer who many years ago was an assistant pro at Oakmont and have never been treated by any course in my 71 years like this course. They appear to not be reasonable in light of our circumstances.

Loved this course

Loved the course it was so much fun and well kept. Cart path only due to recent weather conditions. Back nine around lake is gorgeous. Can't wait to come back again.

Georgia Advisor

AWESOME course in GREAT condition - Round was veeeeerrrrrry slow

I love playing the Walker Course. The condition of the course was AMAZING. It was one of the best kept, best manicured courses I have played in a couple years. The greens and tees were in excellent shape. The fairways were amazing and lush. The bunkers were in excellent condition. The greens rolled true and with o.k. pace (a little on the slow side) but were in excellent condition with VERY FEW un-repaired ball marks. Every staff member I met was very friendly and wanted to ensure we had a enjoyable time.

Lots of holes have forced carries to reach the fairway but all were fair.

The back nine is very pretty with several holes along the lake and beautiful views

The WORST part of the round was the back nine because it was so slow and took way to long. After the front nine, there was a group of four who jumped in front of us at the turn and they were soooooo slow. I did not see a ranger all day long. The back nine alone took 2:50 to play and the slow foursome in front of us never once considered letting us play through and there were two empty holes in front of them. I great day on a beautiful course was ruined bay a slow as molasses group of four who took way to long looking for balls on every hole and in every water hazard. I Marshall would have been great to get them to speed up, but there was not a Marshall on the course at all.

Course is always in great shape

Had some friends up from Columbia SC, and they absolutely loved it.. Great Course!

Amazing Course

I was in town for my sister’s graduation so I booked a tee time at The Walker Course on a free day. This course was beautiful. Everything was in amazing condition & the views were incredible. I enjoyed the Back 9, more than the Front 9 because of the lake views. But both are challenging.

Always a treat

Wonderful course in excellent condition for this time of year. Cordial, hospitable staff.

Wish I lived closer to the course so I could play there more often.

I’ve been wanting to play the Walker Course for a long time and it did not disappoint. Definitely one of my favorite courses. Greens were in great shape. Nice practice area. Very enjoyable afternoon.

Great Course, Great Location

Great location on Lake Hartwell. Played midweek round so no pace of play issues. Challenging butreasonable lay out. Walkable if you’re in decent shape.

Great shape, very playable

This is a really nice course that is not crazy hard. Whatever you do- go to the smokin pig after

Worth the trip

After 15 minute frost delay, we were able to enjoy this great layout. The greens and tees were in mid-season shape. Greens rolled true and with good pace for early March. Fairways were still mostly dormant but very playable. Every staff member we met were very friendly and wanted to ensure we had a enjoyable time. Some holes have water to carry on 2nd shots. Signature hole #17. Green bunker complex looks like Clemson Tiger Paw logo.

We did stay and play and had great room and it was a very good deal.

Great course!

Well laid out course. Was wet conditions from recent rains but still enjoyable. Pace of play was great except for a elderly 3some that wouldn’t offer to let us play through... finally just skipped 16 to get by. Beautiful views on back 9!!!!

The course was wet & windy

The course was cart path only. I road the front nine and walked the back nine as it was easier to play the course while walking rather than back and forth to the cart. It was very windy and play was slow which made the round less enjoyable. It really was not worth the discounted rate due to the conditions.

Pendleton, South Carolina